Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 24, 2016
Mrs. Palermo, Mrs. Murphy, Mrs. Stansbury. My daughter has all three of these teachers that rotate with her during the day. They are an amazing team and are all so compassionate about what they are teaching

Posted April 24, 2016
Tyrrell sets the standard for the rest of our school district by staying ahead and anticipating student needs. One thing for example that they started this year is class dojo app. It is an excellent way to communicate to parents, and parents to communicate with teachers. Looking forward to another amazing year.

Posted August 24, 2015
Ni ce school very organize. Beautiful arquiture. Teachers always prepare everyday for their students. Happy new year to everyone 2015-2016. Go titans

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 24, 2015
More homework and proyects help our kids to success in our school ..parent we Need to focus on our kids homework

Tyrrell Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2014
Best elementary school my son has learned to read and speak english all in kindergarten one year ago he did not speak english english is not the primary language at home.

Posted June 01, 2007
My 1st and 5th graders had an excellent school year. My 1st grader had excellent teaching and encouragement My 5th grader was very well prepared for the TAKS this year. My kids love Tyrrell.

Posted February 24, 2007
My kids have been going to Tyrrell for a while. This is my 5th grader's last year, and I know she will truly miss it. The teachers are great and the principal is great. I don't which Middle school she will attend but I wish Tyrrell had a 6th grade and I wouldn't have this problem. My 1st grader is doing wonderfully and he's looking forward to 2nd grade. I wouldn't send my kids to any other elementary school in port arthur.

Posted January 30, 2007
Tyrrell is a great school with an outstanding staff and administration. The principal really cares about kids, regardless of their ethnicity or home situation. The Board would do well to take notice and allow her to do her job without all of the micromanaging.

4401 Ferndale Drive, Port Arthur, TX  77642
Last modified Tyrrell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.