Posted August 21, 2014
Horrible school... I agree with the other parents. That superintendent should be ashamed for allowing those two women run this school the way they do. They treat this public school like a detention center. It breaks my heart to know what goes on here. Parents if your child comes home starving and claims they never had a chance to eat lunch, believe them. I personally along with other parents have seen the staff make them toss their trays. I used to love eating lunch with my child, but I stopped because I have left there in tears several times. Making my child go to this school makes me feel like I am a bad parent.

Posted May 31, 2013
We moved here 6 months ago and hate it! This school treats these kids like they are in boot camp! the last two parents have said it all.

Posted August 25, 2012
I have to agree with the other parent. I have had 2 kids go through this school, and one was verbally abused daily by teachers. The vice principal is very unprofessional and acts like a child not a professional and the principal is not much better. This is the worst school I have ever seen or been involved with.

Posted October 25, 2008
I have had 2 children attend G-P Intermediate school. One is in 5th grade this year. I have also had kids at W.C. Andrews Elem., G-P Jr. High and High Schools. I have never been treated disrespectfully or rudely at any of the schools..........except the Intermediate. The Principal is the rudest, most disrespectful woman I have ever met. The Vice Principal is only marginally better. They not only treat the parents badly, they also treat the students like they are all criminals in the making. My family loves this school district with the exception of the Intermediate school. I think the superintendant of schools, Dr. Paul Clore, needs to intervene at this school and take these power hungry women out of their positions and replace them with staff equal to the quality at the other district schools.

Gregory-Portland Intermediate School 2

Posted September 15, 2006
- a former student

Gregory-Portland Intermediate School 5

Posted May 03, 2006
GP Intermediate School is an exceptional school with excellent teachers who offer great teaching to their students.

Gregory-Portland Intermediate School 5

Posted July 20, 2005

Gregory-Portland Intermediate School 4

Posted August 27, 2004
My daughter attended G-P Intermediate. Neither my daughter or myself had any complaints about the school, good teachers, good support. There was only one teacher/staff memeber who could be seen in the lunch room and sometimes helping direct traffic outside. I had seen her behave very rudely several times, yelling at kids and at parents. My daughter complained about her behavior several times to me also. She really stood out because none of the other staff behaved in that manner. Luckily, this was only a small part or reflection on the school. I would therefore recommend G-P Intermediate as being a good quality school, probably one of the best in San Patricio County.

Gregory-Portland Intermediate School 2

Posted October 24, 2003
Portland is a wonderful place to live and to raise children. GPISD has an excellent school district, however, the parent/child support at GP Intermediate isn't at its best. When a person takes on the responsibility of overseeing an entire school, that said person should act accordingly and have respect for both the child and parent(s)....I have not seen this behavior take place from the one in charge at this school. Hopefully something will be done about this for future parents and children at this school.

Gregory-Portland Intermediate School
4200 Wildcat Drive, Portland, TX  78374
Last modified Gregory-Portland Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gregory-Portland Intermediate School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.