Posted October 08, 2012
We have only been attending Anderson for 2 years now kinder and 1st grade and I must say that I am very very pleased with my child's education. My child loves to learn now and can't wait to do the homework and continue learning at home. At the beginning I thought I would have a real problem getting her to focus in school but both her kinder and 1st grade teachers have woken something up in her that I couldn't do and she is thriving in all areas. That tells me that the teachers at Anderson are doing something right, which means that they must have pretty good leadership.

Anderson Elementary School 4

Posted December 02, 2011
When my daughter transferred to this school the first year she really began to excel. The second year I was less than impressed with her instructor and she is not fairing as well. Overall it seems like a decent school but the communication COULD NOT BE WORSE!!!! When they need money or are doing a fundraiser you will be notified 50x's and nice and early. If there is a school play, or your child is having trouble learning in class you won't hear a dang word.....My biggest gripe would be very poor communication from the school and teachers. It really depends on which teacher you get here, some of them are very good at what they do and some......not so much.

Anderson Elementary School 1

Posted October 19, 2011
Anderson has always had good principals, however I have to agree with the parent who was upset because a group of students was being punished for the actions of a few. This is a reflection of the young and inexperienced teaching staff. Many of the people say it is a great school, but failed to list what really makes it great. Yes the teachers can be nice and smile every morning, but that doesn't make them great teachers. I have to say in my 5 years being an Anderson parent I have yet to see an experienced, concerned teacher with an interest in learning ability and environment. The teachers at Anderson only come to work. They are neither leaders nor teachers. Most of the them are very young, inexperienced, insensitive and care for nothing other than a paycheck. For example, children who are bullied are being ignored and bullied (spoken to in a mean tone) by the teachers, not all children receive the amount of attention needed to succeed, they speak to children in a demeaning manner, they allow children to behave badly and disturb the learning of others, if a teacher doesn't like the parent then she treats the child unfairly in class and the teachers have poor follow-up to parents.

Posted May 31, 2011
The staff at Anderson Elementary are ALWAYS extremely helpful and in good spirits. I have had children attending this school for 8 years and have never had nor heard of a single complaint. One of my children has been diagnosed with dyslexia and the 504 meeting and program have been a true blessing to her and the growing knowledge level. I always observe several parents attending PTA events, open houses, and extracurricular activities sponsored at the school. The principal and assistance principal are visible throughout the school day and special events in addition to out supporting the other schools within the FriscoISD.

Posted September 08, 2010
I LOVE this school. My family has been at this school going on 5 years now and it just keeps getting better. It is so refreshing to have faculty and staff that are as interested and devoted to your children as you are. The teachers are there to make certain your children succeed.

Posted January 02, 2010
This school is simply phenomenal. I have a kindergartener here, and we are very pleased with her classroom teacher. She is very easy to communicate with - I send her an email and she responds within a few hours or less! The administration proactively opened up a sixth kinder classroom so that the student-teacher ratios would remain small. My daughter is being challenged academically and assessed regularly - she is given guided reading homework that is really challenging and makes her think critically about the assigned book. There is also a tremendous sense of school spirit, due to the good Morning Anderson assembly / pep rally that gets kids excited to tackle the day. The classroom teachers proactively use technology - they update their website regularly and publish a weekly newsletter online. Curriculum and activities are well coordinated among the 6 kinder teachers.

Anderson Elementary School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
Anderson Elementary always brings the most qualified and loving teachers and staff. They promote good health in their curriculum and offer many classes and events for families. They are a strong resource in our community for families involved in evolving situations. The traditional family still exists within Anderson Elementary.

Posted September 09, 2009
This school cares for the kids. Parents are welcome and Teachers are always working with the parents in identifying the kids potential. Both my kids love this school and do not want to miss a single day. They just love coach Parkman and Coach Addis who make PE both fun and a learning experience. Our family is fortunate to be a part of Anderson Family.

Posted August 27, 2008
This review is well overdue. For the way this school cares for our kids started when my kids first went to Anderson last year. My son was diagnosed with ADHD last school year. Yet through it all, the teachers, counselor and principal all worked with me to help my son. This year is no different. We have had a couple of issues already 3 days in and the counselor and teachers have once again been phenomenal with the care of my son. It means so much to know he is in great hands.

Anderson Elementary School 3

Posted February 04, 2008
We just recently moved here from Dallad and I am in love with Anderson. My child has really shown her best potential.

Anderson Elementary School
2800 Oakland Hills Drive, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified Anderson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anderson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top