Focus On The Future Training Center

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Plano

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $179,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Sweep tile

Posted February 1, 2014

I agree with the parents who say do your research. If your child has behavior problems this is NOT the school for your child. Brenda is very intolerant and talks a good game. The staff outside of Brenda was great.

Posted November 1, 2013

I agree, do your research! Now back in public school and very happy. The ratio was never as low as advertised. High teacher turn over rate.

Posted October 17, 2013

Parents DO YOUR RESEARCH before choosing this school. Most of the reviews written on this page you can tell do not come from a parent but from the director herself. My child attended this school for less than a year and this is because this school is not safe for any child. The director held my child against their will in her office teaching my child inappropriate curse words. She then had the audacity to contact us via a phone call to share what she taught my child to repeat-- a curse word. My child is verbal and able to share about his day and not to mention other witnesses (school staff) saw the director manipulating my child. It upset my child what Brenda did and it's disgusting bad behavior on her part. Parents, look elsewhere. Do not waste your time and money at this school. Do your research and look at each one of your options for education. Even if this is your last resort or choice I would not choose this school.

Posted July 24, 2013

I would like to acknowledge Focus on The Future for everything they have done to help my son grow and to reach his fullest potential. The staff is AWESOME! They are the very top in their field and they do their job with the kindest of heart. My son has achieved so much since he has attended this this school. His behaviors, speech, and education have grown leaps and bounds. They work together with the parents and provide the family with an abundance of support. I have seen how the life skills that my child has learned at this school will help him achieve throughout the rest of his life. Focus on the Future has been a very positive experience for my child and has changed our entire family's life for the better!!

Posted May 16, 2013

My son Clayton began Focus in the summer of 2012. Since that time I have seen such amazing changes in his life. From a little boy with autism who barely spoke, to a little man who can now not only tell you his name but can write it!!! With the wonderful staff who not only teach my child, they love him. They have giving me more that I could ever repay...they have given me hope. My son has so much potential now and I owe it all to the FOFTC. I would tell any parent if they had a child on the spectrum..this is the place for miracles. Tina Iburg (Clayton's mom)

Posted April 22, 2013

As parents of a child with special needs we can definitely say this school and their staff is top notch in working with all types and ages of children with special needs. Their teachers, aides, and staff have been such a blessing for our child and the results our child has achieved and continues to achieve at this school are just incredible. The staff is very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable and keeps you updated daily on your child's progress and is always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have. The environment is one where they treat all children and their families with the utmost respect almost as if they were part of their own family and after a while it seems everyone there children, parents, and staff are like one big family. We have been very pleased with this school for the last 3 1/2 yrs and continue to recommend them highly to anyone!

Posted April 18, 2013

Focus on the Future have change our lives, our daugther started the program about 8 months ago and we have seen an amazing enhancement since then, her attention, eye contact and learning skills have improve noticeably, but the best of all is to see how happy she is to go to school every day, I want to express my gratitude to the entire staff, thank you so much for your love and care!

Posted January 26, 2013

We started our son, Maximo, in Focus on the Future Training Center in August 2009. I had very noticeable results even after a few months of him starting there. After two years at Focus, he was ready to be mainstreamed to a public school nearby. Focus advised us every step of the way in our transition to mainstream to a public school. My son excelled very well at the public school because he had such a strong foundation coming out of all the hard work at Focus. I cannot praise Focus enough on the miracle work they have done for my son and family. These people are very specialized in autism treatment. The teachers are loving and caring and know exactly what they are doing. I am able to interact with my son so much better. He is such a happy & loving boy. We are so blessed to have found this school! Our family highly recommends this school for any child with special needs. -Proud Mom, Constance

Posted April 16, 2012

After having my child in the school for the last three years, I feel I can confidently challenge the few negative comments. This school is neither under qualified, under staffed, nor just out for your money. Our children are very unique and the school does a great job in teaching them at their pace and level. Note the quote that has been on their window for years - "If they don't learn the way we teach them, teach them the way they learn". The school has recently moved into a larger building with a great play area and better amenities within, which the kids absolutely love. I can go on, but will conclude with just three comments; 1) I would recommend Focus to any child with special needs, 2) keep your mind open and take part in your child s development; 3) keep your expectations real and you may be amazed by your child s development.

Posted January 16, 2012

We just learned about these two negative comments and wish to apologize for any dissatisfaction experienced by these parent colleagues of our summer camp session. We reached out to both parents, with hopes of resolution, immediately after they expressed their concerns after our Summer Camp had ended.Over 70% of our staff have been with us for many years. Our typical classroom includes 10 children and is staffed with a lead teacher and two teacher s aides. During the Fall of 2011, we replaced our OT and added a Physical Therapist, and some new exciting new Dog therapy. Lastly, in December of 2011, we purchased a 10,000 square building, located on a beautiful 1.6 acre campus. Our new facility will feature a new State of the Art Sensory Zone , consisting a (1) Sensory Room, (2) Computer Lab with enhanced sensory software, (3) a Student Lounge, having highly interactive virtual video programs, and (4) Speech Lab, featuring a Conversation Station and Smart Board Technology, all are designed to address the unique and creative sensory needs of our special students. We are committed to continuing to invest as necessary to provide a richer experience for our students and their families.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 10, 2011

I would not recommend Focus on the Future to any one. Since being at Focus my child's behaviors have not changed and he is doing no better academically. Their 'trained' staff, come to find out, is, for the most part, not trained at all to teach special education and give the children there the education they deserve. The director is after your money- and in no way care about your child's success. The classes are not based on a 3:1 ratio, there are 2 teachers in classes of 9-11 children. Agreeing with the previous poster, the turn-over rate for the teachers is high, the staff is not treated well and their pay is considered below poverty level. Please, do not set your child up for failure in this school. It will only be blamed on you and you as the parent are NOT at fault.

Posted August 7, 2011

My experience with this school was at best ok. I thought I had done all my research, the reviews were good and Brenda Batts the Director talks a good game. My childs teacher changed 3 times in less than 3 weeks. Upon my first tour of the school I noticed the facility was out of date and the educational supplies that were in poor condition. I looked past this because my thought was that she was paying her "well educated" and experienced staff a good wage. Come to find out she only pays her teachers barely more than minimum wage. Hence the turnover! My child never brought home any kind of activities to show or prove to me that any kind of progress ws being made. There was no Physical or Occupational Therapist on staff and my child had 10 plus kids in the classroom and only 2 teachers, not the 3 to 1 ratio I was told about. Please do your research and ask the right questions before committing your time and money. We all want whats best for our children but in my opinion this facility does not live up to the hype.

Posted May 26, 2011

After alot of searching and looking at every school in Dallas, Richardson, Carrolton/Farmers Branch, Plano, this is by far the best school for special needs/Autism child. My son was first diagnosed with Autism at 18 months and you would be amazed at the ignorance of the school he was prior at (Montisorri). My son (4 yrs) is finishing his last year at Focus and what a huge difference! He can read small words, write, talk well, is well behaved and very social. I highly recommend this school, hands down and no question about it!

Posted March 4, 2010

I love Focus and all of the staff. My child has made good progress in a short amount of time. We have been to a few places and this is the first time I have seen real results. I highly recommend Focus to anyone with a special needs child.

Posted March 4, 2010

They are the very best private school for children with autism we have experienced. They are attentive, knowledgeable, effective, and friendly. Our child has made great strides since being enrolled here. We highly recommend it!

1717 W Plano Parkway