Posted November 08, 2014
My son was enrolled at this school earlier this school year after a difficult time at previous two schools for two years. We had to leave Skaggs due to an unexpected event. But for the brief period of time while he was there, I have nothing but great things to say about Skaggs. 1. GREAT, MOTIVATED AND LOVING teachers, counselor and staff at this school. My son, to this day, still sometimes mentioned his 2nd grade teacher Alyson. She had left such a great impression and positive influence on my son! 2. MEETING ACADEMIC RIGOROUSNESS 3. EXTREMELY WELL MANAGED AND ORGANIZED it shows as soon as you walk into their front office. 4. CLASS SIZE IS APPROPRIATE no oversized class which really helps teachers and students in a very productive learning environment. 5. GREAT TAG program 6. GREAT ACADEMIC PROGRAMS. My son was academically challenged, really enjoyed the class and had a great teacher Alyson! As an educator myself for the past 11 years in Dallas, I must say this is a great school with dedicated people working for you and your child. You can't go wrong especially if you and/or your child are looking for a challenging and positive environment.

Posted August 31, 2013
Both my kids study here and I am very happy with the school. The teachers teach in creative, out of the box ways making the learning experience fun for the kids while giving them a strong foundation. In the bigger grades, there is also an emphasis on team projects and collaborative learning, which teaches them real world skills. My kids are not in the gifted program, however the education they get is still top rated.

Posted June 20, 2013
I think this school is just fantastic! The teachers and principals here are simply wonderful and caring, and are very involved in this school. It's very warm and welcoming to students and parents as well. I'm very fortunate to send my children to such a great school!

Posted May 23, 2013
Skaggs is a wonderful school with a very dedicated principal, teachers, and staff. My daughter has attended Skaggs since kindergarten. I feel like she is genuinely cared for by her teachers and all staff at the school. I am very thankful to have her in such a great environment where she has established a strong educational foundation.

Posted April 28, 2010
Skaggs is the best. My 7th grader went there and now my little one is in 1st grade. It is an awesome school. Superb teachers, Great gifted and talented program. My kids never wants to miss school. They love it. It's excellent and one of the best. No complains!!

Skaggs Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2010
While this school does an excellent job teaching the gifted & talented and providing additional assistance to those students 'on the bubble' (a combined total of approximately 85% of its student population), it grossly fails to appropriately educate those students who do not 'fit inside this box. Downfalls: Teaching to TAKS testing; Closed door policy for parental concerns regarding educational matters surrounding their child; Code of Silence policy enforced to control the information that is 'allowed' to be provided to parents regarding a child's 'truthful and accurate' progress; and bottom line is all parents want a :sincere' warm and inviting atmosphere to walk into with open and honest lines of communication.

Posted March 22, 2009

Skaggs Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2008
While this school has an 'exemplary' rating, I would disagree when it comes to children with special needs. This is a great school for the 'gifted and talented' child, not one that requires assistance with disabilities.

Skaggs Elementary School 2

Posted November 17, 2008
Hi, My kids have been in this school for 5 years and I can say, this is the best school. PTA involvement is excellent and yes, they tell you not to walk to the kids class after the first week just to keep the school safe. The teachers go out of their way to help the kids learn. They work according to each kids level. The principal is doing a great job.

Posted October 11, 2008

Skaggs Elementary School
3201 Russell Creek Drive, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified Skaggs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skaggs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top