Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most of the teachers I know at Thomas are kind, enthusiastic, and love teaching these kids.

My kids have had wonderful teachers at Thomas each year (we've been there 6 years total). I can't speak highly enough about the staff there. I especially appreciate how they make an effort to teach to each child's level. My kids have felt respected and cared for. I also see a culture of kindness & acceptance in how the kids treat each other at Thomas. My kids have witnessed very little bullying - it may happen, but generally it's just "not done". Good positive reinforcement with the self manager program - huge motivation for my own kids, and I like the fact that each child is placed in charge of their own reward system, and not compared to other kids.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The self-manager program hits on all of these topics listed. It is a great motivator for many students.

This is our first year at the school and we are enjoying it. Our child is learning and that is most important. We do not have an issue with bullying, but I'm sure it's bound to come as our child gets older. It happens everywhere these days. The only reason I am not rating 5 stars is because the communication from the admin staff could be better. At times, we receive information about something taking place after it has already past. We rarely hear about the assemblies and often don't know our child is getting an award until they come home. That piece is frustrating, but overall it's a good learning environment.

Thomas Elementary School is the best school in Plano. Because the teachers are nice. It does not matter if it is 6 out of 10 it is the best school.

Thomas Elementary school is probably the worst school in Plano. The principal Lynn Swanson is never there. My daughter was bullied for over a year and the school did nothing about it. I even went to the superintendent and nothing was done. It turns out that if the bully's mom is a teacher at the school then your child was not bullied.

This is a magnifcent school,in fact, i used to go there! I miss my teacher Mrs.English she was awesome i wanna get in touch with her badly

Thomas is an excellent school. All the teachers I have met in the six years that my children spent there cared about the students. I may disagree with the principal once in a while, but she does keep a well-run school. The school has expanded the number of student clubs in the past few years.

Thomas is a school full of teachers who truly care about the students and their families. We provided Christmas for close to 20 families at our school each year I have been there. Teachers spend unmeasurable hours before and after school helping our kids be the best they can be. We do not live in PISD but I choose to take my child to Thomas because it is so great.

My daughters' first and second year at Thomas Elementary was great, the third year it was like a completely different school. My daughter even had a teacher that would try to provoke her; she constantly excluded her from classroom games, by always giving every student in the class a partner except my daughter. She has 3 more weeks at Thomas and I can't wait until it's over. I'm moving her next year to a different school. Thomas has been more problems than I could handle. I'm at risk of losing my employment if I leave my daughter at this school.

Last modified Thomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.