Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I have no experience with bullying at the school.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I am not a strong supporter of excessive homework and McCall gives reasonable homework that is meaning. Usually in a week, he is responsible to read every night and work on one other activity that reinforces LA or Math.

McCall is an excellent school! I have a son in the second grade and the teachers here are wonderful. This is our second year here and I would highly recommend it to any parent. The PTA is extremely active and they offer a wide variety of clubs and after school programs. They have a lot of events in the evening for families to come together. They are very well planned and attended. The students here are well behaved and hard working. McCall is an excellent school!!

So far my experience had been good. With a public school system, we have to make some adjustments as they are bound by their rules. Other than the rules which irk me, I am happy with what my son had received during his first year here.

So glad the acadmic year (such that it was) is just about over. My three boys loved school and were always happy to go,,,then we moved into the McCall zone. Unfortunately, they did not have a good experience. Teachers were non communicative about standardized tests with regard to where they thought the boys should be and where they wanted them to be. Two of my kids were placed into classes wtth a majority of under achieving students. The teacher taught to the lowest common denominator. There was no effort to challenge or engage. I attempted to speak with both teachers in question and it was like talking to a brick wall. The answer was "well, that's the curriculuum". Unbelievable. I just kept hoping it would get better even as we suppleemented their education with academic enrichment at home. We simply cannot afford to have another year like this one...we will be going to private school next year.

My daughter will finish first grade soon. Wow! awsome!!!. We are happy with our school. The school has provides many resources and activities to help parent/students achievement in their academic and development. I just attended one of the activities this week regarding istation which teachers and staffs provided resource to help with students' reading material in Summer. Then my daughter got several books from the bookbarn which donated by the students. So definitely high 5 for alls (staffs, teachers, students, and parents.) Especially, my daughter could not stop talking about her teachers and motivate us as a parents to get involved with her school. Thanks you very much to McCall Elementary School.

Very disappointed in the level of curriculum, I feel we have wasted two years of my child's education we are moving on next year. If you are interested in a Plano education skip this school. Their math curriculum is ridiculously easy, which is reflected in their test scores. Their administration is apathetic at best.

My daughter loves this school but honestly, I wish the work was more challenging. Students should have more homework. They offer a Talented and Gifted program but they should consider offering this type curriculum to all students, not just the ones who score within the 97-99 percentile on a test. I selected Plano for the schools but to be quite honest, I am a little disappointed.

Love, love, love McCall Elementary! This is a diverse neighborhood school with great teachers, support staff and dedicated parents. My child has been blessed with dynamic, smart and caring teachers since he started in kindergarten. There are many after school programs to enrich his academic experience and several opportunities a year to mingle and make new friends. I feel like my child is given every opportunity to excel and succeed. The principal is gracious and cares deeply about the academic and personal developement of the children at her school.. Lots of new neighborhoods building around the school, beautiful area if you like nature and being outdoors with Oak Point preserve nearby.

McCall Elementary is a great school! We've been very pleased with the education our children have received. The teachers are very caring and enthusiastic. The Principal and front office staff are welcoming and friendly. The PTA works hard to provide many get-to-know you events. It's a very diverse school with many cultures represented. Our kids love McCall Elementary and that's enough to make me happy!

Last modified McCall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.