Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Gulledge is a great school and I am very happy with the teachers and overall staff. They are very firm and happy to support at the same time. Also the school PTA is very active and supports school quite a lot. My son goes to grade 2 and is happy to be with his friends and safe environment of school.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Sent home packets of incomplete work with red marks

Excellent School in Plano, hands down! From the office staff to the teachers and the Principal. The teachers take at most care of the kids bothacademic n otherwise. My kid has learnt so much in her K, I can't be less grateful (Mrs Myhre an excellent teacher). Ok, like any great school in Plano, there are homeworks and there are young teachers/substitutes too. This is the pattern everywhere. We might movers Frisco because of a different reason and we are already thinking on our decision and feeling anxious to leave Gulledge. Our kid and We love love Gulledge.

Do not send your kids there! It may have been a great school 25 years ago when I attended, but they are ridiculously money hungry. They have fines and charges from every little thing, from their PASAR program to sending your 5 year old to truency court after a few absences/tardies. Schools get money from sending kids to court, so they obviously only care about that. In court, I met several parents/kids from gulledge. Keep in mind, my daughter has extensive medical problems and resources are limited. That makes for a very apathetic, insensitive, and insincere vice principle. She doesn't even return calls and is only in school two times a week, making her less a part of the school than what a school needs. On top of that, kindergartens are not walked to their class in the mornings which is dangerous. They are 5 years old! And then parents get told to keep the line moving when all the y want is to make sure their child gets inside safely. It's just pathetic and less than acceptable for a Plano school.

My son love this school. It is true that he has a few homework, but he allways do it by himself in no more than 10 min. He start to reading fast and clearly in 1st grade. In my experience the teachers in K, 1st and 2nd grade are really good. It is true that the extracurricular activities are limited, but to be honest, the after school of my son is my responsability as a parent.

What is going on here? don't know if it is the new principal Blegie (seems normal, been here 3 yrs, just never see her) or just our community but heard MORE of the good teachers my older kids had are leaving. Maybe they are moving or retiring. Very worried for my last still there and he can't take another year of a 24 yr old replacement teacher and we can't request teachers.Taks scores big drops last two years. Are the demographics changing that much? Our family loved this school for years. What is happening?

This school is horrible! I have 6 children & 5 are grown adults, so I know how well elementary can be. This is not one of them! Because of a recent move, we had to switch school's & I am so disappointed at the level of miscommunication my daughter's teacher has! Just last week, my daughter pulls out a stapled packet of papers that stated "complete & sign"... 14 pages?@*! The packet date was 1.5wks old & just to send it home for the parent to work on with no specific date to finish or tell me why my kid didn't complete it. The work sheets were nearly all blank & the teacher wrote... "Where's your work" wtheck.... Am I the teacher here? I should be... My daughter didn't even understand what or how to do this? I am seriously considering homeschool for her. My daughter shouldn't be stressed out already in 2nd grade, because she's convinced her 2nd grade teacher doesn't care or gets mad at her & puts red marks & circles all over the place!!!

What an unfortunate situation. A substandard school in an amazing community. The Principal, Mrs. Rene Rucker, seriously lacks leadership skills and is unable to address concerns with "Lemon" teachers that have been around for several years, simply collecting a paycheck. Elaine Doering is one of those teachers and works in Special Education. She is dangerous and unpredictable. Be extremely cautious when deciding whether or not to purchase a home within the boundaries of Gullegde Elementary. Very tragic, as it is nestled in a great West Plano Community, certainly not lacking in resources.

We moved because the principal demonstrated poor leadership and management. When our daughter's 1st grade teacher stopped coming to work and was absent a full 45 out of 70 days of school, there was one substitute after another assigned to the class with no communication to the parents about what was going on. We requested a new teacher and were turned down because "staffing issues were none of our business and were not grounds for change in class."

it was ok i guess too much homework though and no time to play in class cafeteria food was bad

Last modified Gulledge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.