Posted January 14, 2014
This school is designed for highly motivated kids. It would not suit a student that needs a great deal of extra help or support. Much of the work is done outside of class (the school day is short and no class on Fridays). This is not the school for every family, but it is a wonderful situation for self-managing and highly motivated kids who are bright/successful students, but also wish to pursue outside interests or competitive sports. My child attends SCA and he is definitely more academically challenged here than he was in a west Plano public school. He also has more time to pursue his sport and spends less time in a school building each day. He says that it is much more enjoyable than public school. He tells me that there are fewer social issues, and less distractions from the "trouble-maker" kids that seem to drag everyone down in some of those huge public school classrooms. It makes sense- smaller classes with teachers who get right to work on the day's lesson.... and no wasted time! Like I said, for the right kid, this school is perfect!

Spring Creek Academy 3

Posted September 26, 2013
Spring Creek Academy, Plano Texas This school offers a condensed schedule (3 hours/day) so that students can have 6 or more hours available each day to pursue other special skills such as music, acting, or sports. It is a good idea, however, due to inconsistent academic standards, teacher quality, and administrative leadership the school falls short of its potential. The school frustrates the students and parents with poor communication and uninspired administrative leadership. Families who use this school need to push their children to work above and beyond the demands of the curriculum and teachers in order to prepare them adequately for AP tests, college entrance tests, and for college level work. The biggest plus for the school is the peer group of very exceptional athletes, musicians, and actors who attend world class training programs and compete/perform at the highest levels. Most of the students will earn scholarships to Division I college sports teams, fine arts, and music programs. The greatest advantage of the school is the peer group of highly motivated, hard working, goal oriented students who can relate to the challenges and ambitions of the other students.

Posted May 02, 2013
Not for the college bound. I am a former SPA student and I have almost completed my first year of college. I was mostly an A and sometimes B student at SCA. After graduating from SCA I was not prepared for college at all. At SCA I rarely wrote papers and never read a novel. We only practiced vocabulary once, which affected my SAT score. The teachers put no pressure on us and were satisfied with below average work. I realize now that I should have attended a more competitive high school. My parents sent me to SCA so I would have time for my sport and because it is accredited. After comparing my education to other college kids I don't know how they got accredited. I got into a decent college but it was because of my athletic ability. If you are serious about school go somewhere else.

Posted November 12, 2012
Our daughter has attended Spring Creek Academy for 9 years. The school has excellent teachers, a strong principal/school leadership and challenging academic programs. They are terrific at working with students and parents through difficult educational situations . We would recommend SCA to any family, but especially those with children in the arts and/or athletic programs wanting a high level of high schoold education.

Posted June 10, 2012
I am happy that my child attended SCA. He was able to get the education he needed to prepare for college. The staff and curriculum is getting better each year with a continuous improvement program.

Posted May 26, 2012
SCA is an interesting school - we've experienced all levels of the school - elementary, MS and HS. The most important thing to understand about SCA is that it is very much like life - you will (as a family) get out of it what you put in. I think that's why there are such diverse reviews. It's not for every kid, and doesn't pretend to be. It's absolutely true that many of the kids there are enormously involved in an outside activity - some of the world's best young athletes, musicians, etc. attend SCA. Those kids are extraordinarily motivated, mature kids - they need a compressed schedule, and they want an accelerated curriculum. They get both at SCA. The school will accomodate, support and facilitate almost any advancement a student needs - we've experienced some wonderful examples of that. What it won't do is tolerate disruptive, destructive behavior, which I completely support.

Posted May 25, 2012
We just finished our first year at Spring Creek and were very happy with our experience. I believe both our children received quality education and have re-enrolled for next year. We had positive experiences with the staff and administration when we had questions and I feel like they truly care about the children.

Posted May 19, 2012
This school progressively gets worse as your child approaches the higher grades. In middle school and high school some of the teachers do not know the subjects they are teaching. The Director does not have an education background or a college degree and still makes academic decisions. There are bright kids at this school, unfortunately with the unqualified staff these children are not reaching their full potential. Many of the people that work at this school are family members so change is unlikely.

Spring Creek Academy 2

Posted May 09, 2012
Had a negative strange experience with this school. Recieved curt, one word replies to the "director of operations and admissions" I got a very cold, uncaring attitude , and thats As a parent. I then realized that the director and one teacher, counselor are married. It's one of those insular family owned places. The husband couldn't find a job so his mother in law, the owner, gave him one. Zero interest in education or communication.

Posted April 10, 2012
Terrible school. The previous owner at least had some qualifications to run a school and had some concern about the children that were there. Now her daughter and primarily her daughters husband run the school. He clearly does not have a background nor an interest in education or students. Make sure you ask plenty of questions before considering this school and be sure to meet with him directly. It is true the students do not read nor write papers. When several parents addressed this nothing was done by administration. This school is for athletes and their families who want all of their time spent on sports and no time spent in school or on school assignments. If you or your child want an education do not come here. If you want a high school diploma without learning or doing any work, this is the place for you. Fortunately these students get accepted to major colleges based on their athletic ability.

Spring Creek Academy
6000 Custer Rd Bldg 5, Plano, TX  75023
Last modified Spring Creek Academy is a Private school that serves grades K, 3-12
Spring Creek Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top