Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 08, 2016
Principal Jane Smith is amazing. Lot's of schools think they are caring but Ms. Smith and her team have managed to live and breathe this value. I have never had calls from the principal's office because my child is behaving well until I got to this school. I also used to remind my kids about spirit wear - my son plans ahead and makes sure he has his Haun shirt on every Friday. Amazing leadership and vision.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 08, 2016
I must commend the 5th grade teachers for fostering a positive environment. They keep parents informed, they are proactive above commending good behaviour.

Posted January 08, 2016
All told my kids have attended 5 elementary schools in 2 states and I didn't think previous schools could be topped - Haun is a step above any school we have attended to date.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 06, 2016
Ms Courtney Reeves and the school nurse, I believe her name is Jennifer Bourgeois!! We also met the Principal Ms Jayne Smith in the hallway and was extremely pleasant.

Posted January 06, 2016
So first impressions are always very very useful. We literally tried to enroll my two girls the day before the first day of school after X-mas break and literally ran into the school nurse at the entrance. She was on her way out to pick up her own kids from the dentist but she noticed the urgency in my face and turned around to help me, at . She reviewed my daughters shot records and told me one of my daughters needed a shot and even suggested where to go. She also gave us the registration packet to fill out. She cared enough to help us even though she was on here way out (it was 3:30 in the afternoon). We arrived the next day and was met by Ms Courtney and was very pleasantly and helped to get them squared away and my girls were in their classes before the end of first class. I've never felt more welcomed and accepted and my girls had a wonderful first day at their new school. So far, so good but I think this school is not rated a 10 by accident, it shows in the competence and warmth of the staff and leadership! Great school and great for Plano!

Posted August 22, 2013
Haun Elementary School is a good place to take your child and know that your child is in good hands when it comes to the knowledge placed in our kids minds.

Posted February 10, 2013
We arrived to Haun from overseas and this has been the best school my daughter has ever attended. Everyone from the Principal, Counsellor and classroom teachers to students have been friendly, awesome with my child's assimilation and the education is excellent too. I would highly recommend Haun to anyone not sure which Elementary to enroll their child in.

Posted April 26, 2012
I think this is a nice school. Lots of postive energy. Kids seem to be really happy here. I wasn't around with the first principal, but I like the new one that's been there for 4 years or so. Great community involvement, too. The Rock Hop was packed with lots of families, so was Multicultural Night. I am glad that we chose the Deerfield neighborhood and this school!

Posted February 17, 2012
I have 2 children at Haun, and we all love the diversity, challenging curriculum, and very friendly staff. The school truly strives to be the best. When you walk into Haun, the building is very warm, friendly, and inviting. The principal, counselor, and staff do an amazing job at creating a great learning environment for the students. Haun students always stand out in such a positive way when they move on to Robinson Middle School. Haun truly produces happy, well-rounded children ready for the next level. It's a wonderful school and community to be a part of!

Posted February 17, 2012
Haun Elementary School has provided our family with outstanding academic training in a nurturing, loving atmosphere. Children of all academic abilities are able to excel at Haun and in cases where additional assistance might be needed, the staff truly partners with the family to ensure educational success. While academics are the priority, children are encouraged and supported in their social development as well. Our family feels very fortunate to have been a part of the Haun family.

4500 Quincy Lane, Plano, TX  75024
Last modified Haun Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.