Plano, TX

Posted April 16, 2015
Love the Positive atmosphere!! I am a Grandparent, I admire that the front desk knows who I am when I call or drop in for lunch, etc. The teachers are awesome. They keep comunication lines open each day. We always feel informed about our school, love that Mr.Steel our (principle) calls our home to keep us up on meetings, events, and news. He and (vice principle) DeCole Kelly even greets students on the curb each morning before class begins. The lunchroom is always clean and has many food choices for the students, as separate dining area is available for vistitors/students. Christie just may be "Plano's Best Kept Secret" !

Posted April 04, 2015
I love this school! The new principal Mr. Steele is making so many awesome changes! The teachers are very dedicated and provide many fun learning opportunities for our kids! LOVE LOVE LOVE this school!

Posted February 02, 2015
Christie is an excellent school. Of the 4 PISD schools my children attend, it is the most family friendly (ie. I've been able to volunteer with a preschooler at my side). Other positive points include: *Diversity: My children are learning to work with and value people from different cultures and socio-economic groups. *Teacher Quality: Christie has dedicated, amazing teachers who challenge the children to be the best they can be. *PACE Program: My 5 students who have attended or are currently attending Christie have all participated in the gifted program. It is a highlight of their education. *School/PTA Work Together: The school and PTA work together for the benefit of the students. One outcome of this is the new Learning Commons. This is hands-on learning at its best.

Posted September 16, 2014
We have all 3 kids at Christie for 3 yrs now and we love the school. Our kids love going to school each day. The teachers and staff are friendly and caring. We look forward to seeing the wonderful changes coming to Christie. We know our kids will be excited to experience the new program Learning Commons. The principal Mr. Steele and his staff of awesome teachers are truly dedicated to making sure every child at Christie succeeds. Please don't let the outdated reviews scare you. Give your child the best learning experience here at Christie Elementary....you will be very impressed!
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 13, 2014
I can't say enough good thigs about Christie. This is my son's third year here, and our family is very pleased. Members of staff whome I've been in contact with are very caring, and I'm very impressed wit the principal's vision (he was assistant principal for the past two years). There is an emphasis on hands-on learning and on the kids themselves, not just test scores. Mr. Steele is very involved and energetic, and his enthusiasm is contagious. My husband and I are very fortunate to be pretty involved, and the PTA is trying to increase parental involvement.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 12, 2014
These reviews are very outdated. We've been at Christie for 3 years and I can't say I understand why anyone would want to transfer out. I've been impressed with the positive attitudes of every single teacher and staff member I've come in contact with. The man who's been our assistant principle, is now the new principle this year. He is very open and transparent with the parents. Every teacher has a blog so the parents can know what their kids have been working on in class. Some will say, "but it's a Title 1 school..." and imply that our kids will be at a learning disadvantage because of that. However, BECAUSE we are Title 1 we are able to have more specialists, and more funding for programs that other schools don't get. One of the most awesome examples of this is the new "Learning Commons" in our library which has all sorts of robotics, engineering, drama, and technology-rich problem solving collaborative spaces for more hands on learning opportunities. We are the first school in PISD to have this kind of enrichment space and everyone is super excited about it! If you are moving into the area, come visit the school before you make your decision.
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 01, 2013
My wife and I are actively engaged in our kids education, and we've found the staff and teachers at Christie to be exemplary. You can tell they really care, and my only complaint would be that they over communicate to the parents. I am grateful for our sons teacher, and the leadership at Christie.

Christie Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2012
The front office staff does no good being there. There is no organization, no service, and lack of consideration. I am very disappointed on how the morning front office is operated. Not only do they take a very long time to help you; they act very condensending and abrupt. On the good note, my son's teacher is WONDERFUL. The contrast of her excellent effect on my son is great! It's a shame that the office staff can not reflect the outstanding teachers.

Posted August 11, 2012
We are excited for the start of another school year. Last year the staff, along with PTA brought the Rachel's Challenge program to campus and it has made a huge diffference in compassion, acts of kindness, etc with all of the students and staff. I just was told by another parent that the campus met AYP for the 2011-2012 school year, which takes into consideration the state mandated testing and is part of "No child left behind". This is a great accomplishment. Looking forward to another school year.

Christie Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2011
I'm a Christie parent and involved with the PTA. I also volunteer at the school and I haven't seen any behavioral problems that aren't common to any elementary school. I do think the school is crowded and has a larger than average (for Plano) share of students with limited English or economically challenged backgrounds which strains academics and has caused the average test results to drop over the past couple of years. The gifted and talented program is practically non-existent - that's my biggest complaint. The PTA is one of the most involved I've worked with with lots of programs for the kids and parents.

Christie Elementary School
3801 Rainier Road, Plano, TX  75023
Last modified Christie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top