PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Principal, Mrs. Opon, and the Vice Principal, Mrs. Steinkirchner are the best! They are a great team, they are always at all the functions, and they are constantly encouraging the kids.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Everyday my son amazes me at how much of a fantastic human being he is becoming. The school fosters Christian ethics and also preaches acceptance.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All the teachers take the time to know the kids. Everyone one of them always greats my child positively. They will offer to work with him if he is struggling.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

So far, our son has been given things he can practice and show us what he knows while doing work at home.

My son feels nurtured, cared for, encouraged, and safe. The school goes out of its way to involve parents and grandparents. The teachers and especially the Principal, Mrs. Opon, and the Vice President, Mrs. Steinkirchner, are available anytime you need to discuss issues concerning your child. The community is welcoming and encompassing. This school is a village helping me raise my son as an educated Christian.

We currently have one child enrolled at St. Mark, and one child in high school who went through St. Mark. Our children have received an excellent education that is rigorous and faith-based. The teachers have provided guidance and support in each grade level. The community of St. Mark is our family and has provided us with a home away from home. St. Mark Catholic School is an exceptional school and we are pleased to be a part of such a first-rate community.

We left St..Mark's after witnessing numerous events of teachers yelling at students and our child reaching an all time low self esteem. Numerous sessions with teachers who at one time told us that they are too busy to write down positive things about our child on a daily report, but thought nothing of 4 or 5 marks for getting out of line or talking when not called upon.(helping a friend who got hurt). The school counselor is useless. She told me that she didn't have time to work with our child as she shoved a binder in our faces telling us that there are 45 to 50 other "Kids just like this " that she " has to deal with ". The Pastor choses to turn a blind eye to the reasons why children are being removed from the school. Chalks it up to people come and go and it all equals out. I was wondering if I was alone in this but when we arrived at the new school and found 5 other families had moved from there also, I knew we made the right decision. My child was a C and D student while at St. Mark's, and is now an A and B student at the new school and is happy and thriving. Bottom line, the families are great, the teachers seem angry, and the pastor refuses to affect change.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Absolutely not! They cannot handle children who need additional attention. They shame kids

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Students are not pigeon holed into doing assignments just one way. They are given choices so a child can find the way they excites them the most.

St. Mark is a truly wonderful school and I feel my children are so blessed to be here. I am excited to say the school has gone through a rebirth and is focusing on making sure the students needs are being met individually. Plus they keep adding new and wonderful programs so any child can find something they love while attending this school. But most importantly, they are teaching my children to grow into strong and responsible adults who understand the need to have Christ in their lives.

Last modified St Mark Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8