Posted June 22, 2014
We moved here from Frisco school district and were pleasantly surprised by the environment , academics and athletics. This is without a doubt one of the best high school in Texas. School was larger than Frisco a High Schools but class sizes were same and teachers were great. You get PISD's proven system and positive peer pressure. It was surprising to see how much our kids improved.

Posted March 31, 2014
As an Alum of this wonderful educational institution, I am ecstatic to say I am proud to be a graduate of such an amazing school. My experience was a little bumpy coming from DISD, a district with such low standards, to PISD, a district that is really as a school district should be. The school was my saving grace, as it provide myself and my graduating class the academic foundation on which to continuously build and grow. The school culture is as all of the great reviews mention-diverse and positively competitive. The competitive atmosphere was the propelling force all to do well, and, of course, the instructors played a key role in the success of the students during my time within the school. I felt fulfilled and prepared before, during and after my matriculation. I look forward with bright-eyes and an equally bright mind to a successful academic and professional future.

Posted December 01, 2013
There is a reason this school tops ranking charts. Our hats are off to PISD, school management, teachers, support staff and PTA. Best place to go to high school in DFW. In my opinion there strongest asset is a big, diverse, intellectual student body, kids learn as much from their peers as they do from their teachers and coaches. We are so glad that we didn't fall for cheaper and newer housing galore of neighboring towns and made the sacrifice to buy an older and smaller house in West Plano. We would make the same decision again if we have to. We salute PISD for providing top notch education to our children. No other school district in the area is able to meet their standards. When my child went to college tours and interviews, people already knew that PISD has great standards and their students are college ready. Bigger schools and large student body prepares kids to adjust well in college atmosphere and options to pick courses that no smaller school can offer is another big advantage. All in all, we give PWSH 5+ stars.

Posted March 09, 2013
As a student at Plano West, I have been afforded opportunities that are hard to find outside of top-tier privates. Because of its large size, PWSH can offer programs, activities, and a huge amount of clubs just not found elsewhere. It's easy to find a way to be involved after school with the large amount of student groups. There's a very strong AP program, extensive and well-kept facilities, and the school gets strong test scores, but that's really not what makes it special. I think its most valuable asset is the school's culture - the students expect each other to achieve, and there's a positive pressure to do well at whatever your interested in (music, academics, art, athletics, etc.). That's why Plano West (and Plano ISD as a whole) keep on dominating competitions of all sorts, and why the school is able to send kids to top colleges.

Plano West Senior High School 3

Posted January 31, 2013
Plano ISD and PWSH in particular has become a large bureaucratic organization that cares more about itself than the students they are supposed to serve. VERY easy for kids to get lost in the crowd. Try to talk to them - you will just get stonewalled. Very cold and indifferent towards parents.

Plano West Senior High School 4

Posted December 28, 2012
Plano West Senior High School is a bureaucratic organization forgets that their business is our children.

Plano West Senior High School 4

Posted December 22, 2012
I placed a negative comment regarding this school on this space. It was polite and did not name specific names. Yet it was still removed. So, I guess, this site feels it's okay to censor. Don't believe all the comments you read here because it's not the entire story. Some of our voices are not heard.

Plano West Senior High School 1

Posted October 10, 2012
We have had a very humiliating and a harrowing experience by two dept. heads at the Plano West. My daughter who is a AP and Honor student for all her classes this year was not given help and when she asked for help she was refused and after i wen in to see her teacher, I was humiliated and yelled at by her dept. heads and they said it was my daughter's fault. I then went to see the principal and he said he could take care of it and also help my daughter. I have not heard from him yet. I just feel that how will they teach our children if their own attitude is negative and do not know how to handle situations?

Posted August 09, 2010
As a graduate of Plano West, I can attest to the high quality of education that students receive at this high school. It is an extremely competitive school, but that competition prepared me for college and the rigorous academic challenges I later had to face. The teachers are very caring and truly want you to succeed. There is an excellent selection of AP classes, which helped me to place out of 24 hours of college credit. The college counseling department is excellent and caters to every type of student and their individual college or career goals. The level of diversity is high, which helps students prepare for working in the real world. I would definitely recommend attending Plano West for high school.

Plano West Senior High School 0

Posted September 27, 2009
It prepares the students for their futures & inspires them to succeed.

Plano West Senior High School
5601 West Parker Road, Plano, TX  75093
Last modified Plano West Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plano West Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top