Posted December 17, 2014
I fill several roles. One daughter and one granddaughter are graduates of Willow Bend Academy in Plano. Both continued their education in college after graduation. Another granddaughter attended the Lewisville campus for a time, but the special needs became such that she needed a true special education program. The personal attention and challenging, personal curriculum planning are outstanding. I'm thankful for the experience my daughter and granddaughters had.

Posted December 15, 2014
As a parent, special education/resource instructor and a host family I can speak to all facets of Willow Bend Academy. When I found this school I was looking for a school for my daughter who was a gymnast. We needed a program that would fulfill her high school needs and provide her gymnastics career as well. We found this school to be the perfect fit. She has been able to work at her own pace with instructor guidance in goal setting, academics and life skills. This school is not for every student but the individualized assistance provided to each student is perfect for those who have learning differences or who need a specialized schedule. This school does have the great experience of having international students as well as American students. The cultural lessons learned by all students is a plus I didn t plan on. We have been here 3 years (beginning in 9th grade). My daughter will graduate this year in May.

Posted July 03, 2014
The review about Willow Bend Academy being a testing center for home school is incorrect. Willow Bend Academy does have students who complete assignments at home, but assignments are made by the faculty, with periodic individual tutoring and students take tests only on material taught by the school's faculty. While students occupy cubicles, teachers are NOT there just to answer questions. Each teacher has 8 students and the group is much like a family with the teacher teaching (1 to 1), coaching, assisting, and counseling. Students often NEED the individual attention, while others have special scheduling needs that are best served by Willow Bend Academy. One of my children and two grandchildren have benefitted from the program - all for different reasons.

Willow Bend Academy 3

Posted June 16, 2014
A specialist establishment which caters to homeschoolers looking for a testing center, foreign students who need a high school education to subsequently go to tertiary education and apparently any student who needs more individual attention. Currently about 100 students in total, about half are homeschoolers. The other half come in daily for half days, morning or afternoon. The school in Plano is in a shopping precinct and the inside is a cubicle farm. This apparently allows focussed study from worksheets. A teacher is present to answer one on one questions. It doesn't appear to be like a traditional development school. It appears more to be run like a transactional business. I was a prospective parent. I'm not giving a rating, just laying out some facts. Given average since it is required.

Posted November 26, 2013
Willow Bend is an incredible school. Willow Bend has helped our child heal after being bullied at a previous school. The love he has received has been tremendous! This school has helped him build his confidence and character. Our prayer is that Willow Bend will continue to grow as it is beyond what we ever thought. The teachers genuinely care about everyone. Even if your child thinks outside the box and is not a cookie cutter kid, everyone is nice and bullying is unacceptable. He is not only receiving a great education, but also being taught great characteristic qualities towards other people.

Posted September 12, 2013
Great & safe environment. The staff are VERY VERY patient with every student. Students are able to receive one on one attention as needed. EVERY CHILD is accepted and important here. We understand that EVERY CHILD learns differently and at their own pace. They receive ENCOURAGEMENT EVERY DAY.

Posted April 22, 2013
My daughter is finishing her 3rd year at Willow Bend. She is an accelerated student, self motivated and makes straight A's. We love the teachers and staff at WBA. They CARE - they meet each student where they are and help them excel. I will never do public school again! Not every child fits in the same mold and the instruction here is preparing my daughter for college while giving her the focus and one on one instruction to make her extremely successful in all her studies. She is set to graduate a full year ahead based on their self paced structure.

Posted September 09, 2011
My son's needs were not met in public school. He has learning disabilities. He was struggling and his self esteem had suffered. At Willow Bend he has one on one help in a caring environment. He maintains an A average now and looks forward to going to school every day! Willow Bend has changed our lives for the better. We are so grateful. We highly recommend this school to any child!

Posted June 21, 2011
I have been the Admissions Counselor for Willow Bend Academy for six years now. This is an exceptional school to help meet the individual needs of each student. No matter if they are accelerating their education, need remediation of coursework, or have a learning difference, Willow Bend Academy can accommodate them because of the individualized curriculum, structured classroom environment, constant accountability and motivation by faculty. Willow Bend Academy's mission is to provide a quality foundational education so students can master learning, which then equips them to successfully master life.

Posted February 21, 2011
The teachers at WBA are the real deal! They are dedicated, caring and concerned about the students progress. Most importantly they review the work , making sure the student understands what he/she is doing and teach the students how to plan their studies to help them reach their goals. My husband and I are happy we choose WBA.

Willow Bend Academy