Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Borchardt Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 18, 2015
Ms. Stephanie Lickstein is an amazing teacher. She is so affectionate and worked with my child to better understand many difficult concepts. My daughter loves her!!

Posted September 18, 2015
My child has been in this school from kinder and is now in 5th grade. We love Borchardt!! I see some negative reviews, and sadly bad experiences can happen anywhere. Often we take time to leave a review when we feel strongly about something. We have had wonderful experiences with the teachers, nurse, counsellor, office staff and the principal. There is personalized spontaneous care. The school is abreast with technological updates. Parents are given enough information. I have seen a lot of turnover though with experienced teachers moving to new FISD schools. Kids here are smart and competitive. It is also true that since most of the parents are well educated, there is a lot of support given at home. So the wonderful test scores are a result hard- working students, good teachers and tiger parents .

Posted July 10, 2015
There is no proper supervision during those 20 min that walkers are held back. Bmany discipline issuesvhappen during those 20 minutes and therenis no accountability from the staff. The principal is hard to reach almost impossible, even with this kind of issues.

Posted May 04, 2015
Borchrdt is so conducive and so much fun involved learning atmosphere that I can compare with some other exemplary school in plano school district. My elder daughter went in PISD in fade-K & 1 while younger one in FISD. Younger one has learned so much academically as well as behaviorally that I rate it better than many other exemplary schools.

Posted October 15, 2014
Borchardt was a great school until this year. The principle from last year retired. We sure do miss her! She was great. She made a point to be kind and friendly to everyone. She appreciated the volunteers. She valued their time and hard work and made sure that everyone knew this. This year volunteers are feeling under appreciated . Maybe the new principle will realize the importance of volunteers when everyone stops volunteering due to her bad attitude. I will continue to volunteer for my children's classrooms but that is it. No one wants to feel like they have wasted their time and efforts when they go unnoticed and unthanked.

Posted October 15, 2014
We have been here for several years. This school has gone down hill. This year being the worst. Most of the teachers are okay. The administrative staff/principle could use some education on manners. They are rude and make parents feel unwelcome to be there. I'm very disappointed.

Posted September 15, 2014
TERRIBLE. Please parents be aware. This school should be shut down forever. The worst experience my child has ever had.

Borchardt Elementary School 3

Posted September 15, 2014
There is nothing this school is doing to students more than any other nearby FISD school. Its the parents that are making students achieve high scores by enrolling kids in extra education outside. Its too early to comment on new principal but what I noticed so far in my 3 visits to school - she does not greet every parent who passes her but only smile/greet few parents.

Posted September 12, 2014
I don't agree with the negative comments I see about this school, my two kids had great experiences at this school with caring teachers and friendly staff. I'm glad my sons go to this great public school. They are in first and second grade right now.

Posted September 10, 2014
This was a great school until a new principle came in this year. She seems to be on a mission to show everyone who is in charge and making a lot of unnecessary changes (for the worse). Last year was a wonderful year and my child loved going to school. Everyone was like family, teachers, staff, parents and kids. This year the new office staff is rude and unwelcoming as well as the principle. My child does not look forward to going to school anymore and seems so down. I don't even like stepping foot in the school anymore. I know a lot of parents feel the same as I do over the new principle and office staff.

Borchardt Elementary School
4300 Waskom Drive, Plano, TX  75024
Last modified Borchardt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Borchardt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top