Plano, TX
Students enrolled: 1,087

Williams High School 5

Posted February 07, 2015
This is probably a biased opinion, because I am fascinated by 1960's architecture, especially in Plano, and I would hate to see something happen to a landmark such as Williams. That being said, I love this school to bits. The students have a sense of unity due to our bad reputation and our supposedly aesthetically unpleasant architecture. The teachers are dedicated, talented, wonderful people. Williams is like an ugly dog - those who don't know it are repulsed and don't want to go near it, but those who do love it all the more for its flaws.

Posted May 16, 2014
Williams has a reputation for being a "ghetto" school. Williams is the oldest High School in Plano giving it it's appearance like so, and also the area is not a new nor very nice or safe area. Those are two things not very pleasant about the school, However the Teachers and atmosphere is good at Williams. The teachers are excellent and there are good learning communities as all PISD Schools do have. There is a good mix of students in the school as well and since it is only 9th to 10th grade It is not overly populated. There is a good mix of students here as well. Ive been at Williams 2 years and will be moving on to Plano East. Honestly, All PISD High Schools will be almost the same. If you are thinking between Williams and Mcmillen, I would pick Williams based on my reference. It is a good school. Not to mention it has the PISD Health Sciences Academy and we have Teachers committed to you. It's only ugly on the outside, I promise!

Williams High School 5

Posted May 25, 2010
With small learning communities (small interdiscipinary teams) on campus and the unique role of the strategist (the special education teacher), our campus reaches the learning needs of all students on campus. Check out the most recent TAKS scores at the Texas Education Agency web site.

Posted March 28, 2010
Williams High School is an excellent school! My daughter has been exceptionally successful under the direction of many of the teachers. The weakest department in the school seems to be with the honors algebra classes. We took her out of the honors algebra 2 due to the lack of effective teaching. She has excelled in all other areas. The music programs in this school are outstanding. This school is known for their band program as they receive UIL rating of staight 1 year after year. The music program has even produced seveal all state members both in band and orchestra. I am sad due to the fact that my son will only attend this high school one year before have to attend the new high school due to attendance zones being changed. This is a wonderful school overall!

Williams High School 3

Posted May 23, 2008
Williams is jsut like any other high school in the nation. Like all, we do have tensions between students, but we also have extremely intelligent, dedicated, and gifted students. The teachers here are very nice and always seem to be eager to help. The one thing that I would like to see changed is the disciplinary procedures in order to stop fights. Also, it wouldn't hurt if the cockroach problem was fixed, but then again, all areas have some type of bug issues

Posted December 05, 2007
Teachers at Williams are awesome! They are firm, but fair and I'm confident they are committed to providing the best education possible to all the students. Thank you Williams!

Posted October 26, 2007
I am currently a student here at Williams (seriously). I must say, that if you are contemplating transferring your child to another, don't. Williams, though it can be a little rough, is a very diverse environment. The large saturation of various races is a wonderful environment for a teenager to learn to function in. The teachers can be strict, but what high school doesn't have those types of teachers? (I also think it's a sort of conditioning that they've learn from working at the school for so long...) We have numerous sports programs that are doing well (though some aren't in season right now) and the music programs are fantastic. Our band recently got straight 1 ratings at UIL Marching Competition and we found out that we have the top string bass player in Region 25! Williams is actually a wonderful school, so please, allow your child to attend.

Posted September 28, 2007
This is my son's second year at Williams. I think the majority of the teachers are sincerely interested in teaching the students. There are always a few that really don't care. I've encountered both types but I must say each time I've e-mailed teachers they have responded. Most respond the same day and I've e-mailed quite a few. There are a few clubs available to the kids but they could use many more. The parental involvement is also lacking. Fighting is a problem there as well. However in general I am pleased with my son's progress there and he did pass the TAKS without any problems.

Williams High School 2

Posted January 10, 2006
I have found a mixture of caring teachers and completely apathetic ones. It is virtually impossible to stay on top of things if your child is having any problems at allacademically or otherwise because the right hand is clueless about what the left hand is doing. The principal is trying and does care but progress is difficult with the lack of support from staff and PISD administration. We also removed our son but our daughter remains and is doing pretty well despite the daily distractions.

Posted October 06, 2005
Good school and teachers but has problems with daily fights between students.

1717 17th Street, Plano, TX  75074
Last modified Williams High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Williams High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top