Gulledge Elementary School 5

Posted October 07, 2014
My son love this school. It is true that he has a few homework, but he allways do it by himself in no more than 10 min. He start to reading fast and clearly in 1st grade. In my experience the teachers in K, 1st and 2nd grade are really good. It is true that the extracurricular activities are limited, but to be honest, the after school of my son is my responsability as a parent.

Gulledge Elementary School 3

Posted March 08, 2014
What is going on here? don't know if it is the new principal Blegie (seems normal, been here 3 yrs, just never see her) or just our community but heard MORE of the good teachers my older kids had are leaving. Maybe they are moving or retiring. Very worried for my last still there and he can't take another year of a 24 yr old replacement teacher and we can't request teachers.Taks scores big drops last two years. Are the demographics changing that much? Our family loved this school for years. What is happening?

Posted September 20, 2013
This school is horrible! I have 6 children & 5 are grown adults, so I know how well elementary can be. This is not one of them! Because of a recent move, we had to switch school's & I am so disappointed at the level of miscommunication my daughter's teacher has! Just last week, my daughter pulls out a stapled packet of papers that stated "complete & sign"... 14 pages?@*! The packet date was 1.5wks old & just to send it home for the parent to work on with no specific date to finish or tell me why my kid didn't complete it. The work sheets were nearly all blank & the teacher wrote... "Where's your work" wtheck.... Am I the teacher here? I should be... My daughter didn't even understand what or how to do this? I am seriously considering homeschool for her. My daughter shouldn't be stressed out already in 2nd grade, because she's convinced her 2nd grade teacher doesn't care or gets mad at her & puts red marks & circles all over the place!!!

Posted May 10, 2013
What an unfortunate situation. A substandard school in an amazing community. The Principal, Mrs. Rene Rucker, seriously lacks leadership skills and is unable to address concerns with "Lemon" teachers that have been around for several years, simply collecting a paycheck. Elaine Doering is one of those teachers and works in Special Education. She is dangerous and unpredictable. Be extremely cautious when deciding whether or not to purchase a home within the boundaries of Gullegde Elementary. Very tragic, as it is nestled in a great West Plano Community, certainly not lacking in resources.

Posted April 03, 2013
We moved because the principal demonstrated poor leadership and management. When our daughter's 1st grade teacher stopped coming to work and was absent a full 45 out of 70 days of school, there was one substitute after another assigned to the class with no communication to the parents about what was going on. We requested a new teacher and were turned down because "staffing issues were none of our business and were not grounds for change in class."

Posted February 01, 2012
it was ok i guess too much homework though and no time to play in class cafeteria food was bad

Posted August 28, 2011
This school is evil and horrifying! My child screamed the first day and never came back! VERY BAD

Gulledge Elementary School 5

Posted April 16, 2011
Gulledge is truly an exceptional school that manages to stand out even in an exceptional district. Renee Rucker, the Principal has an uncanny ability to identify nearly every student by name, and is always ready and willing to address any issue with a parent. The teachers (at least in K, 1, and 2 where my daughter has been) are energetic, capable, and encouraging -- they have pushed my daughter to be more than she thinks she can be, and they are always willing to show her how. They have been more than understanding with helping her adapt to several challenging situations, and deserve applause for their individual attention to students. Extracurricular activities ARE limited, however I would point out that this is an ELEMENTARY school. In my opinion after school should be about playing with friends - overscheduling with extracurriculars will come all too soon. Overall, I'd encourage you to take some of these reviews with a grain of salt -- sometimes parents don't want to accept the fact that their own child is the cause of some problems.

Posted September 03, 2010
The Special Ed department has taken a turn for the worse and they are sending children to others schools because of the inability to handle them. There is a lack of compassion and patience here, and unless your child is able to sit back and coast, this is not the school for you. The Principal tries to be kind, but does not monitor her staff closely and does not always go by the book. My child had to leave after the school continually called home for us to come and get him. Too many teachers that are nearing retirement and burned out.

Gulledge Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2010
Gulledge is an ok school. My daughter's Kindergarten teacher was terrible and lacked any spark, personality or ability to work with my daughter or us with her ADHD or becoming adjusted to school in general. Her first grade teacher was EXCEPTIONAL, but her FIRST teacher in 2nd grade was so softspoken and quiet that we had to demand a new teacher. The one she has now is GREAT! Ms Rucker is very involved with the school, parents, and children. Afterschool activities are close to zero, and unless you are a part of the PTA you really have to be aware of what comes home as to activities. The parents are mostly cliquish and mostly PTA. This school passes as just about anyother school in a good area, but isn't anything special.

Gulledge Elementary School
6801 Preston Meadow Drive, Plano, TX  75024
Last modified Gulledge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gulledge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top