Posted August 17, 2012
Getting ready for my youngest to follow her older sister's footsteps and start kindergarten at Hightower. Great group of educators, given some are young and lack years of experience, however they are knowledgeable and genuinely care for the young boys and girls they teach. My oldest is sad to leave Hightower since she had 6 great years there.

Posted June 19, 2012
My daughter just finished kindergarten at hightower. I would highly recommend this school. Small school. Excellent education curriculum. Focus on Math and Reading. Amazed at my daughters progress from when she started. She loves it here.

Hightower Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2012
I too felt the teachers does not want to help the kids who needs more attention including avoiding their parents. Just pointing out the shortcomings of kids who need help would not do teachers as well special ed need to get more involved. Trying to avoid involvement due to reasons liks budget cuts does not help the kid or the parent.

Posted February 02, 2010

Hightower Elementary School 2

Posted December 23, 2009

Posted July 13, 2009

Hightower Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2008
I have two children at Hightower, and I am especially impressed with the active PTA and the many programs they provide. Since the parents are very involved, the teachers are appreciative and caring. I have found the current principal to be rather aloof, but have seen much improvement in her performance in the last year. I find most of the staff and other families to be very welcoming and involved.

Hightower Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2008
My daughter went to the 1st grade at Hightower. The previous parent was spot on when they wrote that Hightower is not a welcoming environment. I definately got the feeling that we were not welcome, and that parents are to stay out of the classroom. When my child had issues, I wanted to observe in the classroom to see what was going on and the teacher refused! I pulled my daughter out of the school because of that environment.

Posted February 22, 2008
I have a KG student and a 2nd grader and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the work and the atmosphere of the school. I have had interaction with the principal and found her to be quite enthusiastic and pleasant and welcoming. We moved from another Plano ISD school district and I believe that the level of the curriculum at this school is superior to the previous one (and that one had an exemplary rating as well).

Hightower Elementary School 3

Posted April 30, 2007
We selected our new home based on the PISD reputation and Hightower's exemplary rating. The rating has since lowered and we are disappointed in the quality of instruction. The teachers are young and have few years exp. at best. This school is so committed to its rating and stats that the students suffer. My 1st and 2nd grade children bring home work sheets requiring mutliplication to complete - math concepts the teachers do not cover in grades 1 or 2. They simply rely on the parents to teach this math. Sure we play an important role - but the teachers have to do their part as well. They are not covering material - rather they focus almost entirely on the state TAKS test.

Hightower Elementary School
2601 Decatur Dr, Plano, TX  75093
Last modified Hightower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hightower Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top