Bad
Good

Jasper is full of selfish and snobby kids. I hated every moment that I went to this school

I just graduated from Jasper, and I genuinely thought it was a pretty good experience. Yes, there is a lot of work. Yes, these is a lot of competition. However, I really liked all my teachers (Mr. Stanton is absolutely amazing; Mrs. Radebaugh for English was great too.) For people who discuss workload: This year I took 4 honors, 2 APs, and one regulars class. I never slept past one o'clock the entire year, and I would usually sleep at midnight. Even though I didn't have as crazy of a sleeping schedule as some of my peers, I was still able to maintain middle and high A's in all of my classes. I don't think the workload is excessive; I just feel as if a lot of people don't know how to manage their time well. I was involved in a plethora of extracurricular activities and was gone almost every weekend for debate competitions, but I still had enough time to sleep and balance schoolwork. I really liked Jasper, and I know it has a really poor reputation among students, but I do feel as it really helped me develop as a person and a learner.

I just graduated from Jasper this year, and I can say that it's really prepped me for the future. The academics are very competitive and very challenging, but once you get to Senior High/college, it will prepare you a lot more for what's to come. The vast majority of the teachers at this school are willing to educate you properly and actually make sure that the students understand the material. Some of the counselors are a bit snooty, however--they tend to get irritated with people taking too many AP courses. They have excellent extracurricular programs in LASER, HOSA, fine arts, etc. and also a really good Humanities program. Many students that go to this school end up getting into TAMS, and the competition for GPA and grades is very intense as a result. This school has helped many students achieve excellence. I have learned a lot about myself as a person through Jasper, even though I really had to push myself, it really did turn my life around. Even though your grades will go down in the beginning, you will get used to it, and you can pull them back up again. This school stands out among others in Plano based on the drive it places in other students to succeed in life.

sorry to say that jasper high school is o.k school. some teachers really have attitude, if they don t like a student he or she gets detention for every move like smiling detention, ask teacher something detention, wants to use bathroom detention .I went to talk to the counselor about it for ten minutes he was fixing his classes he still did not ask me please come in or can i help you nothing, or sit down nothing it is understood what kids are learning ,because my child was with me watching him do all this

Jasper is a wonderful school. The Humanities teachers are excellent. The music programs are excellent. Jasper has high-performing students, and my kids have had a wonderful experience there.

We just moved from Liberty High School, and I must say, i am pretty impressed! People say Liberty is a good school, but to be honest, it is nothing compared to Jasper. JASPER IS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS IN TEXAS! It has been on the Texas Business Education Coalition honor roll the past two years in row - only about 3% of the high schools in the state are selected for this honor. Students that go through Jasper are very well prepared for college. Great students, teachers, and parents all work together to achieve this high level of student success! Jasper has the best teachers and they really motivate kids to strive for success. They give ALOT of homework, which really prepares them for college. The curriculum and syllabus are college level, which is a good thing because college will be a breeze for these kids! My kids are always busy with project and other school work, and they are not even complaining! My elder daughter got a scholarship from Siemens through this school and my son, who goes to Plano West, will be going to Harvard! I now realized moving to Plano is the best thing that happened to my kids!

Best high school in Plano. Classes really prepare students for college. Competition is high and teachers really push the students. I love this school. I only wish my son could have attended Jasper but school redistricing is sending him to Clark.

Very rigorous academics, but that's a rare blessing in a school that helps prepare students for life. Outstanding extracurricular programs, particularly the music and out of school academic activities. With a good work ethic, any student has the potential to go as high as they want from this school.

The curriculum is pretty heavy but it really prepares the student for college. Taught her how do prioritize, create great study habits. My daughter state Senior high is a breeze.

Very competitive and challenging. Will definitely prepare your kids for senior high and college. Jasper students are usually the top kids in their senior high school. There is a lot of homework, but it will teach your kids to manage their time.

Last modified Jasper High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.