Plano, TX

Posted March 18, 2015
I am a Fowler Middle school and it a fabulous school. It is anti bully school, has great teachers and facility and is a great atmosphere for kids to be in.

Posted May 25, 2014
Fowler middle school has a great learning environment for kids. The material is challenging and helps kids succeed. The teachers are amazing! They work so hard and communicate very well with the parents. Fowler is awesome!

Posted March 03, 2014
Coming toward the end of three years at Fowler I couldn't have hoped or expected a better , educational experience or environment for my son. Our experience at FMS along with FISD has exceeded every expectation and raised the bar on what can be accomplished in public schools. I applaud the staff at FMS and wish to thank them for their exemplary service !

Fowler Middle School 1

Posted March 02, 2014
The principals only care about money, status, and wealthy/influential parents' kids. If you're not rich, they will let the teachers and everyone else trample your child's dignity and self-esteem. Disgraceful.

Posted January 06, 2014
One last thing, fowler is extremely diverse. About 35 percent asian 45 Caucasian 10 African American and 8 percent Hispanic and 2 other. So I'll you are uncomfortable with the mixing of cultures best avoid our school.

Fowler Middle School 1

Posted January 06, 2014
Terrible. The teachers are nice, but the administrators are all rude and completely disconnected from the student body. Struggling or non-conforming students are treated in an abusive manner, and no one tries to show any compassion. The head principal is a bully who fosters a culture of bullying at this school. Don't send your child here if you can help it.

Posted February 19, 2013
My 2 kids went to Fowler. Most of the teachers are nice and very good teachers. As more then one parent mentioned in her/his post, my children don't like the the coaches and the assistant principal either. They are clueless when it comes to talking with kids. Most kids are afraid to talk to them, even to ask simple questions, especially coaches. Example: my daughter missed a game and i wanted to know if she was gonna play the next one and/or she has stay after practice for make ups. My daughter did not want to talk to the coach, she was scared to be yelled at. Then i wrote an email, simple and short just to check about scheduling. I work and there is no bus after normal dismissal time, so I need to prepare myself. For my surprise, the coach went straight to my daughter complaining that I should not have written to them, that she (my daughter) would find that out in pracice. Really??? Whats wrong with that???? Why they are so aggressive and passive aggressive???? Not happy with that :( Anyways, that's the only negative thing about Fowler.

Fowler Middle School 3

Posted April 22, 2012
My child has ADHD (inattentive) and a number of Teachers either don't have the desire, time, bandwidth or skills to teach in the way and manner suited for this learning difference, regardless of state requirement(s). This has made it difficult to succeed and maintain a healthy level of confidence. I hope for a turnaround.

Posted July 05, 2011
My son had a good experience at Fowler. The teaching staff provides good instruction and leadership. I feel my son is adequately prepared for the transition to high school.

Posted July 01, 2011
25% of teachers are great;25% don't care & seem to not like kids;the other 50% are pretty average.So, I guess it's just a roll of the dice whether your child gets a great education or left behind.Students not having their own textbooks is bad, especially w/how much we pay in property taxes for education.I was told textbooks aren't used as teaching is geared to TAKS curriculum.Students NEED textbooks, not hand outs & journals they paste them into.I have never heard of such a thing & we lived in 2 other states who also had state testing.Kids still had textbooks.How will they learn to use textbooks in high school/college if not using them now?Studying for tests is difficult if journal notes are missing.Also lacking is use of "Home Access."It is not being used to its potential.Teachers should be required to post homework/assignments due dates & vital notes or study guides.If Home Access was really being used like it should be, it would be a very valuable learning tool.Fowler should improve this & mandate teachers use Home Access more effectively.Overall, I like Fowler,but agree principals/front office are bad w/kids & seem to work on fear instead of being positive role models.Sad!

Fowler Middle School
3801 McDermott Road, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified Fowler Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fowler Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top