Bad
Good

There is no way this school is a 5 out of 10! My daughter moved to this school from Wichita, Kansas, and you can absolutely tell the difference between this school and her previous school! The teachers, administrative staff, and school district really love the children, and take great pride in PISD's accomplishments. Previous teacher at the other school saw my daughter as hyper-active and annoying. Jackson Elementary sees my daughter for who she really is... a straight A, advanced child, testing at a 2nd grade level in Kindergarten. The other school knew she was testing at 2nd grade level at the beginning of the year, and treated her as a trouble maker. Jackson sees her as a sweet and happy child, who loves to learn, and helps others. Seeing past the surface level, is VERY important as all children have talent somewhere be it art, math, reading, sports etc. My daughter was so sad at her old school, and she's with the exact same type of kids, and yet is doing MUCH BETTER, because the schools has a healthier perspective on teaching :D

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Compared to my daughter's previous teacher, these teachers truly love their children, love teaching, have amazing school pride, and appear to genuinely just love everything about their job :)

Amount of homework: Agree

They give the children a lot of homework. However, this teaches them responsibility, from early on. Their after school program runs from 2:45 to 6:30, and they actually help them with their homework, as well as get to do extra activities such as soccer, theater, art etc. So if you dread helping your child with homework, work late, or want them in extra curricular activities, to meet other children, then PASAR (their after school program) should be worth every penny LOL

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school emphasis how to treat each other respectfully, and has a transparent approach. I feel the school treats the students fairly, and takes special time for the children to speak to the counselor about these exact topics (honesty, integrity, being a good friend, treating one another fairly etc) weekly.

I did a mistake by putting my son in this school and didn't care much because my son had private tutoring class. I felt teacher was not good in 5th grade so transferred to other school.

We have had a tremendous experience at Jackson Elementary. Both of my children started there in kindergarten and they are getting an excellent education. The teachers are friendly and really enjoy being with kids. They do a good job of working with different learning styles instead of relying on a one-size-fits all approach. Though it's a big school, it really does feel like a family and I feel good having my kids learn in such a safe, nurturing environment.

Jackson is a wonderful school. My daughter has loved her first three years and has been challenged and supported. The teachers are caring and receptive. We are excited for our second child to begin attending Jackson this year and look forward to many more fantastic years.

Jackson is an amazing school. My 2 kids have been there since Kindergarten and the teachers and administration have made our experience really great. The principal always says "hi" and welcomes me in. The school has a real family feeling.

Jackson Elementary is an amazing school lead by a great Principle. I have been here as a parent for 11 years. THis is my last year with a child year and it will bittersweet.

A dedicated staff of caring people. I have had a great time there. I have enjoyed working with them to educate my daughter.

Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.