Bad
Good

Teachers in lower grades are wonderful. Teachers in 5th are not so hot. Teacher turnover was an issue. Child went k-5 and only kept the same teacher from start of school year to end twice. Principal is fantastic. Very diverse student body.

Rasor is a Great School! This is our second year there and we are very happy with no Complaints! The Principal, the teachers, and the staff are all very friendly and efficient...always willing to help. FYI, we live in apartments and my daughter is a straight A student!

My son attended Rasor in 2014 for Kindergarten. DO NOT ATTEND this school if your child has any special needs or difficulties. We had the worst year EVER at this school. First, my son had serious issues going on. This school, the principal, they wanted to chalk it up to he was just a bad kid and we were not disciplining him well enough. Second, they took him out of his special needs classes including his speech saying he didn't need it or he "tested out". He was miss treated, and bullied by HIS teacher. It took me calling Mr. Pruett and pointing out that clearly this behavior was more serious since their repeated punishments were doing nothing, to get them to go another route. Now, my son has been diagnosed with Autism along with several other disorders because after that year at rasor, i moved both my my children to Allen. Where my son was placed BACK into speech, and his special needs classes and i was told he should have never been removed! HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!!!!!

Great school, friendly staff and awesome principal!!! I would definitely recommend this school to everyone!

I could not be more happier. my son is 4th year in razor now. every single year, the home class teacher was very caring one. they are really interested in improve students. my son told me many stories how some trouble kids improved dramatically. I don't involve much in my son's learning, but he is still doing great. all because the teachers tireless effort. strongly recommend this school.

This is an awesome school. This is my child's second year at the school, and we love it. The entire staff is so friendly and willing to help my child excel. Any concern brought to a teacher, art teacher, librarian, principal, or counselor was addressed, no matter how minor the concern. My child lives in an apartment, and has test scores above the chart. So whoever says theses kids are labeled as apartments kids has no idea what they are talking about. We love Rasor! Thanks Rasor staff for all you do in fostering a great learning environment and working hard with each child to ensure they are successful.

This is an excellent school. Most every teacher and staff member that is here show a genuine care for and attention to the student. My daughter absolutely loves it here. Mr. Pruitt knows her by name and many of the teachers in classes she's never been in know her as well. Her teachers have always shown care in making sure she is ahead of where the average is. I've seen a couple reviews about "Chase Oaks" and lower track and that's not even the case. We don't live in Chase Oaks and my girl is at the top of her class. Exceptional School.

Not a good school. Teachers are not engaged and they do not try to help the students. I don't recommend this school.

My kids had a great year 2013-14. My 2nd grader's scores went from below average to top of the class with the support of Ms. Cannon. My reserved 1st grader, is strong academically, but started out cautious in making friends and interacting with others. Mrs. Roseburg took each of her concerns seriously and encouraged her right out of her shell. Ms. Yates, the counselor, was there every step of the way following up as needed. After a minor incident on the school bus the Asst Principal, Dr. Brehner called me share how they would deal with the trouble-maker. The Principal, Mr. Pruitt, is so engaged with each student and activity, knows my kids' names. I commend all the staff and him for his excellent leadership. My kids scores are higher and they are actually excited about starting a new year! Great experience for me too!

If you do not live in Chase Oaks or Sunset Creek, your child will be labeled and placed in a lower education track; PISD uses a tracking system to teach their students. If your child lives in an apartment, they will placed in alternative or special education. The teachers actually call them "apartment kids". I live in Chase Oaks and I think it is amusing how these parents love to have their children coddled.

Last modified Rasor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.