Posted October 13, 2014
My 3 kids graduated from Plano. We came from Arlington at one of its best schools. Plano system was initially a tough adjustment. Over time, my kids scored above 2200 on SAT and scored well in their AP saving us college credits. The system works if you want your kid to be academically competitive. 30+ AP courses is exceptional. It has multiple band and orchestra levels giving a child interested in music a chance to learn. Great extracurriculars and amazing teachers with the right amount of devotion to athletics. I owe a lot to Plano.

Plano Senior High School 2

Posted February 18, 2014
I feel the need to let others know the things that my daughter has been exposed to in this school. She has been exposed to bullying and segregation(not racial) in this school that is "overlooked" by a couple of the teachers. They seem to ignore things that are said and done to "lower classmen' byt the seniors in some of their extra curricular activities. I understand the normal teasing by upper classmen but being trated as less than human beings is not acceptable. They do not promote "teamwork" and the response from the principal was slow and the teachers were VERY defensive when asked about this. I would not recommend the extra currricular teams at this school-excluding the sports teams. I have no idea about the sports teams are managed.

Posted May 31, 2013
Best north dallas high school ever!! Strong academics, great teachers, very balanced student life, heavy but healthy academic competitions, wonderful programs and clubs. My two kids went to this school and both went to prestige colleges, greatly attributed to the inspiring teachers!! Five stars!

Posted July 03, 2012
I have 2 kids who graduated from Plano Senior High. We came from Arlington, TX and initially the kids struggled in Elementary. After only one year, my kids caught up and upon graduation from the fine schools of Plano, one was a national merit finalist, the second national commended and my third who is graduating next year will be national merit commended also. You can get as much out of the schools that you put into it. Most impressive to me was how often they tested the kids to ensure they have the right curriculum and the kids are doing above average. I cannot thank this school enough for the fine education that has prepared them for college. My 2 daughters have pursued science degrees in preparation for med school or research and my son will be going into engineering. This school had strong math/science emphasis in high school and outstading focus on the arts and reading and music in elementary and middle school. Plano only does remarkably well in sports and academic competitions. It's hard to believe it is a public school. No bullying issues for strong academic students; in fact it is admired there. Thank you PISD!

Posted December 30, 2011
I have put 6 kids through Plano Sr. They have high expectations and foster a high sense of healthy competition for good grades. The kids enjoyed their time there, and the sense of school spirit is extremely high.

Posted September 25, 2011
Our daughter attended here until we moved in the summer. We loved how the school prepared the students for college life and treated them with respect. The freedoms allowed here are truly missed by our daughter. We moved to Frisco unknowingling that it was serviced by Little Elm High School and this school is so behind. It is her senior year and they are doing things that she learned in 10th and 11th grade in Plano. The LEHS scoffed at PSHS and now they are trying to make their curriculum more like Plano. Ha! We've been fighting to get the same rights as we had at Plano Senior for our daughter. The counselors, principal and staff at PSHS were great...some of the students need a realtity check, but overall PSHS is a good school. Thankgoodness our daughter was educated in PSHS from Kindergarten to her Junior year otherwise she'd be in trouble. PSHS keep up the good work. If it wasn't so far our daughter would drive there every day, the offer was a great one, but 40 minutes was too much. PSHS keep educationg those students ....Good Job! Great school, great diversity.

Posted February 24, 2010
As an alumini from Plano Senior high, I have the most right to give it ratings accordingly. I was never a school spirited person, but there is something about this school that made you care no matter what. The teachers that cared so much was probably one of the main reasons. The school spirit in this school was always very high as well. Even though I always said I didnt care if we won or lost the football games and I never attened the pep-rallies because they were the excuse for me to sleep in that day, I still cried when we lost our last football game. There was a part of me that made me want to be proud of graduate from this school, and I was, I still am; and now, my last semester of college and I'm still wearing my class ring and class crest aroung my neck.

Posted October 03, 2009
Teachers are dedicated and school gave both my sons a terrific head start to succeeding in college.

Posted November 07, 2008
Our daughter graduated from PSHS 2 years ago. She finished HS with 1.5 years of college credit due to AP classes and summer college work. PSHS has stellar instructors. Her physics teacher at PSHS had his PhD. Her other teachers all seemed to have at least a masters degree. Our daughter was very sick for 4 months her senior year. We were able to change her schedule and classes mid-semester. We felt support and encouragement from everyone we dealt with. Whether your child's needs are Special Ed, Artistic, or Advanced Studies, their needs will be met at PSHS.

Posted July 08, 2008
hi everyone! I went to Plano Senior High School and graduated just this year. Class of 2008! Plano was a great experience for me. A great school academically, artistically, athletically, and musically!

Plano Senior High School
2200 Independence Pkwy, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified Plano Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plano Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top