Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted November 20, 2015
Respect is thought home and used in school not the other way around any different expectation is misguiding and sets unrealistic expectations

Posted November 20, 2015
its a school, it is meant to provide guidance not correction facility or compensate for lack of home education/ parent involvement. Teachers do their work they provide the correct guidance and they assist kids that want to learn. I read all the 2 stars and lower reviews and are misdirecting, you don't go to school to get brain surgery or be forcefully integrated where you don't belong, you go to school to ADD to your knowledge that entails effort on your side and the right amount of information provided by school (homework and guidance). I am not really sure if some people actually understand what school is and what the outcome should be,nonetheless, unless there are xenophobe issues (and there are not) there are no issues as long as teachers are delivering knowledge. Not all kids are the same and not everyone must become a scientist. Keep it real!

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 05, 2015
This school didn't really explain how we should treat each other especially when the faculty doesn't know how to solve other people's issues like fighting, social issues (snobbish), and education.

Vines High School 2

Posted November 05, 2015
The teachers at that high school need to make sure that the kids cover their material better, and the teachers need to care more about a child being successful, for example, if a child actually wants to raise up a grade or get better at something, the teachers can't rush themselves to do that, they have to actually care about what they are doing. The faculty there just doesn't know how to solve other people's problems including the counselors because one time I was out for six days because about the negative effects about Vines for the first two weeks of school, so the faculty didn't know how to solve that. I one time reported to my counselor about how the professional communications teacher was out for too long which there was a speech due the next day and the counselor did not even bother to solve that issue, and she looked very scary. I want to get a high rank at school since it's so simple, but seriously, the teachers still don't care about us covering the school material well! Also, this school is filled with either two or three police officers, and the students there are not the best either even though some can be great.

Vines High School 2

Posted December 18, 2013
I attend Vines high school. Although I've been here for the whole school year the people here just stick to their friends not allowing me nor some I know to become friends. Some kids have made nasty comments to me also (as though it wasn't hard enough to go to a school and not know anyone) They are very rude to the teachers and some times to me. The teachers are okay, some are great some are average. All in all I don't prefer this school and I wish to go to another.

Vines High School 4

Posted July 05, 2010
My daughter attended 9th&10th grades. She LOVED the band and had a great experience there. She took all advanced classes and did well, but I do feel that they over did it with the amount of homework that is expected. She would be up until the middle of the night sometimes doing homework. The only bad experience that stands out is that at the end of the year I was informed that my daughter had been allowed to check out a calculator, and she had lost it and now owed the school $100. There was never any permission form or notification sent home about this and I thought that it was handled inappropriately. But I informed the principle about this and suggested that it should perhaps be handled more appropriately - the response I received felt like a brush-off. They did allow me to purchase a used calc in replacement, though.

Vines High School 4

Posted August 24, 2009
My daughter attended Vines for both her freshman (2007-2008) and sophmore (2008-2009) year. She love it! I felt that she received a solid education. I found the teachers to be firm but caring, responsive and helpful when asked. The honors and PACE courses were good but tough. We had 2 years of positive experiences at Vines HS.

Posted August 23, 2009
Vines has been an excellent school for my freshman year and I'm expecting it to continue to be so for my sophomore year. The faculty is pretty good and the classes are well taught. :) Vines Vikings Evermore!!

Posted September 04, 2008
Im a student here at vines high schoo and i love it here. I feel like the faculty really does try to give us a learning enviorment and does great with conduct problems. Sadly, there is alot of homework and leaves me tired at night. I play on the Sophmore football team and the coaches are amazing. We just won against rockwall-heath 21-0. I give it a 5 out of 5

Posted September 04, 2008
I am a student here at Vines High School and I believe that the faculty here has made amazing improvements of sending problem causing kids to special programs. I like the enviorment here and its fun at the same time. Plus, our sophmore football team is the best we beat rockwall-heath 21-0

1401 Highedge Drive, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified Vines High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.