Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

the competition at the school is incredibly insane. let me tell you I've never seen any school with students that obsess so much over gpa like students here. and honestly, I think it's simply unhealthy for any student who wishes to have a healthy academic, social, and a healthy life in general. there are students here taking almost 4 ap classes sophomore year even though its not even offered at Jasper (so they drive to another school for credit), and to sum it up, Jasper is just students trying to game and manipulate the gpa system. parents, just think twice before sending your child here, because even an average kid, or even averagely smart kid WILL have their gpa and rank completely destroyed. It is NOT appealing to colleges even IF jasper is such a rigorous school, so if you wish for your child to achieve academically, they can do much better in another school. I know this isn't the teacher's or administrations fault (though I'd wish to see a limiting # of ap classes), because you can literally see their tears of frustration when a 9th grader is trying to take calculus.Not only that, but the social environment is incredibly weak, with a few fights and minor high school things. smarter kids tend to have more friends and school spirit is practically non existent. A majority of students wishing to be at another school just shows that a good high school allows for a healthy, enriching academic and social life, better potential for students to achieve their goals and at least 7 hours of sleep:)

Amount of homework: Disagree

a large homework load for students is simply not an effective way for students to learn

Jasper is full of selfish and snobby kids. I hated every moment that I went to this school

I just graduated from Jasper, and I genuinely thought it was a pretty good experience. Yes, there is a lot of work. Yes, these is a lot of competition. However, I really liked all my teachers (Mr. Stanton is absolutely amazing; Mrs. Radebaugh for English was great too.) For people who discuss workload: This year I took 4 honors, 2 APs, and one regulars class. I never slept past one o'clock the entire year, and I would usually sleep at midnight. Even though I didn't have as crazy of a sleeping schedule as some of my peers, I was still able to maintain middle and high A's in all of my classes. I don't think the workload is excessive; I just feel as if a lot of people don't know how to manage their time well. I was involved in a plethora of extracurricular activities and was gone almost every weekend for debate competitions, but I still had enough time to sleep and balance schoolwork. I really liked Jasper, and I know it has a really poor reputation among students, but I do feel as it really helped me develop as a person and a learner.

I just graduated from Jasper this year, and I can say that it's really prepped me for the future. The academics are very competitive and very challenging, but once you get to Senior High/college, it will prepare you a lot more for what's to come. The vast majority of the teachers at this school are willing to educate you properly and actually make sure that the students understand the material. Some of the counselors are a bit snooty, however--they tend to get irritated with people taking too many AP courses. They have excellent extracurricular programs in LASER, HOSA, fine arts, etc. and also a really good Humanities program. Many students that go to this school end up getting into TAMS, and the competition for GPA and grades is very intense as a result. This school has helped many students achieve excellence. I have learned a lot about myself as a person through Jasper, even though I really had to push myself, it really did turn my life around. Even though your grades will go down in the beginning, you will get used to it, and you can pull them back up again. This school stands out among others in Plano based on the drive it places in other students to succeed in life.

sorry to say that jasper high school is o.k school. some teachers really have attitude, if they don t like a student he or she gets detention for every move like smiling detention, ask teacher something detention, wants to use bathroom detention .I went to talk to the counselor about it for ten minutes he was fixing his classes he still did not ask me please come in or can i help you nothing, or sit down nothing it is understood what kids are learning ,because my child was with me watching him do all this

Jasper is a wonderful school. The Humanities teachers are excellent. The music programs are excellent. Jasper has high-performing students, and my kids have had a wonderful experience there.

We just moved from Liberty High School, and I must say, i am pretty impressed! People say Liberty is a good school, but to be honest, it is nothing compared to Jasper. JASPER IS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS IN TEXAS! It has been on the Texas Business Education Coalition honor roll the past two years in row - only about 3% of the high schools in the state are selected for this honor. Students that go through Jasper are very well prepared for college. Great students, teachers, and parents all work together to achieve this high level of student success! Jasper has the best teachers and they really motivate kids to strive for success. They give ALOT of homework, which really prepares them for college. The curriculum and syllabus are college level, which is a good thing because college will be a breeze for these kids! My kids are always busy with project and other school work, and they are not even complaining! My elder daughter got a scholarship from Siemens through this school and my son, who goes to Plano West, will be going to Harvard! I now realized moving to Plano is the best thing that happened to my kids!

Best high school in Plano. Classes really prepare students for college. Competition is high and teachers really push the students. I love this school. I only wish my son could have attended Jasper but school redistricing is sending him to Clark.

Very rigorous academics, but that's a rare blessing in a school that helps prepare students for life. Outstanding extracurricular programs, particularly the music and out of school academic activities. With a good work ethic, any student has the potential to go as high as they want from this school.

Last modified Jasper High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.