Posted October 19, 2014
Rice is actually very mediocre except for the fact that is has an amazing low brass section

C M Rice Middle School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
Rice MS Is comprised of many very intelligent students, who attend private tutoring sessions and other academic classes outside of Rice to compensate for the lack of instruction in public schools. Rice, along with other Plano ISD schools, have nothing more than certified room monitors who pass out worksheets. The school's success is based solely on the caliber of students in attendance. My two children have attended Rice and I purposely chose this school after moving here from out of state, but unless you send your child to a private tutor or other outside academic program, your child will do no better here than any other public school.
2 people found this helpful

C M Rice Middle School 4

Posted May 26, 2014
Rice middle school is a great school. During the week days, the teachers may give you some extra homework, but they try not to give you homework on the weekends (especially the math teachers). One thing you have to know before going to this school as a sixth grader is that you have to be organized. The teachers tell you what to organize, but it will be helpfull if you learn how to organize your binders. The teachers give you a lot of papers to keep(if you are a sixth grader)so you may want to buy one and a half inch binders for your math, social studies, and science class. Overall this has been one of the best schools I've been to so far, and I enjoyed my sixth grade year at rice middle school.

C M Rice Middle School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
Rice has a high concentration of top-caliber students. This is reflected in the school web site's long list of proud achievements. Moving these kids to any suburb in America, they would achieve the same. I've no double there are experienced and dedicated teachers at Rice. However it seems the teachers have a culture to be unreasonable harsh to the students. You could get a detention for dropping your pen or sneeze. Bathroom requests are frequently denied. If you haven't seen teachers bullying students, you may find it at Rice. Think of Snape in Harry Potter. Some students take after school programs to learn higher grade materials(math) in advance. If your kids don't do it, they are screwed for the teachers may have the students work on problems not taught in class. Forget parent-teacher conferences. If you kids are above average, you don't have a chance to make appointments with their teachers. The school has a great established system to facilitate the students to compete in any kids of competitions your kids might be interest of, arts, music, sciences,

C M Rice Middle School 1

Posted April 15, 2014
Terrible school I went to rice myself, very unwelcoming, teachers are terrible and principal doesn't care about children's needs

Posted March 10, 2014
I'm coming to this school for 7th grade? Is it really that good? I am moving from New York, and I'm considered the smartest student at my current school. Will I be able to manage here? Everyone says that it's tough and competitive.

Posted December 30, 2013
rice is the best school ever! rice's enviroment is very friendly and well put. here they challenge you and help you. they help prepare you for the long run. no kid is left behind academically. there are very high level classes for all students. i am in 7th grade here and this is my second year. im very proud to say im a rice raven. we have many fun activities too. the teachers do not put soo much stress on you. we had our principal dress up in our charlie the raven costume one day. some people also got to pie the teachers in the face! though there is fun, the teachers strictly manage the students and are firm. they teach kids to be proactive and plan ahead. people may think rice is a very competive school for nerds, but thatd not all it is! rice is by FAR THE BEST school in the world!

Posted October 29, 2013
The person under was incredibly incorrect in my opinion because the students here at Rice are awesome and friendly. They welcome new students quite well unless the student is not a very nice person. This may not be the case for all students here, but this is the majority. All the teachers are great, although some may find a few teachers stricter than expected.

C M Rice Middle School 2

Posted October 06, 2013
I am student at rice and so far, this is the worst school I have attended :( I came in as an eighth grader and before I started everyone said "Oh, you're going to rice? That's a great school!" But. on my first day I was very disappointed. The students were very unwelcoming, (except for some of y'all who were friendly), most of the students there are kind of mean/ignorant. The teachers were really friendly though :) And I've met some 7th graders, who were all friendly. I guess, it's just that by the time you're in eighth grade, you've formed you're own clique and don't want to invite anybody else in. So, as a new student I'm having trouble fitting in. I hope jasper is better than this school.

Posted July 11, 2013
East or West RMS is the BEST I moved school districts and came to rice as an 8th grader last year! Now I'm going to jasper. Even though I only attended RMS for a year it was the most wonderful experience ever!! It's so competitive and enjoyable at the same time. The teachers are vey hospitable. I found no signs of bullying, the students are very friendly!! IT'S THE BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C M Rice Middle School
8500 Gifford Drive, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified C M Rice Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C M Rice Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top