Posted May 16, 2013
I am very impressed to see the level of education enforced by this school as well as educating student the method to solve problem involving math/science. Level of difficulty does help student to grow. Homework provided is also help parent to keep involved to the level they know their child's progress and challenging child to think outside of the box. I have moved from out of state to this school during the year and I am happy with this school a lot due to all things mentioned above. The previous school my child used to go was also Exemplary but compare to this school the work and effort put by previous school was below the level of Taylor.

Taylor Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2012
My Grandson (grade K) was only in this school for two weeks before we pulled him It was a horrible experience. The teacher had nothing good to say and stated he did not have any friends, no attempt was made to h lp with this situation. The kids are unsupervised at recess and during bathroom time. My grandson was being bullied by a student and nothing was done. The staff greeted him each morning with sour faces and rarely even spoke to him, even when he would say good morning to them. The teacher kept referring to a student by name in her class as a specual needs student which I felt was inappropriate. Everyone seemed stressed out unhappy and down right lazy! We are so happy at our new school in Plano ISD. He is greeted with happy faces and positive remarks every morning. He has tons of friends and loves going to school. what a difference it makes when you have a teacher who cares! Something is terribly wrong at this school. Lastly the pick up procedure is rushed and unsafe! Walking kids in between cars is just unthinkable! So glad we left here and now have a happy go lucky child who is reading, writing sentences, and loves playing with his classmates.

Posted September 12, 2012
This school has been nothing but wonderful! My son has been going to the school for almost a year and the transition was great. Teachers are attentive, the parent involvement is great, and the school seems very safe. I love the fact that I can eat lunch or attend gatherings in the gym with my son. Plus all of the little extras this school does for families and its students is above and beyond my expectations!

Posted October 28, 2011
We have been very pleased with the high educational standards at Taylor. I have been most impressed with the level of parental involvement in our school and the faculty support and encouragement of parental participation. It has been a great experience and we look forward to each school year.

Taylor Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2011
No leadership. I was at the school a lot and rarely saw the principal. The teachers are super focused on testing and no real learning. No class pets. The playground is like a playpen and after being at another TX school, the Gifted and Talented Program is a joke. Happy to have left this school. No freedom to learn...just do worksheets and tests.

Taylor Elementary School 2

Posted March 19, 2009
The teachers are what keeps this school going. There is absolutely no administrative support. Parents you would be appalled at what is allowed to go on in the classrooms. The teachers have no support and so your child has to watch as teachers struggle with discipline issues. This needs to stop!

Taylor Elementary School 0

Posted February 24, 2009
Taylor Elementary is a wonderful school. Our Granddaughter is so happy at Taylor. We're also happy that she is a part of Taylor. This is her second year at Taylor. The teachers really care for all there student's . They have the same goal as we do as parents or grandparents. What a great pubic school . Your child will get the best education and great teachers as if your child attend a private school without the cost of a private school . Taylor keep up the great work!! I'm so blessed to have our granddaughter in such a wonderful school. Thank you Frisco for such a wonderful school ....A.Barnes

Posted September 27, 2008
Super high parent involvement. Great PTA programs. Education seems to be right on track. My 1st grader was reading by the end of kindergarten.

Posted February 27, 2008
Caring, enthusastic teachers. Wonderful, brand new facility. My only complaint is that the playground is very small for the number of children and there is plenty of room behind the school to have a much larger playground. I have 2 daughters at Taylor and this is their second year for both. They like their school and adore their teachers!

Posted August 04, 2007

Taylor Elementary School
9865 Gillespie Drive, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified Taylor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top