PK-12|Private
1,460 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted November 16, 2015
We love Prestonwood Christian Academy! While Prestonwood is very strong academically they focus on all-around development to create strong leaders for the future. The kingdom education builds a strong Christian foundation by incorporating biblical worldviews into most subjects. Our experience has been absolutely positive and I encourage parents who are looking for a wonderful Christian school to take a look at PCA.

Prestonwood Christian Academy
Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 11, 2015
We LOVE Paige DeLeon, the principal to the lower school. She always stands out front greeting each student by there name.

Posted November 11, 2015
Our son has been at this school since PreK 3 and we are beyond impressed with both the Christian foundation he is getting in addition to the strong academics. We couldn't be more happy.

Posted November 09, 2015
We are going on year 4 at PCA and we love it. Prestonwood's vision when I was growing up was that they would eventually open a school and as a child I said "I want to send my kids there!" Sure enough, this is where the Lord has led us to attend school. We are beyond pleased and thrilled with the education/social experience/spiritual experience our children are getting.

Prestonwood Christian Academy 4

Posted November 04, 2015
I feel like the overall atmosphere of the school is extremely positive, with a healthy influence of Christian worldview in the core classes and most electives. However, outside of the classroom itself, the Christian aspect of the school seems to fade away into a vague sense of Jesus and Jack Graham. However, i love the teachers, I think the classes are extremely well put together, and the extracurricular activities are organized effectively. There are lots of opportunities to do what you want, and make a meaningful impact.

Prestonwood Christian Academy 2

Posted March 15, 2015
If you are concerned about your children's self esteem and overall well-being then please re-consider sending them elsewhere. I have 3 children in the school and I was very disappointed in the lack of Christian values. Many of the parents are more concerned about status than actual academics. Mr. Larry Taylor speaks highly of his administration and staff, but I would compel him to walk the halls and talk to the students about their experiences. Disappointed.

Posted August 18, 2014
I am a freshman at Prestonwood and I have been attending since preK. My teachers have instilled in me a love for knowledge and more importantly, for the Lord. I know for a fact that my teachers love me and my classmates because they go above and beyond to help us grow academically and spiritually. Through programs like Student Leadership Institute and The Lion Scholar Program I have learned how to become an effective leader with firm roots in scripture. Overall, I love my school and my teachers. Each of them has played a formative role in my development of a Biblical worldview. I would highly recommend PCA to any prospective parents and students.

Prestonwood Christian Academy 1

Posted May 17, 2014
Unfortunately, I cannot give a very good rating to this school. This isn't due to its athletics, which is strongly focused on, sometimes to the detriment of other parts. It's academics are only so-so, and the social atmosphere is horrible. Many of the kids, especially in the upper school, are snobs and even the parents are pretty "cliqueish". When we moved to another school and played them on the athletic fields, their players were brutes with no sportsmanship. Families have come to our admissions office and are crying because of the poor treatment they have received there. It's a shame, really. People go because they think bigger is better, but that simply isn't the case with school environments - it just gives opportunity for more Mean Girls, and boys, scenarios like we see in large public schools.

Prestonwood Christian Academy 1

Posted April 30, 2014
Unfortunately it seems this school is focused on the kids who's parents have money. There are clicks that run each grade level and verbally abuse the other children and nothing seems to be done to them. They are losing students every year due to this, it is a shame because it has the potential to be a great school.

Posted October 04, 2013
I began to attend PCA when I was a junior in high school after 10 years in the DallasISD. I am now a senior in college and can't help but think that of it wasn't for PCA I wouldn't be the woman of God I am today. Between the incredibly impactful apologetics class I took my junior year there and the extremely intelligent and passionate teachers, PCA was an experience I would encourage all parents to give to their child. Prestonwood did more than give me tools to be successful in college... PCA gave me the tools to share Jesus with this world. I can't thank the staff and community there at PCA enough for all they did for me. If you are looking for a Christian school home for your child, stop here. You will find that PCA is more than a school, it's a foundation all young Christian men and women will benefit greatly from.

Prestonwood Christian Academy
6801 West Park Blvd, Plano, TX  75093
Last modified Prestonwood Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Prestonwood Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top