K, 3-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

From the first consideration of moving our child out of public school, my spouse and I were impressed with Spring Creek Academy's flexibility and tailored use of curriculum to meet the needs of a variety of learners. Our first classroom visit included the demonstration of teaching that met visual, kinetic, and auditory needs.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Behind Spring Creek's success is a core set of leadership values that not only the faculty embraces, but the students adopt and personify. From participating in external academic competition to representing in student government, the school encourages kids to explore leadership opportunities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There's very little doubt in my mind, that my child has benefited from the diversity that Spring Creek has to offer... developing strong characteristics of empathy, consideration, and benevolence.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

From my family's experience, Spring Creek has been able to recruit and retain some of the most effective middle and high school teachers from around the area.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Of course homework and self study is a part of the overall approach at Spring Creek, and each year the rigor of expectations grows, but at a pace that my child is able to accept and within parameters that seem achievable each school year.

My child continues to excel not just in academic pursuits, but also in the development of self-esteem and confidence during these early high school years often plagued by social anxiety and uncertainty. I feel that Spring Creek Academy's environment and culture, from the teachers and staff to the students, provides a safe place for children of all ages to grow and mature at the right pace.

As a student at Spring Creek Academy, I can say the years I have attended have been some of the best years of my life! The feeling of a loving and close community is rare in a school environment. The small class sizes eliminate "cliques" and "groups" and everyone is truly a part of a big, happy family. The welcoming environment is not the only upside to Spring Creek Academy. The academics, though rigorous and challenging, are exactly what growing students need to succeed in the real world. I have personally noticed vast improvements not only in my overall knowledge, but also in my note taking and studying skills (two skills vital for college). I feel more confident, especially in my writing skills. Overall, Spring Creek Academy is not only a marvelous learning environment, it also welcomes students to a family of highly motivated students and people!

Spring Creek Academy Is an absolute gem for parents who are looking for a challenging academic environment that allows flexibility as their child seeks to excel in non-academic areas. Coming from an exemplary school district with a child in all honors classes, we were concerned that the curriculum would not be challenging enough, but that has not been the case.

A positive educational environment where students can pursue academic excellence while pursuing personal excellence in their dreams for their future.

Amount of homework: Agree

We are in our second year at SCA, and I am rating the amount of homework as "just right". If I had been asked during the first 6 months we were there I would have said the homework was "too much". The homework was one of the more difficult adjustments for my daughter when we transitioned from public school. As a quick learner, she always completed "homework" in class and never had to study (even in her honors classes) and so having hours of homework and needing to study for tests was new to her. During her first year at SCA, weekly writing assignments were the biggest challenge, but her writing ability and grammar mastery grew tremendously. This year, she has really been challenged by Science and perhaps for the first time had to really learn how to study. We are pleased that she is being challenged, and she has adjusted to meet the challenges, while learning organizational, time management, and study skills in the process.

Last modified Spring Creek Academy is a Private school that serves grades K, 3-12