Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My grandchildren as challenged on a day by day basis to think, ponder and solve in all types of areas and I see positive results from the efforts put in place by their teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is enough sent home to help them learn to be responsible as an outside the school "thinking" situation, but not so much that the students do not have time to participate in after school activities.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is an active program lead by the teachers and administrative staff to hold everyone accountable for the actions and interactions of the daily life at Carlisle

I have two grandchildren attending this school with one in second and one in first grade to give me first hand experience with the programs, educators, office staff, specialist, and administrative entities. In each case starting with the principal, Dr. Linda Patrick, to the office staff, Cindy and Paula, I can tell you there is an extra effort extended to one and all that is rarely seen in any working environment. I watched Dr. Patrick offer a cute but motivating reward to the student body and when they achieved the goal she was right there to show them her support. She had challenged them to meet a goal that would bring electronic into the school for their benefit and told them she would do the "chicken dance" in front of the weekly assembly if they met the challenge. They did and she did, but she did this with such a positive fun attitude and projected so much fun, that the whole student body was up with her. That takes a lot of courage as an adult to show that even the people in charge are capable of leading them into fun situations while doing a good turn for the school as well as for the student body. I have seen through my personal experience during my volunteer work this attitude is woven through out the rest of the educators involved with the students so my comment is a big thumbs up for Carlisle Elementary School in Plano, Tx.

We have been pleasantly surprised with the school. There are enrichment activities both during the school day and before/after school. My children are excited to attend, feel no test pressure and enjoy school. Both made great gains over the course of the last school year. This is very much a neighborhood school, with great involvement and engagement - without being over the top.

We love Carlisle! I have a great relationship with my son's 2nd grade teacher, the principal, and the Instructional Support Specialists! It takes an active parent to advocate for their child--parents have to be involved! As a member of the PTA, volunteering is one of the best ways I stay involved with the school. We are sad that it is time for my daughter to leave Carlisle--as she will be going on to Schimelpfenig next year--she has loved her time at Carlisle (K-5)!

At this point of the middle of the school year I am very disappointed in this school. All the hype of hearing how great this school is, I am very disappointed. I have had to put my child in an supplemental private program since I am not seeing any results from classroom learning. There is no communication between teacher and parent. The light at the end of the tunnel is we are moving within the next couple of years so I am hoping for a better school.

I have a very good experience with Carlisle The principal, teachers and all staff are ammazing

We have just moved here from Chicagoland area, and so far my kids are enjoying this school. The school setup is way different than Chiacgo area schools. More outdoor activities here. Teachers are paying individual attention and if any kid needs extra time, they are recommended for after school tuition at school. My two oldest are going to Carlisle and my third will join here next week. All the best so far !

MS.Patrick is soooo sweet and kind the children love her and she always has the time to talk with you if an issue arises. You wont find better than her as a principal. And so blessed was my daughter to have Ms.Brooks last year as her teacher ,what an angel she is you cant find a better teachet that is so very kind and takes the time to really lean about each child in her room and I was lucky enough to be room mom for her and let me say there wasn't one child that did not say how much they loved Ms.Brooks!! It was truly an amazing experience for me to witness such an amazing woman!!!And the office staff have always been the best!!!

Last modified Carlisle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.