PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

We left St..Mark's after witnessing numerous events of teachers yelling at students and our child reaching an all time low self esteem. Numerous sessions with teachers who at one time told us that they are too busy to write down positive things about our child on a daily report, but thought nothing of 4 or 5 marks for getting out of line or talking when not called upon.(helping a friend who got hurt). The school counselor is useless. She told me that she didn't have time to work with our child as she shoved a binder in our faces telling us that there are 45 to 50 other "Kids just like this " that she " has to deal with ". The Pastor choses to turn a blind eye to the reasons why children are being removed from the school. Chalks it up to people come and go and it all equals out. I was wondering if I was alone in this but when we arrived at the new school and found 5 other families had moved from there also, I knew we made the right decision. My child was a C and D student while at St. Mark's, and is now an A and B student at the new school and is happy and thriving. Bottom line, the families are great, the teachers seem angry, and the pastor refuses to affect change.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Absolutely not! They cannot handle children who need additional attention. They shame kids

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Students are not pigeon holed into doing assignments just one way. They are given choices so a child can find the way they excites them the most.

St. Mark is a truly wonderful school and I feel my children are so blessed to be here. I am excited to say the school has gone through a rebirth and is focusing on making sure the students needs are being met individually. Plus they keep adding new and wonderful programs so any child can find something they love while attending this school. But most importantly, they are teaching my children to grow into strong and responsible adults who understand the need to have Christ in their lives.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The new principal has brought an energy to the school that has re-invigorated it and introduced many new and fresh ideas.

Send your kids here if you want them to see adults (parents and teachers) teaching exclusion, lack of compassion for others, lack of tolerance, and patting themselves on the back for how great they are.

My children are each unique and have their own needs. They are all thriving and loving school, developing independence and making good grades. This is a direct result of the teachers and this wonderful school.

I am so saddened to read some of the posts regarding St. Mark. I am a parent of 2 St. Mark students who have received extra support and kind and caring direction. Are they held accountable? Yes! Are they held responsible? Yes! Are they growing, maturing, learning to care for others? Yes! This is why I have been paying for them to attend a great school. St. Mark stands above the rest with their traditions, values, and strong sense of Christianity. My experience has been that the entire staff is open to communication at any time. They are open to hearing any concerns and if someone has a complaint, my advice is to visit with the person directly instead of a public posting.

Amount of homework: Disagree

And I've never seen so many daily questions posted about homework. If there are that many questions every day posted by parents, then something is wrong with school communication.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers don't emulate these values so how could the students learn these values from them?

Last modified St Mark Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8