Bad
Good

Great experience, couldn't be happier. My kids moved here from Barksdale Elementary and that's a hard act to follow as Barksdale is an extraordinarily awesome school.

My son is in the 1st grade here at Brinker, and I am extremely disappointed. We moved here in early 2013 and initially we got off to a good start. At the end of Kinder my son was reading at a above second grade level, and was above where he needed to be in math and writing. He was praised and being a good, smart kid. His Kinder teacher was wonderful! When 1st grade began, so did the problems. He immediately began having issues s with other students, and issues with his teacher..which has NEVER happened before. He had been labeled, and put into the bad student category. I agree with the previous comments regarding lack of parent-teacher communication. A decision was made to change my sons schedule with me or my husband being consulted first. Preference is given to specific children (The ones with PTA Moms, and Room Volunteers) and the remainder (the ones with working parents) of the kids are treated like throw aways. This will be our last year at Brinker.

Both of my children go here, my oldest is in 2nd now and youngest in K. I don't know what other parents are talking about w/ lack of parent/teacher communication because I get emails from their teachers before school starts, during, and after school is closed! These teachers (the 4 my children have had combined) have truly been amazing! The amount of work & attention they put into their job during hours and after hours has been very impressive to me! My oldest has been struggling with dyslexia (I did not know) and these teachers figured it out! He went from making 1/10 on spelling tests to now 10/10 WITH dyslexia. My youngest has asthma and his teacher has been VERY caring in watching over him all year and emailing me with updates on how he is feeling on days his asthma flares up. In my opinion my boys have had the BEST teachers and the BEST experiences here at Brinker and it's going to be hard for any other schools or teachers to top their performance when we have to move! My boys have loved every teacher they have had here and so have I!

We are new to the school this year and my son is in 1st grade. We have only been in school for 3 weeks, but I see area of improvement already. First of all, I agree with some of the other parents that complained about parent-teacher communication or lack there of. My son has been given a lot of homework for a first grader and seems to be struggling a bit with it. If he has a hard time at home, than he must be having a hard time in class as well. So far, it has yet to be observed... But granted we have only been in session for 3 weeks. Other than that I'm pretty pleased with the school (so far). I like that they recently added classes to go for less students per class. The teacher seems very nice, and my son is adjusting well. He's always happy when he learns new things, and meets new people. My only other concern is the openings in the doors. Why did Plano need to have their schools like that with classrooms not having any doors? I hope they overturn this decision and place doors in the classrooms in the foreseeable future. And does anybody here know if they will acquire smart boards in the future as well? Thank you

Very disappointed. Extremely poor communication between teacher and parent.After repeatedly reminding the teacher that I am not receiving emails from her the problem has still not been fixed.Preferential treatment.When my child complained of a headache the whole day was ignored by the teacher.Got a call in 15 minutes from the daycare after she reached saying she was running a high temperature.Prior to this school, my child attended CFB-ISD and the parent school communication,interaction was much higher than this place.Pity our tax dollars are getting so little return from this place for being in such an affluent neighborhood.

My son has loved this school for the last 3 years. Its a safe fun school good parent involvement

Our family moved to the Brinker area as a corporate transfer, and we chose our area quickly. We knew Brinker was a good school, but are constantly surprised by what a great school it is. The teachers are caring and communicative, our children are challenged, and we all feel safe and welcome. The classrooms themselves are a little crowded, but class size is about the same as most public schools in the USA and I have never felt that my children have been lost in the crowd. I am looking forward to having a bit more space after their renovations in Spring 2013. For what it is worth, the lunches are certainly above average.

I have been at Brinker for many years off and on. I currently have 3 children in 1st, 2nd and 4th grades. I have to say I am extremely pleased with this school year. All 3 of my teachers are quite communicative and I so appreciate it. They are all open to questions and concerns. My kids are thriving and I am very happy. Our PTA is wonderful and large and we will always need more involvement. We do have a lot of kids but we're figuring it out as a community.

I have been at Brinker for more than 2 years now, I currently have 2 children in 1st and 4th grades. I love this school, the teachers, the principal is really open for listening. Our PTA is wonderful, off course we will always need more involvement. We do have a lot of kids but we're figuring it out as a community. I'm very pleased by the curriculum my kids are receiving in here. All places have something to be improve but for sure Brinker es a great school.

Extremely disappointing!!!! My son started in second grade and has been there for 3 years now and the bullying started in second grade. I blame myself for the first year as I dismissed the name calling as "kids being kids" and just spoke to my son about it and informed him that he isn't the one with the issue and we should pray for the kids that don't know better. When he came home in 3rd grade with his spirit totally broken because a 5th grader had called him names, I had it. What made it worse, the school knew about it and had the kid write an apology note to my son, but did not inform me or the other parents that it had occured. Once I notified them that I was aware of it and highly upset that he was being bullied they acted concerned, told me they had a no tolerance rule and it would be handled. This was after the fact but I still had hopes that they would do something to encourage the students build each other up instead of tear each other down but when asking the counselor the plans going forward she only got defensive and thought I was accusing her of "not doing her job"...... Hmmmm. well there still is no program to encourage anti bullying, but I am sure its on her list

Last modified Brinker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.