Posted March 31, 2013
I transferred to Poteet only three weeks ago from neighboring high school, North Mesquite, and I absolutely love it! At North Mesquite, I came in as an all A student in honors classes to barely making B's, except in JROTC. It wasn't that I did not understand the material or the teacher(s) had a bad teaching technique, but because the teacher couldn't teach over the rude and obnoxious kids! The teacher(s) however, eventually gave up and kept saying "don't understand something? come to tutoring." knowing that 98% of their students rode the bus that arrived at the school at 8:00 leaving 25 minutes for tutoring compared to the 1 hour 45 minutes we have in class. However, at Poteet it blew my mind how peaceful and accepting the environment was. When I needed help the teachers were there to actually help me other than just saying "just come to tutoring". My grades went from barely making B's to high A's AND getting into honor classes again. As a athlete as well, the coaches are phenomenal! The teammates in all sports work as a team, motivate, and cheer one another on. Poteet high school is just such and outstanding school and I am happy to be a student here.

Posted September 23, 2008

Posted June 23, 2007
i go here it is absolutely amazing! Teachers are wonderful, and the student body is peaceful.

Poteet High School 4

Posted December 30, 2005
Grades are great. Some students need help and arn't asking for it

Poteet High School 1

Posted February 09, 2005
Quality of academic programs are poor. This school has gang problems and lack of descipline. Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities are there but staffing is poor, coaches don't care. Level of parent involvement is average. I won't put my child in this school again. One of my girls was in Ap algebra and they had kids that could not do simmple math in the same class.

Poteet High School 3

Posted January 12, 2005

Poteet High School
P O Box 138, Poteet, TX  78065
Last modified Poteet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poteet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top