1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Our son has been at Great Lakes for the past three years. He is now in middle school and we are thankful every day for this school. We have other children that attend our local public school and that works well for them but for our middle child public school was not a great fit. He lost his self esteem and the large class size was overwhelming for him and he began to shut down. Academically he began to struggle and socially he felt left out. GLA changed all of that. He is learning everyday, has friends and looks forward to going to school every day. The whole team is so supportive and genuinely care about each student! We couldn't ask for more, we finally have our son back.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We couldn't be happier. The experience we have had and continue to have with each teacher throughout the past three years has been nothing but positive! They reach our son in a way that teachers before hadn't.

Amount of homework: Agree

Our experience has been good. On occasion when we felt our son was struggling with homework we contacted the teachers right away and together we worked out a plan that worked for our son.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students get social skills lessons along with the rest of the curriculum that help to develop these traits in our kids.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I strongly agree that Great Lakes Academy develops honesty, integrity and fairness in it's students. My son is proof of it. I cannot express fully all that this school has done for my child.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel that the amount of homework that my son was assigned was enough but never overwhelming. It was more about developing good habits, responsibility and accountability.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel that the teachers my son worked with at Great Lakes Academy were very effective in the way that they understood him, his needs, his strengths and his weaknesses. They took the time to know him and his learning differences well. They also showed him respect which resulted in very strong relationships with his teachers.

My son attended Great Lakes Academy for many years and graduated from GLA and then went on to college. He benefited from the excellent teachers and administrators who took the time to know him and to provide him with an excellent program of study. He is a wonderful young man, and our family will be forever grateful for all that he gained from attending Great Lakes Academy.

We are so thankful for Great Lakes Academy. Our daughter came in high school after being in public school for elementary and middle school. She felt that the world was against her. The turn around in attitude was remarkable. The small class size enabled her to get to know her teachers and her classmates. The teachers care about each student as a person. The administrators were always there to support her. Most importantly, she had friends who accepted her as she was. We are so happy to be Gators!

I was not going to comment but after reading posting from 4/25 and 1/15 of 2016 I could not have written the review any differently. It was exact same experience. We thought we were taking our child to a place where it would help but it did a lot of damage to my child. It has taken hoursof counseling to undo damage this place did. I am sure others had different exprience but I would run as fast I could from this place. So many better schools in area.

Last modified Great Lakes Academy is a Private school that serves grades 1-12