Plano, TX

Posted August 23, 2014
Thomas Elementary School is the best school in Plano. Because the teachers are nice. It does not matter if it is 6 out of 10 it is the best school.

Thomas Elementary School 1

Posted February 18, 2014
Thomas Elementary school is probably the worst school in Plano. The principal Lynn Swanson is never there. My daughter was bullied for over a year and the school did nothing about it. I even went to the superintendent and nothing was done. It turns out that if the bully's mom is a teacher at the school then your child was not bullied.

Posted March 07, 2013
This is a magnifcent school,in fact, i used to go there! I miss my teacher Mrs.English she was awesome i wanna get in touch with her badly

Posted February 01, 2011
Thomas is an excellent school. All the teachers I have met in the six years that my children spent there cared about the students. I may disagree with the principal once in a while, but she does keep a well-run school. The school has expanded the number of student clubs in the past few years.

Posted January 01, 2011
Thomas is a school full of teachers who truly care about the students and their families. We provided Christmas for close to 20 families at our school each year I have been there. Teachers spend unmeasurable hours before and after school helping our kids be the best they can be. We do not live in PISD but I choose to take my child to Thomas because it is so great.

Thomas Elementary School

Posted May 11, 2010
My daughters' first and second year at Thomas Elementary was great, the third year it was like a completely different school. My daughter even had a teacher that would try to provoke her; she constantly excluded her from classroom games, by always giving every student in the class a partner except my daughter. She has 3 more weeks at Thomas and I can't wait until it's over. I'm moving her next year to a different school. Thomas has been more problems than I could handle. I'm at risk of losing my employment if I leave my daughter at this school.

Thomas Elementary School 4

Posted January 20, 2006
I think this school was a wonderful school for my son. It had a great sense of community and pride. And the staff and teachers are great.

Thomas Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2006
We were very disappointed in our short experience with Thomas Elementary. Their security measures provide more inconvenience than deterrent to those who might harm the children. The first teacher we dealt with seemed aweare the school's many shortcomings, and cared very much for the children. She bent over backward to help. They downsized her. The next teacher we got was abominable. Her grammar was deplorable, her spelling was worse, and her attitude toward the children was shocking. Our child is still recovering after 2 months away from Thomas. We may have to move back to that area in the future, but will take pains to avoid that school at all costs. I deeply wish we had not bought a house so close by. Thomas takes no responsibility for the conduct of their students off school grounds, and the kids know it. Vandalism, bullying, and petty crime are absolutely rife outside of school hours.

Posted April 03, 2005
Thomas Elementary generally provided a positive environment for my children. The teachers love the students and welcome parent involvement. The program for building up character traits in the students (kindness, responsibility, etc.) is quite successful and encourages each child to become a self-manager. The PACE (gifted) program runs well and offers the students extra challenges/opportunities. We love Thomas!

Thomas Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2004
The teachers at the school truly care about students! After school clubs provide students with varying interests to enrich their school day.

Thomas Elementary School
1800 Montana Trail, Plano, TX  75023
Last modified Thomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top