Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Both of my kids attended this school and had very good experiences. The teachers, staff, and PTA care about the school and the kids. Carpenter also has the lowest teacher to student ratio of any PISD middle school.

The teachers care so much! Everything they do is geared towards helping kids succeed. They know they have a negative image and are constantly working to correct it. I'm proud to support them!

This WAS an amazing school. I had two kids attend. When my oldest attended the school was well organized, the staff was amazing, the students were respectful for the most part. Now, it's just one big circus. They had to add security, which is a big red flag. The staff is horrible and has no control over the students, in fact, the staff acts like a bunch of kids. There is no authority whatsoever. The school is overcrowded. It's such a shame to see what the school has become. There are a few good teachers who still care enough to stay but most of the great ones have left.

Do NOT ever, and I mean EVER, send your child here. The kids are totally rude, the staff doesn't care less and they have all these rules that even they don't follow. The band program is terrible, Mr.Fabian the assistant band directer is completely rude to the kids, he discourages them and already 5 five people quit. The teachers don't do a good job at teaching, they give them a packet and say study and declare the test is next Tuesday. The food is terrible, the cheese tastes like plastic. The V.P is terrible too. If you love your child, don't send them here.

This school sucks. It has rude students who don't even pass the exams. It is very bad.

This school is great, my name's Karen Garcia and im a Senior now, i went to Carpenter Middle School in 7th and 8th grade! Great school, when i went there, i didnt even know how to say hi in english and thanks to my ESL teachers, im speaking english right now!! Thanks a lot to my ESL teacher!

This is an amazing school. That should be all I have to say, but many would like me to embellish a bit. The PACE program is astounding, no kidding. I've been in it since sixth grade, and never once have I found it boring or even so-so. It's challenging, no lie. The teacher is amazing :) no kiddding, she cares so much about her students, and she's an inspiration to me for her love of history and her students. If you have a kid who's in GT, go here. There's a ton of kids in PACE at Carpenter, and my 8th grade class is pretty much like a family :) love 'em. I'm on the basketball team, and although the coaching could use some work, there's npt much fighting inside the team, and we're all pretty good friends :) no problems there. There IS a bit of a problem with bullying, but believe me, that's at no fault of the teachers. Honestly, I think it's just the students who fuel it, the teachers try their hardest. There's a lot of extra curriculars, (Jazz Band, PALS, [Peer Assistance, Leadership, and Support] Whiz Quiz, Theatre, Speech Competitions, EVERYTHING.) hahaha, but seriously, this school offers everything, you WILL find something you like. :)

Outstanding staff and administration. Truly a family of caring and supportive parents, teachers and support staff. Both of my boys attended Carpenter, and had an amazing academic and social experience. Superb band program.

I am in 7th grade now, and hoping to be an eighth grader. I am sorry to say that Carpenter is not one of the best schools. There are too many "cliques" or "groups" that just get into trouble all the time, really, and many of them swear-- when i say swear, i mean SWEAR. I get very tired of it and I want it to stop. As I being prey in the bullying situation, I really think that we need better control over the student body. Many things are very wrong with this school, but we can make it better. Other than that, Carpenter does have an awesome Fine Arts Program. The teachers are great, the Principals are even better, and I love the coaches. The sports program is very vast, and many students take interest in this. I wish I could stop the fighting! Sincerely, A concerned student.

I AM A 7TH GRADER 2010 AND THIS WILL BE THE BEST SCHOOL TO GO TO AWSOME

Last modified Carpenter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.