Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 16, 2016
Thank you Mr. Arend for running a great school, which cares about their kids! Just keep going!

Posted August 16, 2016
Sigler has been a great school for our kids to grow and learn. I've been amazed at how much my kids have learned and enjoy school. There hasn't been any negative events (no bullying) and the teachers have been excellent and caring. We love Sigler!

Posted June 25, 2015
After our second year at Sigler, we couldn't be happier. Staff is friendly and open to new ideas, willing to help with any issues that may arise, and work long hours to provide family activities after school hours. With the new construction north of 15th Street, the coming years should bring more great families to Sigler. Our neighborhood, Pitman Creek North, has allowed us to meet some great Sigler families, many who are active in the PTA. Sigler has a diverse population, ethnically, economically, and otherwise. Some parents are misinformed about the Spanish language classes provided to students for whom English is a second language. My English speaking child has not been taught in Spanish.

Sigler Elementary School 3

Posted May 13, 2014
It is a good school. Lots of good people who work hard and love the kids.

Posted May 09, 2014
Sigler is GREAT! My experience at Sigler has been wonderful. I have never had a principal who knew every single kid in the school and talked to his teachers on a daily basis. We are required to give our absolute best and feel free to do what we think is best for our children. I feel blessed to have a cohesive team that supports each other and shares new ideas to help meet every child's needs. I have never worked at such a successful elementary school as Sigler and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. GOOOOO Sigler STARS! At every school you will always have those teachers that have been teaching for many years and are stuck in their old ways. Instead of learning new methods that will benefit our children, they will complain and refuse to try anything new. Research and data are our constant guides to build success in our teaching. Teachers who have time to be negative and focus on "bad moral" need to spend more time working towards their students' goals.

Posted March 28, 2011
This school is awesome. My kids don't want to leave, and I sometimes consider relocating. The staff here assist you in every way possible.

Posted August 08, 2009
Sigler is exemplary!!! Our family has always known that Sigler was an 'exemplary' school based on the dedication of the staff to loving our children and building young leaders. It's great to see that everyone will now know that Sigler is truely a tea rated exemplary school! We are excited to see the brand new building which will bring our neighborhood back to life. I highly advise anyone to stop by and see what Sigler is all about, you will fall in love with the charm and committment that flow from the school.

Posted June 17, 2009
There is a saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder.. This was definitely true in the case of Sigler. My child was a student at Sigler for two years when we moved to a more affluent neighborhood. We attended the shiny, new school for less than a semester before transfering back to Sigler. Friends were surprised. We left a school with an active, wealthy PTA and students who looked just like my child to return to the humble, very diverse campus of Sigler. The staff is everything here. They are dedicated, committed, and caring. I feel comforted to know that each day my child will be nurtured and led to personal success. Thank you, Sigler, for being our extended family!

Posted April 16, 2009
Silger is the 'best little secret in Plano.' The staff is simply amazing! You will not find another school that is more dedictaed to every chid as an individual. The amount of leadership, character and the quality of education your child receives can not be topped by any other Plano school Sigler is our third school to attend and has by far surpassed them all. The warm feeling begins when you walk through the front doors ands continues throughout the building. The teachers create an environment that makes parents and children feel valued and appreciated. We are sad to see the old building go, but are looking forward to our new 'Sigler'home!

Posted February 10, 2009
This was the first Texas school that my son attended. The entire time he was there everything was wonderful. He was a little behind because Louisiana schools are very different on a learning scale compared to Texas. Even though his teacher & others helped him so much that he caught up within a month. They are always having some sort of fund raiser, out door activity, class parties, parent involvement & always get back to you ASAP on anything that you leave a message about or have any issues with. I'm very pleased with the time that my child spent at this school. Even myself, I miss the field trips & Field Day. I would recommend this school. Wonderful staff & teachers.

1400 Janwood Drive, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified Sigler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.