Posted October 29, 2014
I have four students at St Mark. We have been there for four years and I am always impressed by the quality of education and how the teacher's challenge my children academically and spiritually. If you get involved in HSA or in the parish, the school becomes like a second family. Its an amazing environment for the children and for families.

Posted October 29, 2014
Our family moved to St Mark two years ago and what a blessing the move has been.. Between the staff, teachers and other wonderful families that have their children attending St Mark our children now wake up excited to get to school.

Posted October 07, 2014
I am shocked at reading some of these reviews. We have been at St Mark Catholic School for 12 years and will continue there with our youngest until he has graduated. Our students are incredibly well prepared for high school. Last year alone we had alumni at 2 local high schools that were valedictorians. My senior has done amazingly well in high school and I always credit STM with his success. My husband and I feel blessed that we have been able to give our children a faith based education at STM. Catholic schools in general are not for everyone. They teach to the middle child. Over the years, the families that I have seen leave the school usually had a child that was struggling and chose to get help from their public school. As for the sports comments? The entire Dallas Parochial League is run by parent volunteers at all of the Catholic schools and this is no different for STM. I would say please volunteer to those parents that are complaining. In regards to the "strict" comments below. Yes, they are strict with the kids in middle school. I do not think that is a negative. Again, I go back to my comments above that I believe it helps prepare them for high school.

St Mark Catholic School 1

Posted August 22, 2014
I was sadly a student at St Mark's and this school is horrible because of the way they "assess" your child and then place them in the dumb, avg, and smart class. The teachers have students that they heavily favor and are not afraid to show their favorites and least favorites, but this is of their "middle school" (I went to a real middle school and had a totally different experience than this place) so their elementary school may be better...

Posted August 21, 2014
St. Mark is a great school! I attended from preschool through 8th grade and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I had great teachers every year. They were always caring and always there to help. Even now when I go back to visit, the teachers remember me and ask how I'm doing. St. Mark is truly part of our family. At graduation, we were told that it will always be a place to call home, and that's how I feel. I will be forever grateful to my parents for giving me a St. Mark education. It was a wonderful place to grow up, and really prepared me for high school. Once a lion, always a lion!

Posted August 19, 2014
We are very happy with St Mark! Our children have attended St Mark Catholic School since 2000 and we have several years before our youngest graduates. St Mark is has a strong Catholic identity and a strong academic program which ensures they are prepared for the local Catholic high schools. The community is truly an extension of our family. We've made life long friends here. If you are looking for a Catholic education, please call the school and ask for a tour.

St Mark Catholic School 1

Posted August 17, 2014
I deeply believe in Catholic education. However something is broken at this Christian school that too often doesn't treat students or parents in a Christian manner. Perhaps it all stems from the principal that was there for 30 years, and asst. principal that are finally gone as of this year 2014-2015. But many things about St. Mark in Plano need fixing. The administration is extremely unprofessional and very cold and this sets the atmosphere for the entire school. Some middle school teachers are known to be very mean and texting or looking at their cell phones in class. Recently many families like myself have decided to leave and not keep waiting for changes that will take several years at least. Hopefully the academic methods of teaching and materials which are behind the times will also improve. Having said that, the parents and families really do form a bond and support each other. Some families stay simply because they don't want to leave their own and their children's friends. For us it was a tough decision because of close friends. For us the actual Catholic education and classroom experience for our kids had to come first.

Posted July 31, 2014
This is our third year at St. Mark, and I am so saddened to see some of the negative reviews. I have been so happy with our experience. My children all love going to school everyday, and it's such a blessing to have them in school where God is part of everything they learn. Weekly mass is such a beautiful experience. Any problem we have had was handled beautifully by the teachers and staff. We have a brand new principal and VP this year - I think good changes are on the way. I think every school has some drawbacks, but it's what the foundation is that matters. Our children are getting a great Catholic education here, and we wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Our kids have had some wonderful teachers. Though there are some teachers who don't do much smiling, and that is one thing that would make a big difference. A smile goes a long way! That being said, most of the staff is very personable and approachable. If you are considering the school, I encourage you to come for a tour. Be careful making a decision based on some negative reviews. See for yourself what St. Mark is all about! We are proud to be Lions!

Posted July 30, 2014
I was lucky enough to be a student at St. Mark since I was 3. This school became my second home. The faculty and staff were like my family. They were always kind to me. I was very sad to have left them when I graduated. Some other reviews on this website claim "the staff would not change their curriculum because my child did not understand it." I would respond to that by saying, the teacher can not stop the progress of the entire class for one slow student. If your child can't keep up, then they don't belong at St. Mark. Others still attend St. Mark complain about anything they can think of, to them I say, if you don't like it that much, then leave. There is a very long waiting list of people that would be elated to take your place. Over all I love this school and I hope whoever reads this gets to experience my happiness at the place I still call my second home.

Posted July 21, 2014
I have three children that attended St. Mark. Two have graduated and one is still there. I couldn't be more pleased with the Catholic education they received. My older children were very prepared for high school and impressed with their own preparedness when they reached high school. My youngest child seems to be following along the same manner. Students are given many opportunities to compete athletically and academically in various programs. I always felt teachers and administration were open to any of my concerns. Although, I never asked for preferential or special treatment for my children. My concerns were for the benefit of the school and children as a whole, not for individuals. If given the chance to do it all over again, St. Mark would still be my first choice!

St Mark Catholic School
1201 Alma Drive, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified St Mark Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mark Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top