No rating

Prince of Peace Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 823 students

Strong academics, faith eviornment and well-rounded, well-prepared students

Living in Plano

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $338,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Posted May 21, 2014

Wow! What a great school Prince of Peace has become. Mr Evans has really made a difference to this school. My family and I love how he is always in carpool greeting us each morning. The front office lady Ms. Suli is just such a delight and always makes you feel so appreciated for your volunteer work. This school is a wonderful Catholic school.

Posted November 12, 2013

Prince of Peace Catholic School is a community of very involved parents, challenging academics and strong focus on instilling Catholic values in it's students. The Principal and administration are deeply committed to making the school and the students the best that they can be. We have witnessed significant improvements over the last 2 years in communication between teachers and staff. The teachers are making great strides in partnering with the parents. We feel very blessed to be a part of Prince of Peace Catholic School.

Posted November 12, 2013

Our three children have been students at Prince of Peace Catholic School since they were in preschool. We are so pleased not only with the challenging academics but, more importantly, with the strong sense of community and faith.

Posted November 11, 2013

We currently attend Prince of Peace Catholic School and couldn't be happier with our choice. We live outside of the Plano area so it was initially difficult to choose going to a public school that is a block away or pay for private school that was a 15-20 min commute. Many things factored into us eventually choosing POP - 1) We liked the parent involvement as well as the church community. Everyone truly cares for one another and it shows in all activities. 2) We wanted a great education with educators that have been teaching for awhile and dedicated to the school. Many of the schools in our area have teachers that have only 1-2 years experience and we found that most POP teachers have been there 10+ years. We were also happy to hear that the schools curriculum is NOT based on Texas Standardized testing that most ISDs in the area are. 3) Getting a solid religious education. My kids are getting a great school education and religious education as well. Overall we are very happy with our choice and please note I'm not paid or recruited to post this review - I am a parent who would like to provide honest input to other parents on why they should choose POP Catholic.

Posted October 9, 2013

Not only are our children getting an excellent education at Prince of Peace, but, they are also receiving a strong religious background that supports our beliefs, and, a feeling of community that would be hard to replicate anywhere else.

Posted October 8, 2013

Prince of Peace Catholic School is an amazing place of learning. We made a decision to leave the public school system two years ago for POP. What a great decision! My boys have flourished both academically and socially. Their commitment to both quality education and volunteerism have made a true difference in changing my boys' view of the world. I highly recommend POP to anyone looking for a Christ based, quality education.

Posted October 6, 2013

Our daughter goes to Prince of Peace (Plano, TX). We searched very hard to find the right school. Some of the criteria that were important to us: academics, after school activities, teachers, classroom programs, etc. We have been overwhelmingly pleased. The teachers and staff are amazing. They really involve the parents, and parents can do as much or as little as they want. The testing scores show very well nationally. The childrens have "book buddies" and other neat programs where they partner younger and older children. I would highly encourage anyone looking at this School to strongly consider it. Our bar is set very high, and the School has greatly exicted our expectations.

Posted October 5, 2013

Prince of Peace Catholic School has been a wonderful experience for my son. We love the community feel and the principal has made a huge difference. Academically, POP challenges all to their very best! The curriculum is closely monitored to cover all subjects that our children need to succeed. Overall, we love POP!

Posted October 3, 2013

Prince of Peace Catholic in Plano, Texas. We love our school and my children have been attending since they were in preschool and my oldest is now in 5th grade. Be sure to check it out if you are any where near Plano. It's a very welcoming community and the administration is amazing!

Posted September 25, 2013

The administration and the faculty at Prince of Peace Catholic School really care about the growth of my children. My children come home happy and challenged. The families are very welcoming and very involved. Prince of Peace is a great school!

Posted September 25, 2013

We are a new family at Prince of Peace switching from Frisco ISD this year. I have been pleasantly surprised with the school, teachers, curriculum and administration. The atmosphere is full of warmth while at the same time, it is structured, disciplined and academically challenging. The principal is a fantastic leader and role model to the kids as well as teachers and parents. My kids are learning in an environment where values, morals, integrity and religion are taught daily. POP is not just a school, but a community of parents, teachers, administration supporting the children and their needs. If a parent wants to be involved, it is very easy to meet people and instantly feel at home in this community!

Posted April 11, 2013

Hi, we are first time parents at POP. We love the school! Prior to enrolling, we spent a considerable amount of time comparing the various school choices open to us, both public and private, and concluded that POP would likely offer the best overall experience - academically, athletically and being part of a real community of parents/kids and teachers. I'm really, really happy to say that all of our expecations have been surpassed. The teachers are great and committed, the principal is outstanding, the parents are terrific in their support and volunteer efforts and the character of kids is amazing. Just a wonderful atmosphere to be a part of. Our child is in a warm, nurturing community where he is challenged academically, is part of a community of kids whose parents care and work hard to support the school and ensure that it has every resource it needs and is taught by teachers who take a personal interst in him. On top of that, he is learning in a values based environment where character and integrity is emphasized and produced. Our other two children will follow him in enrolling as soon as they are eligible. I would recommend POP to anyone.

Posted October 6, 2012

Hi, after reading some of the reviews I would like to point out some major changes that have happened that have made the school overall better. In the past months, our principal was replaced by a new principal who is amazing! He has changed the administration and curriculum to help make it a better educational experience. When the old principal left, Mr. Evans created an administration that has helped tremendously with the school. My kids love the school and have found a home here. Most of the teachers are lovable and both my kids have learned so much. The majority of the teachers love to do hands-on activities. My older child did a cow's eye dissection in the 5th grade! Both my kids also love music and art due to the teacher's wonderful curriculum. Though some may not like it, my kids have found a home at POP

Posted March 13, 2011

I think this school doesn't welcome everyone and was very disappointed at the front desk approach to us. I personally felt that it subjectively chooses the students. I didn't have a good explanation as to why they said no to my daughter, after they called her for a test and she said that she did well and the fact that my daughter is straight A's in her current school. She is also a disciplined child who is very much loved by her teachers. They need to be fair and should make all parents feel welcome.

Posted December 10, 2009

There is a need for a great private school in this area. Prince of Peace has some good teachers, and some real disasters. Big changes need to be made to realize potential.

Posted October 3, 2009

A total balance among different accomplishments It's cool to be in honor society and it's cool to do football or track.

Posted September 16, 2009

they promote education and athletics as well as discipline for a well rounded student

Posted February 9, 2009

I love Price of Peace the curriculum is amazing and the school work is very advanced and still good for nonhonors. Although the rules are strict. The rules are the only things that I don't like. I understand why they prohibit certain things but that was the previous classes fault not ours. Althoug, the students are so nice and inviting and we all work as one. There are barely any cliques and I love that fact. Overall Prince of Peace is a 4 for me. :D
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 6, 2008

All three of my kids have attended POP. I love the academics. Two of mine are at Ursuline and one at Jesuit and they are among the tops in their classes. Great parent involvement and great values taught in school. Principal could be a bit friendlier but the children have little involvement with the administration and more with the teachers. Overall...excellent

Posted July 9, 2008

My children went to POP and I thought they were well prepared academically. However, when they entered Shepton I discovered differently. They were behind the students who had been enrolled in the PISD elementary schools. What a rude awakening I had!

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
  • Voted Best Private School In Plano (2013)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Many Presidential Service Award Winners (2013)
  • Eagle Scouts (2013)
  • Girl Scout Gold Award Winners (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Science club

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 7:00 am
School end time
  • 4:00 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:20 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Chad Evans
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Direct instruction
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Acceleration
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Outdoor learning lab
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Creative writing
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Ursuline Academy