Vines High School 2

Posted December 18, 2013
I attend Vines high school. Although I've been here for the whole school year the people here just stick to their friends not allowing me nor some I know to become friends. Some kids have made nasty comments to me also (as though it wasn't hard enough to go to a school and not know anyone) They are very rude to the teachers and some times to me. The teachers are okay, some are great some are average. All in all I don't prefer this school and I wish to go to another.

Vines High School 4

Posted July 05, 2010
My daughter attended 9th&10th grades. She LOVED the band and had a great experience there. She took all advanced classes and did well, but I do feel that they over did it with the amount of homework that is expected. She would be up until the middle of the night sometimes doing homework. The only bad experience that stands out is that at the end of the year I was informed that my daughter had been allowed to check out a calculator, and she had lost it and now owed the school $100. There was never any permission form or notification sent home about this and I thought that it was handled inappropriately. But I informed the principle about this and suggested that it should perhaps be handled more appropriately - the response I received felt like a brush-off. They did allow me to purchase a used calc in replacement, though.

Posted May 11, 2010

Vines High School 4

Posted August 24, 2009
My daughter attended Vines for both her freshman (2007-2008) and sophmore (2008-2009) year. She love it! I felt that she received a solid education. I found the teachers to be firm but caring, responsive and helpful when asked. The honors and PACE courses were good but tough. We had 2 years of positive experiences at Vines HS.

Posted August 23, 2009
Vines has been an excellent school for my freshman year and I'm expecting it to continue to be so for my sophomore year. The faculty is pretty good and the classes are well taught. :) Vines Vikings Evermore!!

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted September 04, 2008
Im a student here at vines high schoo and i love it here. I feel like the faculty really does try to give us a learning enviorment and does great with conduct problems. Sadly, there is alot of homework and leaves me tired at night. I play on the Sophmore football team and the coaches are amazing. We just won against rockwall-heath 21-0. I give it a 5 out of 5

Posted September 04, 2008
I am a student here at Vines High School and I believe that the faculty here has made amazing improvements of sending problem causing kids to special programs. I like the enviorment here and its fun at the same time. Plus, our sophmore football team is the best we beat rockwall-heath 21-0

Vines High School 2

Posted August 03, 2008
The administrative staff at this school exhibited little control over problem causing students. This led to lack of control in the classrooms and disruption of the instruction process. More time was spent in the classrooms trying to control situations than in actual instruction which led to a poor learning environment. There was little interaction between teachers and parents and little or no response to complaints. I was forced to move my child to a private school due to the lack of control and response to complaints on the part of the principal and other administrative employees.

Vines High School 1

Posted April 14, 2008
This school is only focused on money and does not care about our education. Changes that should e made wont.

Vines High School
1401 Highedge Drive, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified Vines High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vines High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top