Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted November 25, 2015
The entire staff at Christie is amazing. They all show how much they care for the kids in so many wonderful ways. They know almost every child by name and their parents too. The teachers and principals are so involved and have great school spirit. There are great tools and programs for the kids plus many opportunities for parental involvement. It's just an all around wonderful school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 25, 2015
Thank you Mr Steele for being a great leader and positive male role model. Thank you for leading our school in a new direction and helping keep everyone and everything positive and happy. I love Christie Elementary!

Posted July 30, 2015
My daughter just finished her first year at Christie and I was blown away! Before she started school we were hoping to move because of how the school was rated. We were not able to move before she started and are looking to move within the next couple of months. Because of our experience at Christie it is making moving VERY HARD. She wants to stay at Christie and I want her to, but it is limiting our area! Amazing the difference a year makes. Mr. Steele is amazing and so are the teachers. The front office staff knows who you are even if it is just to say "Oh, you are (Blanks) mom" The teachers at carpool start to recognize you and your kids. Every time I pull up they are involved in conversation with the kids even if they do not have them in class. My daughter is above average academically and we were worried that she wouldn't be challenged, but she was able to still receive one on one attention by the PACE teacher and her teacher in class. The school assemblies and events are fun and student and teacher involved. You can tell the teachers really enjoy what they do and enjoy interacting with the kids. I sometimes wish that this year had gone worse for us so that it would be a clear cut decision on where we go from here. But I honestly cannot think of a bad thing to say about this school. Thank you Mr. Steele and the amazing Kindergarten staff for an outstanding year! Looking forward to 1st grade!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 30, 2015
They are amazing! They go above and beyond the role of a teacher. The blogs/tweets/emails keep parents informed. The fact that my daughter thinks her K teacher is her BFF and is determined to get her again in 2nd grade should say enough.

Posted April 16, 2015
Love the Positive atmosphere!! I am a Grandparent, I admire that the front desk knows who I am when I call or drop in for lunch, etc. The teachers are awesome. They keep comunication lines open each day. We always feel informed about our school, love that Mr.Steel our (principle) calls our home to keep us up on meetings, events, and news. He and (vice principle) DeCole Kelly even greets students on the curb each morning before class begins. The lunchroom is always clean and has many food choices for the students, as separate dining area is available for vistitors/students. Christie just may be "Plano's Best Kept Secret" !

Posted April 04, 2015
I love this school! The new principal Mr. Steele is making so many awesome changes! The teachers are very dedicated and provide many fun learning opportunities for our kids! LOVE LOVE LOVE this school!

Posted February 02, 2015
Christie is an excellent school. Of the 4 PISD schools my children attend, it is the most family friendly (ie. I've been able to volunteer with a preschooler at my side). Other positive points include: *Diversity: My children are learning to work with and value people from different cultures and socio-economic groups. *Teacher Quality: Christie has dedicated, amazing teachers who challenge the children to be the best they can be. *PACE Program: My 5 students who have attended or are currently attending Christie have all participated in the gifted program. It is a highlight of their education. *School/PTA Work Together: The school and PTA work together for the benefit of the students. One outcome of this is the new Learning Commons. This is hands-on learning at its best.

Posted September 16, 2014
We have all 3 kids at Christie for 3 yrs now and we love the school. Our kids love going to school each day. The teachers and staff are friendly and caring. We look forward to seeing the wonderful changes coming to Christie. We know our kids will be excited to experience the new program Learning Commons. The principal Mr. Steele and his staff of awesome teachers are truly dedicated to making sure every child at Christie succeeds. Please don't let the outdated reviews scare you. Give your child the best learning experience here at Christie Elementary....you will be very impressed!

Posted September 13, 2014
I can't say enough good thigs about Christie. This is my son's third year here, and our family is very pleased. Members of staff whome I've been in contact with are very caring, and I'm very impressed wit the principal's vision (he was assistant principal for the past two years). There is an emphasis on hands-on learning and on the kids themselves, not just test scores. Mr. Steele is very involved and energetic, and his enthusiasm is contagious. My husband and I are very fortunate to be pretty involved, and the PTA is trying to increase parental involvement.

Posted September 12, 2014
These reviews are very outdated. We've been at Christie for 3 years and I can't say I understand why anyone would want to transfer out. I've been impressed with the positive attitudes of every single teacher and staff member I've come in contact with. The man who's been our assistant principle, is now the new principle this year. He is very open and transparent with the parents. Every teacher has a blog so the parents can know what their kids have been working on in class. Some will say, "but it's a Title 1 school..." and imply that our kids will be at a learning disadvantage because of that. However, BECAUSE we are Title 1 we are able to have more specialists, and more funding for programs that other schools don't get. One of the most awesome examples of this is the new "Learning Commons" in our library which has all sorts of robotics, engineering, drama, and technology-rich problem solving collaborative spaces for more hands on learning opportunities. We are the first school in PISD to have this kind of enrichment space and everyone is super excited about it! If you are moving into the area, come visit the school before you make your decision.

3801 Rainier Road, Plano, TX  75023
Last modified Christie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.