Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child has been in this school from kinder and is now in 5th grade. We love Borchardt!! I see some negative reviews, and sadly bad experiences can happen anywhere. Often we take time to leave a review when we feel strongly about something. We have had wonderful experiences with the teachers, nurse, counsellor, office staff and the principal. There is personalized spontaneous care. The school is abreast with technological updates. Parents are given enough information. I have seen a lot of turnover though with experienced teachers moving to new FISD schools. Kids here are smart and competitive. It is also true that since most of the parents are well educated, there is a lot of support given at home. So the wonderful test scores are a result hard- working students, good teachers and tiger parents .

There is no proper supervision during those 20 min that walkers are held back. Bmany discipline issuesvhappen during those 20 minutes and therenis no accountability from the staff. The principal is hard to reach almost impossible, even with this kind of issues.

Borchrdt is so conducive and so much fun involved learning atmosphere that I can compare with some other exemplary school in plano school district. My elder daughter went in PISD in fade-K & 1 while younger one in FISD. Younger one has learned so much academically as well as behaviorally that I rate it better than many other exemplary schools.

Borchardt was a great school until this year. The principle from last year retired. We sure do miss her! She was great. She made a point to be kind and friendly to everyone. She appreciated the volunteers. She valued their time and hard work and made sure that everyone knew this. This year volunteers are feeling under appreciated . Maybe the new principle will realize the importance of volunteers when everyone stops volunteering due to her bad attitude. I will continue to volunteer for my children's classrooms but that is it. No one wants to feel like they have wasted their time and efforts when they go unnoticed and unthanked.

We have been here for several years. This school has gone down hill. This year being the worst. Most of the teachers are okay. The administrative staff/principle could use some education on manners. They are rude and make parents feel unwelcome to be there. I'm very disappointed.

TERRIBLE. Please parents be aware. This school should be shut down forever. The worst experience my child has ever had.

There is nothing this school is doing to students more than any other nearby FISD school. Its the parents that are making students achieve high scores by enrolling kids in extra education outside. Its too early to comment on new principal but what I noticed so far in my 3 visits to school - she does not greet every parent who passes her but only smile/greet few parents.

I don't agree with the negative comments I see about this school, my two kids had great experiences at this school with caring teachers and friendly staff. I'm glad my sons go to this great public school. They are in first and second grade right now.

This was a great school until a new principle came in this year. She seems to be on a mission to show everyone who is in charge and making a lot of unnecessary changes (for the worse). Last year was a wonderful year and my child loved going to school. Everyone was like family, teachers, staff, parents and kids. This year the new office staff is rude and unwelcoming as well as the principle. My child does not look forward to going to school anymore and seems so down. I don't even like stepping foot in the school anymore. I know a lot of parents feel the same as I do over the new principle and office staff.

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE MISTAKE I MADE... After researching all schools in Plano, Frisco, Allen before we relocated to TX, I thought this school would have been the perfect choice... WRONG... I have no idea where the super high test grades come from, when the freshly, inexperienced just out of college teachers do not teach the children the proper spelling of words and reading is not emphasized at all, homework inexistent, and no follow up either. Not only academically weak, my five year old daughter was taunted and bullied by a peer under the teacher's supervision and approval of the behavior , since the perpetrator was the teacher's pet and the parents who also condoned the behavior, were always present at the school campus and when made aware of the situation, stated their daughter's behavior was perfect and didn't need any concern. When the issue was brought to the now retired principal, she was too busy planning her retirement party, to do anything about the issue. I DO NOT recommend this school to anyone, unless bullying is an action you condone. The mentioned teacher is no longer on Campus. VERY DISAPPOINTED

Last modified Borchardt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.