Plano, TX

Posted May 21, 2015
The school has been antagonistic and rude to me when I go there to discuss different instances of behavior with my child. They treat him poorly and as a disruptance even though he has the right to equal treatment and education the same as other children. He has a difficult time focusing and staying on task and is constantly being punished for this by being kept inside during recess and lunch and isolated, rather than being allowed the liberty of running around and letting off excess steam. This to me is counterproductive and against behavior therapy practices.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 21, 2015
The teachers at the school are concerned with order and performance instead of individual learning needs of children in the school, if I child doesn't sit straight and do tasks perfectly the first time they are asked then they are labelled as behavior problems, when in reality I have never met a kid that will behave like that all the time. A child singing and wiggling around in their seat to me sounds quite normal yet my child is treated as though he is bad because of that

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 21, 2015
I won't go into detail about one teacher. I believe this is more than a singular issue. It's systemic.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
Our child has been disrespected. It's hard for him to look up to anyone as a mentor at Taylor.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
Our son has a hard time concentrating. They deal with it by segregating him from his class and threatening suspension. The only exception they will make is if we get him tested for ADHD. We plan to test him, but we don't have the $1,100 it takes to run the test right now. It seems the school helps the pharmaceutical companies more than my child.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
They came up a fun ticket reward system for our son and then ignored it. Instead they only kept a negative reinforcing technique by using a negative behavior chart. How is that supposed to teach children to be consistent when the adults running the school are not consistent?

Posted May 21, 2015
My son is in 1st grade and has had a hard time at Taylor. He has been labeled a trouble maker because he swings his arms and skips while the class walks in a line. Other small childish behaviors are marked off of his behavior chart because he is not a perfect child. We have tried to back up the teacher and school and have always done what they have asked us to do. However, our son comes home everyday extremely sad and keeps asking, "When will school be over?" This comes from a child who loves to read and can complete home work in less than one hour. There have been multiple times where I try to call or email the teacher with no response. We will be looking to transfer to another school district.

Taylor Elementary School 5

Posted May 16, 2013
I am very impressed to see the level of education enforced by this school as well as educating student the method to solve problem involving math/science. Level of difficulty does help student to grow. Homework provided is also help parent to keep involved to the level they know their child's progress and challenging child to think outside of the box. I have moved from out of state to this school during the year and I am happy with this school a lot due to all things mentioned above. The previous school my child used to go was also Exemplary but compare to this school the work and effort put by previous school was below the level of Taylor.

Posted November 19, 2012
My Grandson (grade K) was only in this school for two weeks before we pulled him It was a horrible experience. The teacher had nothing good to say and stated he did not have any friends, no attempt was made to h lp with this situation. The kids are unsupervised at recess and during bathroom time. My grandson was being bullied by a student and nothing was done. The staff greeted him each morning with sour faces and rarely even spoke to him, even when he would say good morning to them. The teacher kept referring to a student by name in her class as a specual needs student which I felt was inappropriate. Everyone seemed stressed out unhappy and down right lazy! We are so happy at our new school in Plano ISD. He is greeted with happy faces and positive remarks every morning. He has tons of friends and loves going to school. what a difference it makes when you have a teacher who cares! Something is terribly wrong at this school. Lastly the pick up procedure is rushed and unsafe! Walking kids in between cars is just unthinkable! So glad we left here and now have a happy go lucky child who is reading, writing sentences, and loves playing with his classmates.

Taylor Elementary School 5

Posted September 12, 2012
This school has been nothing but wonderful! My son has been going to the school for almost a year and the transition was great. Teachers are attentive, the parent involvement is great, and the school seems very safe. I love the fact that I can eat lunch or attend gatherings in the gym with my son. Plus all of the little extras this school does for families and its students is above and beyond my expectations!

9865 Gillespie Drive, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified Taylor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top