Plano, TX

Posted April 18, 2014
We love Huffman. My kids are taught by educators that care and have developed fantastic friendships!!!!

Posted April 18, 2014
Huffman has a wonderful staff and an energetic new principal. I've been at the school for over 5 years and have always been impressed by how well my children are doing both academically and socially. This is a great school with staff that listen and help you as a parent for each child. The size of the school has dramatically changed since we began. Thanks to the school board, we have less than 550 students. We have a great PTA with many fantastic after school programs and our new Principal has added Wordmasters Challenges and Math Olympiads as an after school program.

Huffman Elementary School 3

Posted May 03, 2013
Huffman has very good and very bad points. The school has a lot after-school activities for families to be brought together, which is a great asset. There is good communication between the Principal, teachers, and parents. The parents strive to keep a great PTA. The cons are that it became very overcrowded, due to the PISD districting. PISD addressed the overcrowding recently, but where PISD relieved the overcrowding, it also relieved the school of a rich multicultural school where kids could learn life skills from others. The No Child Left Behind Laws have not worked in favor of Huffman either. I would say look at the school before enrolling, it's not for everyone.

Posted May 16, 2011
Huffman is a fantastic school community. It is incredibly multicultural, multiethnic, multireligious and open to every type of student. We met with the principal prior to enrolling and he willingly took my daughter and I on a tour through the school, especially the kindergarten. Her Kindergarten teacher held a M.Ed. and was a terrific, encouraging educator. Her 1st grade teacher also held a M.Ed. and quickly recognized and recommended her for the "gifted" program, which Huffman excells at. Great after school activities (art, sports, tutoring etc) supports. They excell at parent-teacher communication, parent-principal communication, and PTA communication. Many community nights, festivals and School Spirit nights at local resaurants, that kick back proceeds to the school itself, for books and supplies! We have found a real gem of a school here at Huffman!

Huffman Elementary School

Posted March 09, 2010
Huffman is a wonderful school. The teachers are always open and willing to help the children in anyway needed. I am very impressed with the growth my son has accomplished at Huffman in only two years! I also love they that welcome and involve the parents within the school. Huffman is a school that goes above and beyond!

Posted September 17, 2009
I could not be more pleased about the quality of education and staff at Huffman Elementary! Mr. Steven's, the Principal has led the school to excellence - improving on key growth metrics each year and he is a tremendous role model who truly loves kids and encourages their progress. The teachers are excellent and have got my son excited about learning and keep him challenged. The only thing I'd like to see improved at the school is to have healthier food selections at lunch.

Posted April 26, 2009
We love Huffman! My daughter has been at Huffman for 4 years and my son will start in the '09-'10 school year. The teachers are fantastic and PTA is awesome!

Posted February 18, 2009
Huffman is an amazing school where the focus is on the growth of each individual child! The Principal is always available to meet with parents or parent groups and knows all of the children. The teachers do an incredible job of delivering instruction and differentiating the instruction for the children at different levels. I love the fact that the focus is on student growth and not TAKS driven!

Huffman Elementary School 2

Posted February 17, 2009
I have one child currently attending this school. It is nice school for the most part, not the most up to date as her other school and doesn t have the same programs that were helping her and made it convenient, but Huffman has adequate facilities and several of the staff are generally friendly towards parents. The quality of the instruction was wonderful last year. In addition, the school has higher test scores than some of the other surrounding counties. However from firsthand experience I have witnessed consistent impatience and screaming on many occasions in the lunch room, the hallways and outside. In addition, I felt my child s special attention needs were not met including more critical issues I had brought up where we needed extra help in academics and asked if I could sit with my child one on one to help improve the situation since teachers in general would need to disperse their attentions and I was told I could not. Personally I felt Huffman seemed more interested in Appearance and Image. I think there are parents and teachers who do a wonderful job. Unfortunately my child s needs have been overlooked.

Posted October 20, 2008
Huffman is a fabulous, positive learning environment for children. The teachers care about each and every student. Everyone who has children at Huffman agrees we cannot ask for anything better!

Huffman Elementary School
5510 Channel Isle Drive, Plano, TX  75093
(469) 752-1900
Last modified Huffman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huffman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top