Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy 5

Posted June 23, 2015
My girls love Legacy and look forward to school. Teachers are awesome !!! Looking forward to next year!!

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 16, 2015
This school sucks they didn't do anything when they had so many problems invloving drugs and bullying

Posted June 16, 2015
There were drugs and the principle didn't do anything about it until the end of the year and bullying was active as well I don't know about the other Plano and Dallas campus but mesquite has a legacy too and the principle promised the school so many things but didn't do anything and only 2-4 people passed out of all the campuses in Plano,mesquite and Dallas. Thus shouldn't have any stars at all

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy 5

Posted June 01, 2015
Our kiddos have loved it! Super wonderful teachers, lots of art, music and outdoor time and our fav... A garden!

Posted April 26, 2015
I am the parent of a Junior High scholar who attends LPCA. Although our time there has been short, we have experienced teachers who genuinely care about the scholars in their classrooms. The emphasis on learning is evident everywhere you turn, even outdoors. It is amazing the transformation which is taking place in the garden area behind the school. Eventually when the garden is complete, it will be a place where the scholars can go and study and explore nature and learn about how nature evolves in a garden setting. I am proud to say that my scholar loves going to school and learning at LPCA. For those of you who may be reading this and wondering why I keep saying "scholar" verses student, it is because students at LPCA are not called "students" they are referred to as scholars.

Posted April 26, 2015
Though we have only had our son enrolled at LPCA a few months, I have been quite pleased with the change. Most importantly, we now have a child who actually looks forward to school each day. Sadly, the ISD world we transferred from seemed powerless to eliminate the hostile learning environment our child endured. I don t blame the teachers for what we suffered, as their hands are essentially tied . Thankfully, with LPCA being a charter school, they are not bound by the same rules of engagement as the ISD. Though it is a new and growing school, it has a very different method of teaching and our child is now thriving. At LPCA there is a very strong focus on technology, engineering, and math which has been amazing. The teachers I have interacted with have proven to be nothing short of awesome and dedicated. I feel confident they will play an important part in the educational success our child enjoys now, and in the future. After all, they focus on more than the here and now; they are out to level the playing field on a much larger scale. With focus on science, technology, engineering, and math; students are being equipped to succeed as they move on college.

Posted April 24, 2015
This school was awarded Distinction in Science and Distinction in College and Career Readiness by Texas Education Agency

Posted April 22, 2015
My daughter was instructed during class at this school to pull weeds in a wooded area severely infested with poison ivy. She obtained a severe rash covering most of her face, including her eyes. It's so bad she had to have a shot, a prescription steroid, prescription antihistamine, and prescription strength steroid foam applied to the rash. When I confronted the school principal she said they will continue to send children who haven't had a reaction yet. My daughter is NOT the first, there have been other students before her that have also broken out with rashes due to the poison ivy. After speaking with the principal/superintendent and realizing they would still send students back during school to pull weeds from this area, I decided to go and have a look myself. I found poison ivy everywhere! I trusted this school with my daughters well being and this school put her into harms way. They are not required to be held responsible for the harm, the safety, or well being of their students while in their care due to their negligence. I have learned there are now more students who are also developing rash from the poison ivy. This school should be shut down immediately!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 01, 2015
I send my son to this school in Mesquite and I would recommend staying away. The school was started by Dr. Good and honestly there isn't a good discipline system in place. It's about money and keeping kids in there who should otherwise be attending alternative schools. I could sense that there is no support for teachers and therefore there is a high turnover rate. Stay away from this school!
3 people found this helpful

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy 2

Posted February 13, 2015
This is a new charter school in Plano and I was anxious to get my son into it. However, their discipline system is lax and although they say they have zero tolerance for bullying, my son goes thru it on a daily basis. I have been there when other parents went in to complain about their children getting bullied too. The teachers are not very professional and from the very first orientation, I was hesitant and not sure I made a good choice transferring my son to this school. If things do not improve, i will take him right back out. You shouldn't have to worry who is going to pick on you that day, each and everyday without feeling like anyone will help.
2 people found this helpful

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy
601 Accent Drive, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top