School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The posts of February 18, 2013 and February 28, 2013 look like they are from the same person. Yorktown's ACT and SAT test scores are in the top 1% of schools in the United States, Yorktown does this while accepting students enrolling with average test scores. To accomplish these exemplary increases, Yorktown runs a calm, comforting, encouraging environment that requires well behaved children AND parents. We also require work with a moderate flexible schedule. Unfortunately, not all students work, and students or parents may misbehave, and refuse to learn to behave. It would not be fair to the vast majority of well behaved students to allow this to continue. Students or parents who continue to misbehave must continue their schooling elsewhere. We also respect the privacy of our parents and students and require them to respect others. As a policy the school does not comment on parents or students who have been expelled.
August 27, 2013

Yorktown Education 2

Posted June 19, 2015
My daughters transcript was a joke. Her classes at Yorktown were taught by teachers she could never find. Her language class with Rosetta Stone didn't teach her anything. Thank goodness I knew math to teach her.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 10, 2015
We always have at least one teacher per room who can reset or try to help out a kid.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 10, 2015
If you do your work on time during the day you shouldn't have homework but if you dont finish on time then you might have a few assignments to finish. Usually a day's work is 3-4 quizzes a day if not less, depending upon the class and schedule.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 10, 2015
The schools motto is "Do What You Love" which encourages kids to achieve their goals. We are partners with Collin College which allows the kids to go beyond their grade level and experience college life.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 10, 2015
We respect one another and the teachers respect the kids, the discipline is just depending upon the offense.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 10, 2015
The older students look out for the younger ones and mentor them when they move up a level.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 10, 2015
In my experience my friends were there to help me out if I needed it, this school is like a second family to me and if you are willing to be part of that family they will accept you with open arms.

Yorktown Education 5

Posted June 09, 2015
I attended Yorktown Education and found that if you need a grade check or help, the teachers are there to help. It is a great school for people who are willing to do the work required. The staff are nice and willing to help. It's at your own pace, which worked for me (don't be fooled though you still have to do the work on time). I would highly recommend this school, it was like a second family for me, supportive the whole way through.

Yorktown Education 1

Posted June 06, 2015
The value of this degree is nonexistent. Most of the students in my son's graduating class transferred out and the only attending college dropped out. They receive no attention and the teachers do not seem to care. In addition cheating off of google is incredibly prevalent. Please do not waste your money.

Yorktown Education 3

Posted February 08, 2015
Yorktown edu is a great place for smaller children. They have great teachers and fun activities, but severely neglect the upper school (mainly the high school). With limited space, new teacher popping up every year, and a dishonest promise of being able to 'move ahead' from your starting level. The math teacher is always on a smoke break, and the english teacher likes to take weeks off and get our finals off of spark notes. This school is great for elementary aged children, but not very supportive of anyone higher than that. I've been told by the staff that they're doing "all we can do to get the younger ones in. That's what we really want." So, in my opinion, get your kids out once they hit 12. - A student

5170 Village Creek Drive, Plano, TX  75093