Pleasanton, TX

Posted March 17, 2013
This past fall was my daughters first experience with school setting, she'd been to pre-school but not a big school before. So we were both pretty nervous, especially since my daughter is uber sensitive by nature. I could not have asked for a better first teacher for her, Mrs Baker is amazing. She understands the kids in her class and truly cares about them. My daughter loves Mrs Baker and talks about her non stop, even wanting to be a teacher like her! The principal is great too. I get calls often about school updates, like early dismissals, many items in lost and found, lockdown drills etc. It's a fun school, and I'm so delighted to continue here with my son.

Posted June 08, 2011
I have 2 children who attended this school during the 2010-2011 school year. We moved to San Antonio from another city (over 2 hours away) and I was very cautious and apprehensive about finding the right school for my children to attend. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the staff, teachers, and leadership at Woodlake. Both of my children were able to flourish at the school and both have very different needs and academic learning styles. Parents are welcome at school events and volunteerism is encouraged. I was able to visit my kids' classrooms when desired and speak with teachers as needed via various communication methods. I am satisfied with my decision.

Woodlake Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2010
My oldest child went here for a year, I was made to feel like parents were not wanted or needed in this school. I moved her to another school. They got a new principal and my youngest is now in PreK. I decided to give them another chance as the preK program is new. Well, same story. VERY unwelcoming school, rude staff, every week they come up with another asinine rule. I'm taking my child out of school and keeping her home thanks to this!

Posted March 23, 2010
I am a very thankful parent. The staff at Woodlake is wonderful. They work very hard to bring the best of education to our children. I can't say enough about the great leadership the Principal Mr. Brussard displays on a daily basis. It is true the picking up & dropping off can get challenging, but Mr Brussard and the teachers are always present assisting with the loading & unloading of our kids in a very safe manner. In my opinion, we parents could assist with the traffic dilema by showing up early & parking a few blocks away rather than adding another car on the driveway. If the comment is true of teachers never notifying parents of the 'too many things going on at once' How would this 'unotified' parent know of such events? Check backpacks.. Walk instead of drive,, Good luck at your next 'perfect' school

Woodlake Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2010
My children are at this school for just this school year. My complaint is that there are at times too many things going on at once and the teachers to not stay in contact with the parents with like a news letter. The parking and if you want to pick up your child good luck, it sucks! Thank Heaven we will not be here next year!

Woodlake Elementary School 0

Posted July 05, 2009
My child has been doing very well in school thanks to her teacher mrs.galloway . But i thhink the school should let parents get involed more , the only way to do this is to go through a back round check type of thing . And wat if a parent that has a bad history wants to come to her daughter/son's holiday party ? they cant because of this .So I say they need to make parents feel more welcome inorder to get more volenter work.

Woodlake Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2009
We moved here last year and my son was in second grade. My son was doing work here that he had already done in first grade at his old school. It wasn't until the end of the year that he even got to the point that he was already at when we moved until the very end of the school year. His teacher was not communicative about anything. He loved school before coming to this school and began dreading it everyday. It may be that we come from a place that parents are more involoved, but the children and their behavior showed that there was a lack of parental interest. We only attend this school because it is in our area.

Posted May 12, 2009
I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with this school w/in the last 3 yrs. The teachers have shown me that they care for the students. They keep me informed as to performance and they offered a FREE summer reading program which was fun and educational for my son. My ONLY complaint is that as a parent I do not feel welcome in the school itself. There is no room for me to go eat lunch with my kids, which I remember as a child LOVING when my mom came to eat lunch with me. AND no room that I have seen to volunteer. As a stay at home mom, I have a lot of time to offer and it's a shame that it can't be spent serving the teachers and staff that take such good care of my kids. I love WOODLAKE

Posted December 03, 2008
My son attends this school and I thing this is a great school as the teachers and entire governing body cares deeply for the students.

Woodlake Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2008

Woodlake Elementary School
5501 Echo Lake Drive, Pleasanton, TX  78064
Last modified Woodlake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top