PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Students are not pigeon holed into doing assignments just one way. They are given choices so a child can find the way they excites them the most.

St. Mark is a truly wonderful school and I feel my children are so blessed to be here. I am excited to say the school has gone through a rebirth and is focusing on making sure the students needs are being met individually. Plus they keep adding new and wonderful programs so any child can find something they love while attending this school. But most importantly, they are teaching my children to grow into strong and responsible adults who understand the need to have Christ in their lives.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The new principal has brought an energy to the school that has re-invigorated it and introduced many new and fresh ideas.

Send your kids here if you want them to see adults (parents and teachers) teaching exclusion, lack of compassion for others, lack of tolerance, and patting themselves on the back for how great they are.

My children are each unique and have their own needs. They are all thriving and loving school, developing independence and making good grades. This is a direct result of the teachers and this wonderful school.

I am so saddened to read some of the posts regarding St. Mark. I am a parent of 2 St. Mark students who have received extra support and kind and caring direction. Are they held accountable? Yes! Are they held responsible? Yes! Are they growing, maturing, learning to care for others? Yes! This is why I have been paying for them to attend a great school. St. Mark stands above the rest with their traditions, values, and strong sense of Christianity. My experience has been that the entire staff is open to communication at any time. They are open to hearing any concerns and if someone has a complaint, my advice is to visit with the person directly instead of a public posting.

Amount of homework: Disagree

And I've never seen so many daily questions posted about homework. If there are that many questions every day posted by parents, then something is wrong with school communication.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers don't emulate these values so how could the students learn these values from them?

We currently have 4 children at this school and could not be more pleased. Academics are top notch, teachers are caring with very open communication, and the overall feeling in the building is warm and inviting. I feel very comfortable talking to any staff member if I have a question. And fellow families are just as friendly. My kids come home all the time excited about what they did in school today, and coming from public school, that is such a welcome change! But even more important is the emphasis on their spiritual development. Even our youngest children talk and sing of God now. And when they make a sad choice at home, to hear them talk it through based on what their teachers have taught them, is just amazing. I am so grateful we are able to send our children to a wonderful school like this!

My three children have been attending this school from the last two years and they were coming from public school. The school meet our expectations academically but not in their treatment with the kids. My children were telling me very "unfair" and "unprofessional" comments from the teachers so I decided to star volunteer in the school weekly to observe those comments and it is really sad to say they were correct. Many teachers have been in this school for 15-20 years and should be retired and their way to keep control of the kids is screaming and " threaten" them all day long with checks or going to detention. I have seen many "unfair" and "unprofessional" in the school. You feel like you are in a Military Academy more than a Catholic School. The PE class is a joke ( you should the coaches that do nothing other than looking with a "mad face" at the kids while swinging their whistle. They never smile even to a parent when you pass by) as well as the music class . They just practice and practice the songs for the mandatory Friday Mass. They do not play any instruments or the few they have in the classroom cannot even been touched or you get a "check". Since the arrival of the new Principal the school have changed few good things but I really do not know if she is aware or can do anything regarding the "teacher treatment and behavior" issue. We are really considering dropping our kids from this school by the end of the year if we do not see a change.

Last modified St Mark Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8