Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 10, 2015
School Leader, Teacher, Staff. I see the dedication they provide the students. I have no complaints about them, all good.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 10, 2015
Kids are like Sponges, they absorb so much. Getting the the children to learn and focus with homework practice helps build the knowledge they need for later grades.

Memorial Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2015
My Daughter has gone to the school since 2012. The teachers and staff ARE VERY HELPFUL. If I ever had a problem, the communication was there. The teachers encouraged the students to excel. Over the past 3 yrs+ I have seen some major improvement to the school for the children. They have so many opportunities for the parents to get involved and help the kids learn. I have no complaints. I do know what one child experiences is not the same for all the rest of the children. My child's experience has been wonderful so far.

Posted September 08, 2015
This is school is horrible and I would not recommend it to any parent I EVER came into contact with. Communication with staff is terrible, as they treat parents who like to be involved as a nuisance. I was made aware of a room deemed the "bad room" in which the Principal and members of the child SWAT/CORE team threaten students with. This school hindered the learning of my child for the short period of time in which he attended. The Principal handles this school as though it is a high security daycare in which learning is not the primary focus. My son's behavior changed, as he would cry everyday before I dropped him off. When picking him up he was very timid which was the complete opposite of his normal behavior. Once I informed him that he was transferring out of the school, it was as if he instantly felt better. I have also notified the Texas Board of Education and they advised that an investigation would take place. Should you decide to send your student here, please be aware that if you are a parent that values the education of your child(children), it will definitely be a challenge.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 27, 2015
Memorial is a school to emulate. The principal and teachers truly empower students to learn. The students are exposed to real life problem solving and stem design challenges. They are 21st century learners.

Posted June 27, 2013
Test scores were SAD!! My 5th grader was not challenged at all this year.Basically its a glorified daycare. Last 2 months she was babysat by various subs and staff and watched movies...seriously. I brought the issue of her teachers attendance to the Principal and as I predicted NOTHING happened .She stated she was unaware. Really?? Her teacher(from the beg of the yr) Showed up maybe 2-4 days a week and at the end of the year took a month off. Communication with staff (all Staff) is poor. usually if u called the district u would get a call back. For my 4th grader all was wonderful her teacher ( a new teacher that year) was amazing .Art teacher also amazing . If these 2 ladies could be cloned and run this school Memorial would be a totally diff place!

Memorial Elementary School 2

Posted October 11, 2012
This school was a horrible place for my girls. I pulled them because my 4th grader was slapped in class by another student and continuously bullied. My children were not challenged academically here and in one year we had 4 seprate teachers as one quit after 6 weeks of school, a sub for 6 weeks, a replacement teacher who was put on medical leave and again a sub. The teachers I liked, but the administration was lacking. Also the students were horriblly mean and out of control, discipline problems were rampant. They failed to meet state minimums for the last two years. I would not send my child there for anything.

Posted January 13, 2012
Was a great school a couple years ago. The new principal Sarika Pride is the worst principal I have ever dealt with. Many of the teachers at her own school have no respect for her. She is selfish. phony and does not care about the children. I would seriously consider speaking with other parents before enrolling your child in this school, as there are many parents who feel the same way.

Memorial Elementary School 5

Posted November 05, 2008
Memorial is one of the best schools. They went above and beyond to help both of my special needs children. Being a military family, I hate for them to leave such a wonderful learning enironment so soon. It will be hard to find another school that compares.

Memorial Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2007
My son goes to this school and he loves it. The teachers are good and he is learning wonderfully.

2200 Laurel Lane, Plano, TX  75074
Last modified Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top