Plano, TX
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

My wife and I began Willow Bend Academy in the summer of 1998 in our dining room. We had 6 students for summer school. In the fall of that year, we opened with only 2 students, but grew to 40 by year's end. The school has been accredited for 13 years by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/AdvancEd.
January 06, 2015

Posted January 29, 2015
I've been this school for 3 years. I like this school too much, teachers are nice and hige knowledge.to be honest, I am enjoy and pround of to be a part of WBA, the subjects could let us make much progress,and the teacher does,too. teachers have patience to teach me.this is my experiences in these years. there's a lot international students in WBA. at the weekend . school will give us a topic to discuss and make more chance for our English progress, it makes our speaking,writing,and listening to be stronger. the school's time makes us to have enough time to study, when we study we don't feeling a lot pressure,

Willow Bend Academy 4

Posted January 29, 2015
One positive thing I like about this school is one on one time. I feel that it is a great way to prepare you for test or, if you are stuck you don t have to worry about staying after school or come in early before class starts. I also like how we have breaks in-between subjects. The breaks help me recuperate so I can forces for the next subject. Something else that I like is that we go four hours a day instead of a full day. The shorter days help me say pace through the day. One negative thing I don t like about this school is the monthly testing requirements. I understand why we have them however, I do agree for the reason we have them. I feel like they should lower them because it is stressful. I personally don t do very well under pressure of meeting a requirement. I do love being a part of this school. I can say that I ve made some amazing friends that I enjoy being around. I ve also made good relationships with my teacher and in addition other teachers too. I m glad I ve moved to this school this year, and I look forward to being a part of this school. -Reagan Hughes

Posted January 27, 2015
Willow Bend Academy is one of the best schools that i have ever attended. The main reason that I came to this school is because I really was not making much progress in my old school. I did not think that I would enjoy Willow Bend Academy because it was a school that you basically work four hours straight. It turns out that I was wrong. I ended up loving their method of schooling. This school has helped me manage my time for both school and my personal life. I feel like I am a far more efficient person now. These time management skills will greatly help me for college and the rest of my life. Willow Bend Academy offers a wide range of courses that you can take. The school is is unique because they fit the curriculum to the student, and not the student to the curriculum. I came to this school with a great struggle in Mathematics. Thanks to the amazing teaching that i received, I have been making straight A's in Math for three years. Every single course that I have taken has been fit to my style of learning. You can rest assured that your child will be receiving a quality education if you enroll him or her in Willow Bend Academy. -William Merrill

Posted January 13, 2015
This school is pretty small, but a small school does not mean a small education. The atmosphere of this school is very familiar. This school has a morning class and an afternoon class, and students choose whichever they would like to join. The school time is about 4 hours, meaning the students can have a lot of free time for self-development. The unique thing this school has is that the students in this school can take tests whenever they are ready. If a student wants to graduate early and go to college, he or she can simply study a lot and take tests. The class size is small and I think there is only a little academic competition between the students. However, the students in WBA are able to have much longer time asking the teachers for help, meaning the students do not really have to hire personal tutors. Also, all the teachers in WBA are dedicated to helping the students. They are always, always, and always" willing to help the students. I hope you readers consider this school when you choose the school you will go to. I especially recommend this school to those who need personal time and those who need special care from teachers.

Posted January 13, 2015
Being in Willow Bend Academy (WBA) is such a great thing in my life. Our school s motto is Master learning Master life. Not only studying subjects, but I also learn lessons about life, about how to become a better person. The special thing about WBA is each student has his own pace to study. I can study without distraction and bothering others. I feel comfortable when I study because I don t need to run from class to class every time. I love this school so much and I m really proud to be a part of it. -Misa Nguyen-

Posted January 07, 2015
Willow Bend Academy is a small private school. The school accepts students at all ability levels and with varying academic goals. Willow Bend Academy offers a Home Study program for those students who desire to work at home. This is not traditional home schooling. The students complete work, as directed by the teachers, at home on their own schedule, and they come to school for testing. The workload and requirements are the same as students who attend class daily. The Home Study students have the benefit of one-on-one tutoring from a teacher. While these students represent a very small percentage of Willow Bend Academy s student body, the Home Study program is advantageous for the students who prefer to learn and work more independently. However, unlike home schooling, these students receive the support, guidance, and assistance of a teacher, while attending an accredited school. Additionally, the freedom of managing one s own academic time allows students the ability to schedule other activities or interests into their day, including sports, music, or college courses.

Posted January 07, 2015
I have a 6th grade daughter at WBA. We wanted her to start middle school in an environment that would maximize her strengths (Eng/Reading) and improve her growth areas (Math). We found that place! WBA has been a great fit for us. We love the small class sizes (8-1) and increased teacher time she gets each day. The self paced instruction lets her take more time on the subjects she needs to, and move faster in the areas she has already mastered. I would recommend WBA with 10 stars but it only let me choose 5.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 06, 2015

Posted January 06, 2015
If you are looking for a school where people really care, then Willow Bend Academy is the school for your child. Every student is IMPORTANT here. The student/teacher ratio is 8 students per teacher. Each students moves at their own pace. Teachers go out of their way to assist each student in the best way for them to learn/master the material. I have even seem some staff members go out of their way to get the right curriculum to fit a particular student.

Posted December 15, 2014
As a parent, special education/resource instructor and a host family I can speak to all facets of Willow Bend Academy. When I found this school I was looking for a school for my daughter who was a gymnast. We needed a program that would fulfill her high school needs and provide her gymnastics career as well. We found this school to be the perfect fit. She has been able to work at her own pace with instructor guidance in goal setting, academics and life skills. This school is not for every student but the individualized assistance provided to each student is perfect for those who have learning differences or who need a specialized schedule. This school does have the great experience of having international students as well as American students. The cultural lessons learned by all students is a plus I didn t plan on. We have been here 3 years (beginning in 9th grade). My daughter will graduate this year in May.

Willow Bend Academy