Plano, TX

Posted May 21, 2015
My son is in 3rd grade and rounding out his 2nd year at Dooley. Unfortunately, we are transferring him to a school that is closer to our daughter's high school to make transportation easier for our family. My philosophy on schools is that the environment is a reflection of the leader. Dr. Laredo is an outstanding leader. As a mother who is fiercely protective of her children and highly critical of the education they receive, I don't give this compliment lightly. Dr. Laredo knows the children by name and he engages them regularly. When I first met Dr. Laredo during our initial tour of the school, he took extra care to engage my son throughout our visit even asking him to read some of the signs in the hallways and asking him to give his feedback. When my son expressed that he did not have a love for reading, Dr. Laredo said "well then we're going to have change that so that's something that we will work on when you get here!" On a snow day a few months ago as I sat in car pool, I watched Dr. Laredo greet a young student and immediately acknowledge her excitement about the snow. He then invited her into to make a snow angel with him and proceeded to lay flat on his back side by side with her to do just that. It's these types of displays that send positive messages to the children as well as the parents. My son in particular has frequently commented on how "great" he is with the students. To me, Dr. Laredo is that proper balance between being firm enough to lead and compassionate enough to inspire students, while simultaneously giving the parents the comfort we all need when placing our children's well being in someone else's hands. When we were faced with the stressfull task of getting my son accommodations for STAAR test and addressing a few other issues, Dr. Laredo listened carefully to our perspectives and responded accordingly. You simply cannot ask for more and it is our hope, as parents, that his tenure as princpal serves as a standard for PISD throughout. The Lane Family

Posted November 05, 2013
I love Dooley! I have three boys and they all went to Dooley and the oldest just started Junior high which I am not very fond of. I love the staff and love Dr. Laredo. He is one of the nicest people that I know and this world needs more people like him. My kids love all of their teachers and I cannot be happier

Posted September 30, 2013
I have two children at Dooley and we love our school! Their teachers have always been approachable and quickly respond to any question or concern I might have. The kids are put into a class with a teacher that matches their needs in school. At the end of the year they say "I had the best teacher!". The principal truly loves his job and puts the students first. He wants all of the kids to succeed and be good Dragons. Dooley is a small, close community of families who do a lot for the children, staff, and school.

Posted April 30, 2013
The Teachers are really on top of their game and really put 100% into the kids. Nice clean school with lots of parent involvement .

Posted August 10, 2012
The new principal is wonderful! The families are very caring and supportive of the students. it is a school in transition right now, but is a great place for my child to learn.

Posted February 01, 2011
This is my sons first year at Dooley and he is in Kindergarden. I love the easy access to the teacher. I can email her at any time and get a response back in a timely manner. I will send my last two children to Dooley once they go to school. I did not have any worries when sending my son off to school for the first time. I would definately recommend this school!

Dooley Elementary School

Posted February 24, 2010
We love Dooley! Our 4th starts in the fall and we've been very happy at this school. It's a small community that feels more like a family than a school. Admin and teachers are responsive and excellent.

Dooley Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2009
If your child is a typical student, Dooley would be a good school. My child has mild special needs and they do not seem to know how to handle it. To them, either he has special needs that render him non-functional (belonging in a special needs classroom) or he is able to be in a typical classroom, which is not the case. There is not much of a step in between the two. Teacher would rather send him to resource room than comply with behavior plan consistently.

Posted June 07, 2008
I've been nothing short of satisfied with my children's Dooley experience. There is a good level of communication, teacher involvement, and many amenities for students to take full advantage of the learning experience.

Posted August 08, 2006
We put our three children through Dooley and they all had wonderful experience. My teo oldest are now in all honor classes in high school and my youngest wh o will attend Armstrond this Fall is way ahead of her grade. Thanks Dooley for all you have done.

Dooley Elementary School
2425 San Gabriel Drive, Plano, TX  75074
Last modified Dooley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dooley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top