Port Arthur, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 11, 2015
They work hard of course you have more effective teachers and then those that are a work in progress.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 11, 2015
Some parents feel that it is too much. With the growth in high stakes testing these days, more is expected from home. Students can become burnt out easily if it is too much. (Depends on grade level)

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 11, 2015
Yes, compassion is taught. Students are taught to understand that there are rules, but yet there are consequences for breaking the rules. This is preparing them for the real world society and to value their education. Some get it now, some get later on in life.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 11, 2015
yes, good citizenship is always being taught. It takes the school and home to make these connections in student lives. Stay involved in your child's education.

Travis Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2015
I was a former teacher there. I soon accepted a job as a principal and moved away wanting to better myself and grow. It was great place to work and gain experience. My passion at Travis was for my students. PAISD is as a whole is a very trying district and you have to have the heart for it. REALITY: Students come from many different backgrounds. Behind the scenes, you deal with students who don't want to learn, students who are having a bad day, students who love you one day, and say they hate you the next. You are more than just a teacher so you have to take this and teach/love them all each day with no bias!! The school is very old and needs to be upgraded. There are plans for the school to be rebuilt in the next year or so. Hopefully, this will enhance the growth for areas like technology in order to keep up with a technology based society. You want your child to have the best! It is not the best school in the world, but not the worst.

Travis Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2014
This school needs major remodeling. It is a very old school and it smells like so. I would like to see major improvement in the appearance of Travis Elementary. This school lacks SCHOOL SPIRIT! My children are not excited to attend school and they have told me that it is because this school does not look inviting to them. I went into my son's classroom and it was small and very messy with lots of old things! It did not look appealing to me at all! When I am invited to attend school programs it is always VERY UNORGANIZED and even the teachers look like they are falling asleep! Not to mention that there isn't decent seating. I have also noticed that some of Teachers have interest in the school and wish it well but they have no support from the Principal because she is very negative and lacks school spirit! The Principal is just there for a paycheck and it shows. I am very disappointed in Travis Elementary and what is has become!

Travis Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2013
My daughter attends this school and I cant wait until she graduates 5th grade! Her teachers are very rude, the building itself is very old and needs major remodeling! The PAISD overall in my opinion is one of the worst school districts in the U.S. I have heard countless stories about bad teachers and hostile environments there. I do not recommend this school to anyone!

1115 Lakeview Avenue, Port Arthur, TX  77642
Last modified Travis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Travis Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top