Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Awesome administration and teachers! Kids went here for 2 years and had an excellent experience. So refreshing to have a great school within walking distance to home! Go Christie Cubs!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Most important thing is reading every day and this school relays on that and not much else. It's wonderful!

The entire staff at Christie is amazing. They all show how much they care for the kids in so many wonderful ways. They know almost every child by name and their parents too. The teachers and principals are so involved and have great school spirit. There are great tools and programs for the kids plus many opportunities for parental involvement. It's just an all around wonderful school.

My daughter just finished her first year at Christie and I was blown away! Before she started school we were hoping to move because of how the school was rated. We were not able to move before she started and are looking to move within the next couple of months. Because of our experience at Christie it is making moving VERY HARD. She wants to stay at Christie and I want her to, but it is limiting our area! Amazing the difference a year makes. Mr. Steele is amazing and so are the teachers. The front office staff knows who you are even if it is just to say "Oh, you are (Blanks) mom" The teachers at carpool start to recognize you and your kids. Every time I pull up they are involved in conversation with the kids even if they do not have them in class. My daughter is above average academically and we were worried that she wouldn't be challenged, but she was able to still receive one on one attention by the PACE teacher and her teacher in class. The school assemblies and events are fun and student and teacher involved. You can tell the teachers really enjoy what they do and enjoy interacting with the kids. I sometimes wish that this year had gone worse for us so that it would be a clear cut decision on where we go from here. But I honestly cannot think of a bad thing to say about this school. Thank you Mr. Steele and the amazing Kindergarten staff for an outstanding year! Looking forward to 1st grade!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are amazing! They go above and beyond the role of a teacher. The blogs/tweets/emails keep parents informed. The fact that my daughter thinks her K teacher is her BFF and is determined to get her again in 2nd grade should say enough.

Love the Positive atmosphere!! I am a Grandparent, I admire that the front desk knows who I am when I call or drop in for lunch, etc. The teachers are awesome. They keep comunication lines open each day. We always feel informed about our school, love that Mr.Steel our (principle) calls our home to keep us up on meetings, events, and news. He and (vice principle) DeCole Kelly even greets students on the curb each morning before class begins. The lunchroom is always clean and has many food choices for the students, as separate dining area is available for vistitors/students. Christie just may be "Plano's Best Kept Secret" !

I love this school! The new principal Mr. Steele is making so many awesome changes! The teachers are very dedicated and provide many fun learning opportunities for our kids! LOVE LOVE LOVE this school!

Christie is an excellent school. Of the 4 PISD schools my children attend, it is the most family friendly (ie. I've been able to volunteer with a preschooler at my side). Other positive points include: *Diversity: My children are learning to work with and value people from different cultures and socio-economic groups. *Teacher Quality: Christie has dedicated, amazing teachers who challenge the children to be the best they can be. *PACE Program: My 5 students who have attended or are currently attending Christie have all participated in the gifted program. It is a highlight of their education. *School/PTA Work Together: The school and PTA work together for the benefit of the students. One outcome of this is the new Learning Commons. This is hands-on learning at its best.

We have all 3 kids at Christie for 3 yrs now and we love the school. Our kids love going to school each day. The teachers and staff are friendly and caring. We look forward to seeing the wonderful changes coming to Christie. We know our kids will be excited to experience the new program Learning Commons. The principal Mr. Steele and his staff of awesome teachers are truly dedicated to making sure every child at Christie succeeds. Please don't let the outdated reviews scare you. Give your child the best learning experience here at Christie Elementary....you will be very impressed!

Last modified Christie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.