Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

It served our kids well. We weren't only happy with their academic progress but overall development in social, athletic and extracurricular areas as well. What we like best is the environment as most kids come from educated and well to do families of diffrent backgrounds but all want the best for their children, it creates an atmosphere of of mutual effort to raise the bar for the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

they do not care what the students do in class, the only good teacher was ms. singh

Renner is a good school with potential to be great. The 2013 school year began with a large amount of new staff after the previous principal and assistant principal left. In order to try to establish control, the staff went overboard with rules, constant warnings for students not to be tardy, one way direction for hallways, etc. Things seems to have leveled out a year later. The new principal is very responsive and personable. However, communication needs improvement. Websites are not up to date with the latest schedules and the parent portal is only as relevant as each teacher chooses. Administration needs to focus on weeding out the teachers with bad attitudes before they do lasting damage to students' academic futures and outlook on learning. There also needs to be a greater emphasis on letting students have a little fun. Finally, the athletics program has all new coaches and they are pretty disorganized. They really could use an Athletics Coordinator/administrative assistant of their own to help them coordinate all the details and correspondence that running those programs require.

My kids really enjoy going to this school. They show school pride and like their teachers.

Renner Middle School is the best thing that happened to me. The principal, Mrs. Sonja Pegram is the best principal I could ever ask for!! The track coach, Coach Francis is the BEST track coach I could ever ask for!! If coming to Renner its so much better when your involved in the school!!! I've been at Renner for 2 years and I'm in the eight grade, parents there will be things that you will not like but always ( I can't stress this enough) LET THE KIDS WORK IT OUT THEMSELVES! Mrs. Pegram is the best principal ever! She comes in the hallways and has conversations with us while walking with us! VERY-FRIENDLY AMAZING LOCATION VERY PROTECTED

Don't send your child to this school. Lazy, unresponsive teachers. Some teacher expect students to know everything...

Our children had many wonderful teachers, well oiled system and good education. They thrived and made wonderful memories. Teachers and students manage things independently and parents don't feel any pressure, great experience.

Renner is an awesome school. Our kids had a wonderful time here. Renner provides a top notch educational standard, great extracurriculars and an environment to thrive. We can't praise it enough.

Unresponsive staff. I have emailed several times to counselor and administration with slow to zero responses back concerning incorrect class schedule and incorrect information uploaded into the parent portal. Also, the school doesn't communicate with parents for new coming students or 6th grade on class times or bell changes so we can better prepare and organize for our 6th graders. It's like they feel you suppose to know certain things. How can a parent help their child have a smooth year without admin informing them of basic information. I received handouts to initial that read certain items and never received the handouts/rules to do so. I had high hopes coming into this school, but that has passed. If it doesn't get better, I do not plan on having my daughter at this middle school for 7-8 grade. Oh and this back to school bash they had to meet parents was a joke! Several parents stopped and asked me where are the teachers for the students to meet, but that didn't happen. I had a couple of teachers approach me and point out one person to just say hi". No teachers were in the room. This school will get a low score until they implement some improvements.

the teachers are so sweet and l just love renner...alot of drama though. the counceler is amazing and some of the teachers are a little too leniant. at socials (dances) i hear guys are a little touchy though lol...........GREAT SCHOOL OTHERWISE

Last modified Renner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.