Posted June 16, 2015
Our son, now 7, just finished his second year at Focus. Two years ago, we were at our wits' end after leaving the Plano ISD pre-school program. Long story, oversimplified and short: He is hearing-impaired AND has cognitive delays and while we felt that the proposed environment was the best possible solution for him *within the school district*, it would NOT have been the best for him objectively. We lucked out in finding Focus, whose director met him and then asked me to trust her by enrolling him at Focus. The environment and curriculum were a complete departure from his previous school's, but we took a leap of faith with Brenda and it made all the difference in the world. At 5 years old, he had had to re-learn HOW to learn and he simply would not have received that instruction in any other program, anywhere. The staff handled his hearing loss with understanding and were eager and willing to learn all of the technology with which he came. He receives therapy on-campus from excellent therapists, eliminating the need to pull him out of school completely. We believe that the progress he has made overall would not have been possible without Focus.

Posted June 16, 2015
After 4 years of ABA, my daughter was ready for a change. She wanted an actual classroom with other kids and teachers. When we found FOTF, we were thrilled. It seemed to be the right fit. After a few months there, now we're certain it is. My daughter loves going and is learning fast. The staff is stellar and fun. And most importantly, they all seem to love what they do and adore these kids. I can't say enough great things about FOTF or the highly dedicated staff!

Posted February 01, 2014
I agree with the parents who say do your research. If your child has behavior problems this is NOT the school for your child. Brenda is very intolerant and talks a good game. The staff outside of Brenda was great.

Posted November 01, 2013
I agree, do your research! Now back in public school and very happy. The ratio was never as low as advertised. High teacher turn over rate.

Posted October 17, 2013
Parents DO YOUR RESEARCH before choosing this school. Most of the reviews written on this page you can tell do not come from a parent but from the director herself. My child attended this school for less than a year and this is because this school is not safe for any child. The director held my child against their will in her office teaching my child inappropriate curse words. She then had the audacity to contact us via a phone call to share what she taught my child to repeat-- a curse word. My child is verbal and able to share about his day and not to mention other witnesses (school staff) saw the director manipulating my child. It upset my child what Brenda did and it's disgusting bad behavior on her part. Parents, look elsewhere. Do not waste your time and money at this school. Do your research and look at each one of your options for education. Even if this is your last resort or choice I would not choose this school.

Posted July 24, 2013
I would like to acknowledge Focus on The Future for everything they have done to help my son grow and to reach his fullest potential. The staff is AWESOME! They are the very top in their field and they do their job with the kindest of heart. My son has achieved so much since he has attended this this school. His behaviors, speech, and education have grown leaps and bounds. They work together with the parents and provide the family with an abundance of support. I have seen how the life skills that my child has learned at this school will help him achieve throughout the rest of his life. Focus on the Future has been a very positive experience for my child and has changed our entire family's life for the better!!

Posted May 16, 2013
My son Clayton began Focus in the summer of 2012. Since that time I have seen such amazing changes in his life. From a little boy with autism who barely spoke, to a little man who can now not only tell you his name but can write it!!! With the wonderful staff who not only teach my child, they love him. They have giving me more that I could ever repay...they have given me hope. My son has so much potential now and I owe it all to the FOFTC. I would tell any parent if they had a child on the spectrum..this is the place for miracles. Tina Iburg (Clayton's mom)

Posted April 22, 2013
As parents of a child with special needs we can definitely say this school and their staff is top notch in working with all types and ages of children with special needs. Their teachers, aides, and staff have been such a blessing for our child and the results our child has achieved and continues to achieve at this school are just incredible. The staff is very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable and keeps you updated daily on your child's progress and is always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have. The environment is one where they treat all children and their families with the utmost respect almost as if they were part of their own family and after a while it seems everyone there children, parents, and staff are like one big family. We have been very pleased with this school for the last 3 1/2 yrs and continue to recommend them highly to anyone!

Posted April 18, 2013
Focus on the Future have change our lives, our daugther started the program about 8 months ago and we have seen an amazing enhancement since then, her attention, eye contact and learning skills have improve noticeably, but the best of all is to see how happy she is to go to school every day, I want to express my gratitude to the entire staff, thank you so much for your love and care!

Posted January 26, 2013
We started our son, Maximo, in Focus on the Future Training Center in August 2009. I had very noticeable results even after a few months of him starting there. After two years at Focus, he was ready to be mainstreamed to a public school nearby. Focus advised us every step of the way in our transition to mainstream to a public school. My son excelled very well at the public school because he had such a strong foundation coming out of all the hard work at Focus. I cannot praise Focus enough on the miracle work they have done for my son and family. These people are very specialized in autism treatment. The teachers are loving and caring and know exactly what they are doing. I am able to interact with my son so much better. He is such a happy & loving boy. We are so blessed to have found this school! Our family highly recommends this school for any child with special needs. -Proud Mom, Constance

Focus On The Future Training Center
1717 W Plano Parkway, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified Focus On The Future Training Center is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Focus On The Future Training Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top