Bad
Good

Harrington is a great school. We recently moved from New York and our experience in this school is amazing.

I totally agree with the post on August 9, 2014. This is a great school. My kindergarten daughter loves her teachers and is always happy and excited to go to school everyday.

Harrington is an outstanding school with very small classes for a public school which is a rare find. Students get plenty of individualized instruction. When children need extra help, they receive tutoring several days a week at no cost to the parent. This school provides as much help outside of school hours as a child needs to succeed which speaks for itself. The academics are great because Harrington is in Plano ISD which has a rigorous curriculum, and most of the teachers deliver the curriculum with enthusiasm and skill. From my interactions with the principal, I believe she is very experienced and has created a learning environment where students excel. As for the parent who commented about a focus on test scores, I feel the increased demands placed on schools comes from outside, not from the teachers or administrators themselves. The staff at any public school has little choice in the material they cover. If you feel the emphasis is on testing as many do, pay attention to your choices when voting! If you have any doubts about choosing Harrington, go take a tour. It is charming and inviting. You'll love it.

My children have been attending since kindergarten and will soon leave the school. It was wonderful in the beginning but the leadership at the school has been lacking for the last couple of years. While it used to be a good school for children that needed extra help (ADD, autistic, etc) it seems to have forgotten about them and now only focuses on test scores. Tutoring only happens up until the STAAR test and then stops. The last month of school is a free for all. 4th and 5th graders have little home work and it shows. Some good teachers remain but there are a number of teachers who should not be teaching. And now we have expensive houses going up across the street. I'm sure that will make things even MORE test based. Rules are made for our school that no other school in the district follows all in the name of order and discipline. It sucks the life out of the school.

Both of my children have attended Harrington since kindergarten (2005), and during this time, we have watched a steady decline. The staff have become disorganized and no longer put the children first. The mood is one that is tense and unpleasant. This seems to come directly from the leadership within the school. Some of the teachers are excellent and work very hard for the children, but sadly they are stuck with less then adequate co-workers and leadership. One by one, they keep leaving. Our daughter has two years of elementary left... we will be transferring this year.

My family and I moved to Texas a year ago. We have three children and I was looking for a school that I felt my children would feel comfortable and was challenged. I have to say that I was so impressed with Harrington. The teachers are great and I enjoyed going to all the different activities that it had for the kids. My children enjoyed going to school and I know that it had to do with the teachers and staff that made them feel so welcomed. It's like a big family! I would recommend Harrington to any parent that was looking for a school that was dedicated to children and had a low teacher/child ratio. It's a great school!

Our children have been attending Harrington Elementary for 6 years. We have been completely happy with our children's educational experience. The faculty continuously challenges and motivates as well as shows a positive attitude. We look forward to many more years at Harrington with our younger children.

We moved from Oklahoma city on spring break, where my 6 and 7 year old went to Schwartz Elementary, the #1 elementary school in Oklahoma. I thought they would be alittle behind since Plano is so advanced. After starting my children in school I soon relized how much more they do in Plano schools. There teachers were so helpful and pateint, even though it was testing time for the school, they went out of their way to try to get my children as up to date with everything they should know with out making them to over welmed. I was so impressed with the individual care through all the end of the year caoz they were going through. The nurse went the extra mile as well. I was very impressed by the whole staff.

Last modified Harrington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.