Posted August 18, 2014
I am a freshman at Prestonwood and I have been attending since preK. My teachers have instilled in me a love for knowledge and more importantly, for the Lord. I know for a fact that my teachers love me and my classmates because they go above and beyond to help us grow academically and spiritually. Through programs like Student Leadership Institute and The Lion Scholar Program I have learned how to become an effective leader with firm roots in scripture. Overall, I love my school and my teachers. Each of them has played a formative role in my development of a Biblical worldview. I would highly recommend PCA to any prospective parents and students.

Posted May 17, 2014
Unfortunately, I cannot give a very good rating to this school. This isn't due to its athletics, which is strongly focused on, sometimes to the detriment of other parts. It's academics are only so-so, and the social atmosphere is horrible. Many of the kids, especially in the upper school, are snobs and even the parents are pretty "cliqueish". When we moved to another school and played them on the athletic fields, their players were brutes with no sportsmanship. Families have come to our admissions office and are crying because of the poor treatment they have received there. It's a shame, really. People go because they think bigger is better, but that simply isn't the case with school environments - it just gives opportunity for more Mean Girls, and boys, scenarios like we see in large public schools.

Posted April 30, 2014
Unfortunately it seems this school is focused on the kids who's parents have money. There are clicks that run each grade level and verbally abuse the other children and nothing seems to be done to them. They are losing students every year due to this, it is a shame because it has the potential to be a great school.

Posted October 04, 2013
I began to attend PCA when I was a junior in high school after 10 years in the DallasISD. I am now a senior in college and can't help but think that of it wasn't for PCA I wouldn't be the woman of God I am today. Between the incredibly impactful apologetics class I took my junior year there and the extremely intelligent and passionate teachers, PCA was an experience I would encourage all parents to give to their child. Prestonwood did more than give me tools to be successful in college... PCA gave me the tools to share Jesus with this world. I can't thank the staff and community there at PCA enough for all they did for me. If you are looking for a Christian school home for your child, stop here. You will find that PCA is more than a school, it's a foundation all young Christian men and women will benefit greatly from.

Posted July 30, 2013
PCA is by far the most spiritually based school we have been part of and for that I am thankful! It is not a school for all families b/c it does believe that the students there need to be part of a Christian home as they partner with the home and church to help develop the overall student. But, this does not stop the solid foundation it places on academics. In fact, I have personally witnessed time and again PCA's desire to excel in all areas of school in order to glorify God, not themselves. PCA is also serious about diversity in all areas including race, culture, learning styles, and economic status. My daughters have a classroom that reflects how God made us all different, but wonderful, in His image. If you aren't a Christian home, this is not the school for you. But if you are, and if you are serious about your child being raised in a home, church, and school that prepare them for the world they are about to enter, PCA is a great fit. The whole community is phenomenal- from the admissions team, forward. I highly recommend PCA to everyone searching for a school with high standards and a solid Biblical foundation! And, Celeste Cordon is amazing!!

Posted May 14, 2013
I just read the review about the admissions department. I found them to be caring and sincere in their interest in my family. They are the gatekeepers of the culture and standards of the school and may have to communicate to a family that their child may not be a good fit. We chose PCA because of the Christian foundation and the school's unwavering commitment to excellence. We have found PCA to hold true to their mission statement to " assist CHRISTIAN parents." I say bravo for not wavering on this issue!!!

Posted February 13, 2013
I don't have any affiliation with this school. I was researching if I could enroll my friend's brother, who is an international student. Celeste Cordon (admission lady) was extremely rude and told me that probably he won't be a good fit for them after talking less than 3 minutes with me . Her first question was if he was Christian, and I really did not know (my friend asked me to call this school and ask about their experience with international students, so I assume that he is Christian). My exact words were: "Let's say he is", since I had other questions (more down to earth), such as if they have any other international students, if they provide visa support etc. Celeste Cordon would not give me the time of day after that. So much for Christian Values! This conversation left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Posted November 05, 2012
We have been a part of this great school for 9 years. We are beyond grateful to be a part of this community we call family! They have so many programs and want each child to use the gifts and talents the Lord has given them. There are minimester mission trips, Student Leadership Institute, Stand up and Be Heard in the Lower school, Shurly grammer, Tuition Assistance and much more. Come and take a tour of our great facility. The moment you walk on this campus you will feel the love of the teachers, students, parents and administration. The one thing I've loved is watching the teachers (with each of my children) love them unconditionally and help them grow in their strengths. If you want a well rounded school that excels in academics, athletics, art and most importantly God's Word come to a tour and you will see just what I'm talking about. There is not a perfect school but we sure do love being a part of PCA!!

Prestonwood Christian Academy 3

Posted October 22, 2011
Prestonwood is a great school for teachers' and staffs' children. If your child is not one of those lucky kids, then the school offers few opportunities. The college guidance is zero help in navigating the college application process, despite paying $700.00 for a special class to facilitate college applications The athletic department is also sub-par with coaches who run teams like a club rather than as a competitive team.

Posted June 24, 2011
Overall I believe PCA is a very well organized operation with excellent quality teachers and staff who truly love the kids and desire to see God work in their lives. No, Im not star-stricken :) I have been to 2 other Christian schools. I truly believe that each school strives for excellence, yet PCA stands out above the rest. I sense more unity with leadership, faculty and parents than other schools. The cirriculum is rock solid and well organized, even through grade level transition. I have 3 children: K5, 4th and 7th. I have 2 children who top the charts in education, and they are challenged and given ample opportunity to shine. I also parent a child who needs that "extra push" to excel; he receives an abundance of encouragement and extra academic help through the learning lab. Of course, you cannot control how kids treat each other all the time, yet PCA takes great strides in teaching the kids to operate with Godly character. In fact, the middle school hosts a split (guys /girls) parent &child brunch monthly and addresses pertinent junior high issues: cliques, manners, internet etiquette, ect. (Tacking issues early) No school is perfect, but PCA fits my family perfectly.

Prestonwood Christian Academy
6801 West Park Blvd, Plano, TX  75093
Last modified Prestonwood Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Prestonwood Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top