Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I must commend the 5th grade teachers for fostering a positive environment. They keep parents informed, they are proactive above commending good behaviour.

All told my kids have attended 5 elementary schools in 2 states and I didn't think previous schools could be topped - Haun is a step above any school we have attended to date.

So first impressions are always very very useful. We literally tried to enroll my two girls the day before the first day of school after X-mas break and literally ran into the school nurse at the entrance. She was on her way out to pick up her own kids from the dentist but she noticed the urgency in my face and turned around to help me, at . She reviewed my daughters shot records and told me one of my daughters needed a shot and even suggested where to go. She also gave us the registration packet to fill out. She cared enough to help us even though she was on here way out (it was 3:30 in the afternoon). We arrived the next day and was met by Ms Courtney and was very pleasantly and helped to get them squared away and my girls were in their classes before the end of first class. I've never felt more welcomed and accepted and my girls had a wonderful first day at their new school. So far, so good but I think this school is not rated a 10 by accident, it shows in the competence and warmth of the staff and leadership! Great school and great for Plano!

Haun Elementary School is a good place to take your child and know that your child is in good hands when it comes to the knowledge placed in our kids minds.

We arrived to Haun from overseas and this has been the best school my daughter has ever attended. Everyone from the Principal, Counsellor and classroom teachers to students have been friendly, awesome with my child's assimilation and the education is excellent too. I would highly recommend Haun to anyone not sure which Elementary to enroll their child in.

I think this is a nice school. Lots of postive energy. Kids seem to be really happy here. I wasn't around with the first principal, but I like the new one that's been there for 4 years or so. Great community involvement, too. The Rock Hop was packed with lots of families, so was Multicultural Night. I am glad that we chose the Deerfield neighborhood and this school!

I have 2 children at Haun, and we all love the diversity, challenging curriculum, and very friendly staff. The school truly strives to be the best. When you walk into Haun, the building is very warm, friendly, and inviting. The principal, counselor, and staff do an amazing job at creating a great learning environment for the students. Haun students always stand out in such a positive way when they move on to Robinson Middle School. Haun truly produces happy, well-rounded children ready for the next level. It's a wonderful school and community to be a part of!

Haun Elementary School has provided our family with outstanding academic training in a nurturing, loving atmosphere. Children of all academic abilities are able to excel at Haun and in cases where additional assistance might be needed, the staff truly partners with the family to ensure educational success. While academics are the priority, children are encouraged and supported in their social development as well. Our family feels very fortunate to have been a part of the Haun family.

My children have been at this school for several years. I've been extremely happy with their education. Haun's staff are engaging with all the students and you can tell from the smiles on the children's faces how safe and secure they feel. This school has a rigourous curriculum, but struggling students are given tutoring and the extra help they need to be successful. I've been very happy with the counseling program and the way all students are treated despite their individual differences. The middle school staff, Robinson, have been known to say that you can always tell which middle school students are from Haun. They stand out as the most successful and best behaved of all the elementaries that feed it. If you are looking for a child- centered school that is diverse, high achieving and readies a child for future success, Haun is it!

Worst music program in all of Texas elementary schools. Extremely cliquish, and I'm not just speaking of the kids. The parents and teachers are in their own worlds....and if you aren't in the circle, you are out. The counselor actually encourages bullies to stand up for themselves and blames targets for allowing themselves to be in the bullies space. The principal pretends not to see messages and emails, living in her little bubble, never repsonding or stepping up. My children all soared academically; but, this socially inept school needs new leadership, PRONTO.

Last modified Haun Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.