Bad
Good

Cynthia A Cockrell Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2014
Last year was the 1st year that my child attended Cockrell. The facility is new and offers new technology in the classroom. It would be nice for the kids to use ipads like I have seen in other schools. The principal and teachers were welcoming; athough they all have a no nonsense approach, which i appreciate and respect. It would help to have more diversity (ethnicity) among the teachers. The schools approach of having the kids read daily is great - it would be great if they have the child write about what they read at homework. I felt that they could spend more time on math (i.e. word problems) and possibly send sheets home with kids to reinforce learnings. It was a bit difficult to know which topics/lessons were being taught so it was hard for me to reinforce learning at home - this is an opportunity. I did attempt to stay connected with the teacher. The parents are very involved in the activities which is a plus. Overall my daughter transitioned well and enjoys going to the school. We look forward to continuing my childs education at Cockrell.

Cynthia A Cockrell Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2013
My daughter goes to Cockrell currently. The school itself is beautiful, classrooms are very nice and everything is state of the art and education is taken serious in Prosper. I rate this school a three because we have had several instances of rudeness my child has experienced with the staff. For example, my daughter had chicken nuggets one day at school and there were several ketchup packets on the table. As my child reached for a ketchup packet, an employee reached for it out of her hand and told her ketchup is not on the menu. She thought the lady was joking, but the lady just walked away with the ketchup. Not a big deal, but really?? The staff overall is a bit "militant" with the kids and I don't think it's hardly necessary. I would also like to see a bit more diversity with the teachers at the school. It appears as though the leadership or those responsible for hiring are not open to diversity. I will likely consider private school or if possible another school in the district next year.

Posted July 03, 2013
Fantastic school....The standard is high in Prosper ISD and it shows in every aspect of the schools.We have been beyond pleased with Cockrell....

Posted June 24, 2013
I am a parent of five, two of which attended Cockrell in its first year. We are very happy here! We are new to Prosper after having a bad experience in a neighboring school district. My children's teachers were amazing. There were a couple of issues I had that I brought to the teachers and also something I brought to the principal early in the year. Issues immediately corrected. I felt like my opinion truly mattered. I never felt this way in our old school. My husband and I have been VERY impressed. I also love the amount of parent involvement here. Parents are made to feel so welcome here at anytime, whether its volunteering or attending an assembly or party. We are invited to everything! This school is also awesome at recognizing the children's accomplishments and making them feel special. There are lots of special awards and assemblies to honor them. I also just love the spirit here-lots of fun. The P.E. coaches are awesome and the music, Spanish, art and computer programs are first rate. I have no complaints here! I am so happy we moved to Prosper and that my kids attend Cynthia A Cockrell Elementary. I wish we had moved here sooner!

Posted November 19, 2012
Cockrell Elementary opened this school year (2012-2013) and is already honoring Prosper ISD's high standards in education. We are proud to be a part of this school system.

Cynthia A Cockrell Elementary School
1075 Escalante Trail, Prosper, TX  75078
Last modified Cynthia A Cockrell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.