Port Arthur, TX

Memorial High School 3

Posted February 01, 2014
This school lacks school spirit! They need to work on getting students more involved in extracurricular activities.

Memorial High School 4

Posted June 17, 2013
I don't like this school or either the city of Port Arthur. Especially schools are bad and teachers too they don't care anything about students. We Hispanics and if our race need help in Spanish or other language they won't able to help. The city of port Arthur very very personal when you go to pay the water! The city very ugly needs to fix the streets and the city grass very tall they never cut the grass here

Memorial High School 1

Posted June 06, 2013
Trust me I've been enrolled at this school since the day it was built. 1st year they gave me a class that require the CATE building but during my 9th grade year CATE building (the building that teaches real world skills) wasn't even built yet. Your attendance WILL be affected somehow even if you maintained a perfect attendance, staff will mess up on many occasions. To top it all off the football players have almost full immunity to the teacher scoldings and are allowed to get away with mostly everything. Academics have little appreciation at this school. They care more about athletics, I'd advised you to stay FAR away from this school.

Memorial High School 1

Posted May 29, 2013
I urge the TEXAS BOARD OF EDUCATION to please look into the horrible things going on in this school district! We moved from New York and were absolutely horrified from the things that have happened in this short time that we have lived here. Teachers do not care weather students pass or fail, all they want is a paycheck! The VIOLENCE and the BULLYING is OUTRAGEOUS!! My daughter goes to school afraid that she will get hurt everyday! I am at the end of the rope. We have tried speaking with principals, assistant principals and there is just no help! All we have experienced is an abundant of rude and disrespectful staff that get mad when we try to ask for help!

Posted July 01, 2009

Memorial High School 4

Posted June 01, 2009

Posted April 27, 2009
I think that over the years pa memorial students have tried to make memorial a better place to achieve and learn more

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted October 10, 2008
i think that it is gettig bettter as the years come around

Memorial High School 3

Posted September 17, 2008
I am a senior at memorial high school and I have to say it is no the worst school ever.I mean all schools have their share of problems quite frankly i don't think it is the teachers faults. The problem is that they have everyone in Port Arthur in one school the school is too packed we cant even eat lunch the lines are so long that by the time you get up to the line lunch is over. And as for the gangs and drugs they do a good job of keeping that out, you hear all of these stories about those things but you never hear about the good thing. I feel that people should stop talking about things they know nothing about.

Memorial High School
3501 61st Street, Port Arthur, TX  77642
Last modified Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top