Posted November 05, 2014
I could not be more happier. my son is 4th year in razor now. every single year, the home class teacher was very caring one. they are really interested in improve students. my son told me many stories how some trouble kids improved dramatically. I don't involve much in my son's learning, but he is still doing great. all because the teachers tireless effort. strongly recommend this school.

Posted August 27, 2014
This is an awesome school. This is my child's second year at the school, and we love it. The entire staff is so friendly and willing to help my child excel. Any concern brought to a teacher, art teacher, librarian, principal, or counselor was addressed, no matter how minor the concern. My child lives in an apartment, and has test scores above the chart. So whoever says theses kids are labeled as apartments kids has no idea what they are talking about. We love Rasor! Thanks Rasor staff for all you do in fostering a great learning environment and working hard with each child to ensure they are successful.

Posted August 04, 2014
This is an excellent school. Most every teacher and staff member that is here show a genuine care for and attention to the student. My daughter absolutely loves it here. Mr. Pruitt knows her by name and many of the teachers in classes she's never been in know her as well. Her teachers have always shown care in making sure she is ahead of where the average is. I've seen a couple reviews about "Chase Oaks" and lower track and that's not even the case. We don't live in Chase Oaks and my girl is at the top of her class. Exceptional School.

Rasor Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
Not a good school. Teachers are not engaged and they do not try to help the students. I don't recommend this school.

Posted August 12, 2013
My kids had a great year 2013-14. My 2nd grader's scores went from below average to top of the class with the support of Ms. Cannon. My reserved 1st grader, is strong academically, but started out cautious in making friends and interacting with others. Mrs. Roseburg took each of her concerns seriously and encouraged her right out of her shell. Ms. Yates, the counselor, was there every step of the way following up as needed. After a minor incident on the school bus the Asst Principal, Dr. Brehner called me share how they would deal with the trouble-maker. The Principal, Mr. Pruitt, is so engaged with each student and activity, knows my kids' names. I commend all the staff and him for his excellent leadership. My kids scores are higher and they are actually excited about starting a new year! Great experience for me too!

Rasor Elementary School 2

Posted July 14, 2013
If you do not live in Chase Oaks or Sunset Creek, your child will be labeled and placed in a lower education track; PISD uses a tracking system to teach their students. If your child lives in an apartment, they will placed in alternative or special education. The teachers actually call them "apartment kids". I live in Chase Oaks and I think it is amusing how these parents love to have their children coddled.

Posted March 14, 2013
Love this school and love the staff! The school diversity is embraced and celebrated and I could not be happier with the progress my children have made! The renovations are AMAZING, the school has all the new technology and architecture in Plano ISD.

Posted March 14, 2013
My kids have excelled beyond and because of their Rasor education. THe teachers are wonderful; the staff all great. Rasor is a great melting pot of kids that reflects the real world. This school has strong leadership and I am an involved parent who is proud my kids go here and of the education they are getting.

Posted March 14, 2013
I have been so impressed with Rasor! The principal knows the kids by name and greets them as they enter the school! This is an everyday occurence, not just once in a while. The teachers really care about their students and how well they are succeeding. After recently moving to another state, I miss the "family" of Rasor and how cared for my son felt there. The test scores continue to improve and there are many opportunities for parents to be involved in their child's education. Rasor is a great partner in educating our kids!

Posted March 14, 2013
I am a teacher at Rasor and am very involved with all of the students as well as our amazing PTA. I think the students here are getting a great education and have many opportunities to develop relationships with staff and students as well as building their own character and confidence. Our diversity is welcomed and is in accord with reality. I enjoy it here and will stay until I retire, which won't be anytime soon. For those parents that were unhappy here, I hope you find what you are looking for. For those parents trying to find a great school, come and visit!

Rasor Elementary School
945 Hedgcoxe Road, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified Rasor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rasor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top