Plano, TX

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 28, 2015
I cannot just select one person to thank. My son has had so many positive people in his life at Wells. Every teacher he has had so far has helped him so much in his learning experience and character development. I have noticed a huge improvement in his reading and when he is talking because of his speech teacher. The nurse at Wells (Nurse Carol) has had several opportunities to help my son because of his breathing treatments when needed and she is awesome. The office staff and Principal Ramos are all fantastic! Like I said, you can't narrow it down to one person. The whole team helps to make everyone's experience at Wells a great one so to each one I say THANK YOU!!

Posted February 13, 2015
Wells elementary is a wonderful school with so many kind and motivated teachers and staff who go out of their way to encourage the children. The academics as well as the extra activities have been well balanced and there is no pressure on the children. We recently had the chance to meet the principal Ms. Ramos and she is a wonderful person very encouraging and supportive of the kids and very involved. We are honored to be associated with this school and with all the excellent teachers that my child has had the opportunity to learn from.

Posted April 29, 2014
The end of the year is almost upon us. And I very happy with this school. I have three kids here, at Wells, and all of them love their school so much. I want to thank to all the teachers of my kids Mrs. Ray, Mrs. Monk and Mrs. Walker, especially to ESL teacher Ms. Robin. They did such a great job this year. Thank you! Mrs. Ramos, the principal is very involved in process and make this school better. This school definitely worth 5 stars!

Wells Elementary School 3

Posted July 30, 2013
I was a 6 year student at wells and I have liked this school but there are lots of downsides. For one thing, we take WAY TO MANY TESTS. You may think I'm just saying this because I'm 12 but 2-4 tests a week is too much. the teachers also make us show our work for EVERYTHING. If we know how to do the algorithm for something, we still aren't allowed to use it. I think Wells has a main goal of all the students being on the same level but it is annoying to go over something 3-4 times in a year when we don't need it. Maybe the teachers could do a better job by sorting the kids into classes with people of the same level. It would be easier for both the teachers and the students. Wells however is REALLY GOOD at helping students catch up from missed work from absences. Even if someone is sick for 2 or 3 days, the teachers are kind and comforting and help them catch up very quickly. Their homework is at a moderate level but the nice thing is we usually have optional homework and are rewarded if we do it (Tiger Tickets). The teachers are very nice and friendly and everyone is always upset when one retires or moves. Overall, Wells is a wonderful place where everyone is equal. :)

Posted September 10, 2011
I have 2 kids my oldest kid was going in this school from kG till 4 th grade I love this school so much and after we moved from there and now he is going to another school my love and respect for this school is more increased and i miss it..They have such a nice teachers who r always ready to help you ...i wish i did,nt have to move from there ...

Posted September 28, 2010
We started 1st grade this year, and so far have been very pleased with the parent / PTA / teacher communications, the caring staff, prompt interactions with the principle & teachers. We had the choice of any school in Texas and thanks to other parent's reviews on great schools, we're very pleased with Wells! There are tons of things the kids can do through the school, like field trips, camp outs, school dances, movie Fridays... As far as academics, we're new to Texas schools, so they're working with my daughter to enjoy learning, work harder, and balance the easy things with the harder concepts.

Posted October 28, 2009
I have had two children at this school for a total of 8 years. I am so happy with the leadership and level of instruction received. The principal cares so much about the kids and will go to any lengths to listen to parents and students. I think the office staff knows every child's names and most of the parents. It feels like home!

Posted August 14, 2009
I love this school. I definitely refer this school to others. Teachers are amazing. They take enough care of my kid. Thanks Wells elementary teaching staff.

Wells Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2008
Wells Elementary is in a class all its own. The new principal seems knowledgable and caring toward the needs of the children, parents, and teachers. She seems genuinely interested in making a good thing even better! The office staff cannot be beat - they are the absolute best and they know every child in the school. For the most part, the teachers are above-average. As with every school, there are a few exceptions. The 'specials' teachers are all good! The parent and grandparent volunteers at Wells go above and beyond to make the school a success! Glad we moved here from Frisco!

Posted April 25, 2008
I doubt if there is a private school any better than Wells. My son has attended this school from 1st to 5th grades. Had some wonderful teachers with 1 or 2 exceptions but the rest are so outstanding they have made up for those 2 that were not-so-hot. Love the new principal. She has set a very high standard and expects it to be met. I like her style. Also, they have the greatest school secretary ever, greatest school nurse, greatest office manager and awesome PTA. They have always made my son feel loved and cherished. Wells has been a blessing to my son.

3427 Mission Ridge Road, Plano, TX  75023
Last modified Wells Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wells Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top