Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

I attend this school and it wonderful teachers , clubs , music , sports ! It is a awesome school !

Basically, Teachers= some great some bad eh expected with every school Students= now we get into subcategories :) -Asians: dominate the school, discriminate all other races, take pride in their ethnicities, create terms such as "white-washed" used in a derogatory manner -Other ethnicities: hate the asians, minority Here's a tip: if your one of the best at your school outside of Texas, you're probably only average at Rice

Great school with best supporting teachers. With good academic and best school in band. Every parents like this school.

For all the hype created in plano over this school, I don't think its all that great. The best part is the music program under Mrs. Farmer. The teachers are ok. I am not impressed with them at all. I have had an instance where my daughter got a 100 on her test and the teacher gave her a 10, we were shocked to see it on her report card. Which teacher gives her student a 10 and doesn't bother to think "why did she get such a low score". When we called her about it she told us that we have to show her the proof aka the test paper showing the score!! Thank God my daughter saved all her tests so we could show it to her and she finally earned the 100 she deserved. But what kind of system is it here that a child doesn't get the grade he/she deserves. Just one of many instances I felt the teachers were extremely careless. All the best to people what want to get into the over bidding wars to buy homes in this neighborhood. Its not worth it.

Rice is actually very mediocre except for the fact that is has an amazing low brass section

Rice MS Is comprised of many very intelligent students, who attend private tutoring sessions and other academic classes outside of Rice to compensate for the lack of instruction in public schools. Rice, along with other Plano ISD schools, have nothing more than certified room monitors who pass out worksheets. The school's success is based solely on the caliber of students in attendance. My two children have attended Rice and I purposely chose this school after moving here from out of state, but unless you send your child to a private tutor or other outside academic program, your child will do no better here than any other public school.

Rice middle school is a great school. During the week days, the teachers may give you some extra homework, but they try not to give you homework on the weekends (especially the math teachers). One thing you have to know before going to this school as a sixth grader is that you have to be organized. The teachers tell you what to organize, but it will be helpfull if you learn how to organize your binders. The teachers give you a lot of papers to keep(if you are a sixth grader)so you may want to buy one and a half inch binders for your math, social studies, and science class. Overall this has been one of the best schools I've been to so far, and I enjoyed my sixth grade year at rice middle school.

Rice has a high concentration of top-caliber students. This is reflected in the school web site's long list of proud achievements. Moving these kids to any suburb in America, they would achieve the same. I've no double there are experienced and dedicated teachers at Rice. However it seems the teachers have a culture to be unreasonable harsh to the students. You could get a detention for dropping your pen or sneeze. Bathroom requests are frequently denied. If you haven't seen teachers bullying students, you may find it at Rice. Think of Snape in Harry Potter. Some students take after school programs to learn higher grade materials(math) in advance. If your kids don't do it, they are screwed for the teachers may have the students work on problems not taught in class. Forget parent-teacher conferences. If you kids are above average, you don't have a chance to make appointments with their teachers. The school has a great established system to facilitate the students to compete in any kids of competitions your kids might be interest of, arts, music, sciences,

Terrible school I went to rice myself, very unwelcoming, teachers are terrible and principal doesn't care about children's needs

I'm coming to this school for 7th grade? Is it really that good? I am moving from New York, and I'm considered the smartest student at my current school. Will I be able to manage here? Everyone says that it's tough and competitive.

Last modified C M Rice Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.