Bad
Good

So far my experience had been good. With a public school system, we have to make some adjustments as they are bound by their rules. Other than the rules which irk me, I am happy with what my son had received during his first year here.

So glad the acadmic year (such that it was) is just about over. My three boys loved school and were always happy to go,,,then we moved into the McCall zone. Unfortunately, they did not have a good experience. Teachers were non communicative about standardized tests with regard to where they thought the boys should be and where they wanted them to be. Two of my kids were placed into classes wtth a majority of under achieving students. The teacher taught to the lowest common denominator. There was no effort to challenge or engage. I attempted to speak with both teachers in question and it was like talking to a brick wall. The answer was "well, that's the curriculuum". Unbelievable. I just kept hoping it would get better even as we suppleemented their education with academic enrichment at home. We simply cannot afford to have another year like this one...we will be going to private school next year.

My daughter will finish first grade soon. Wow! awsome!!!. We are happy with our school. The school has provides many resources and activities to help parent/students achievement in their academic and development. I just attended one of the activities this week regarding istation which teachers and staffs provided resource to help with students' reading material in Summer. Then my daughter got several books from the bookbarn which donated by the students. So definitely high 5 for alls (staffs, teachers, students, and parents.) Especially, my daughter could not stop talking about her teachers and motivate us as a parents to get involved with her school. Thanks you very much to McCall Elementary School.

Very disappointed in the level of curriculum, I feel we have wasted two years of my child's education we are moving on next year. If you are interested in a Plano education skip this school. Their math curriculum is ridiculously easy, which is reflected in their test scores. Their administration is apathetic at best.

My daughter loves this school but honestly, I wish the work was more challenging. Students should have more homework. They offer a Talented and Gifted program but they should consider offering this type curriculum to all students, not just the ones who score within the 97-99 percentile on a test. I selected Plano for the schools but to be quite honest, I am a little disappointed.

Love, love, love McCall Elementary! This is a diverse neighborhood school with great teachers, support staff and dedicated parents. My child has been blessed with dynamic, smart and caring teachers since he started in kindergarten. There are many after school programs to enrich his academic experience and several opportunities a year to mingle and make new friends. I feel like my child is given every opportunity to excel and succeed. The principal is gracious and cares deeply about the academic and personal developement of the children at her school.. Lots of new neighborhoods building around the school, beautiful area if you like nature and being outdoors with Oak Point preserve nearby.

McCall Elementary is a great school! We've been very pleased with the education our children have received. The teachers are very caring and enthusiastic. The Principal and front office staff are welcoming and friendly. The PTA works hard to provide many get-to-know you events. It's a very diverse school with many cultures represented. Our kids love McCall Elementary and that's enough to make me happy!

Great teachers and staff. My kids adore their their teachers and love going to school. Homework isn't as intense in Kinder in this district than a previous school district we attended. In 3rd grade, students copy notes from the board. Then, they are to use these notes to study for tests (even if the student did not finish copying all of the information). Parent involvement is slim. The few parents who do volunteer do a great job.

McCall elementary school, Plano, TX 75074. This school is an excellent examples for team works. My daughter is currently in 1st grade and her teacher is the best teacher, Mrs. Beaumont. My daughter would able to excel in her academic and personality which her teaching skills, motivate students to be creative and involvement. Also, the principle, teachers, staffs, students, parents are all involvement and helps students to succeed in both academic and extra curriculum. PTAs and teachers-parents create activities to help raise funds to help our little kiddos such as school supplies, filed trips, Multi-cultural days, etc. We are as a parent are proudly happy and very please with our school. So we wish for our school best of luck to win this sweepstakes. Love. Mommy.

McCall Elementary has great teachers. So far we have been impressed by the staff at the school. The teachers are very responsive when contacted and the specials programs are great as well. Parents are encouraged to help and volunteer.

Last modified McCall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.