Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

My daughter attends Folsom, and I just can't say enough good things! The teachers go above and beyond each day to ensure academic and social successes for the students. While I have been happy each year, I think 4th grade has been my favorite. The 4th grade team is awesome! They are all different in personality, and they all bring somethings different to the table. when I drop my daughter off each day, I can't wait to pick her up and hear about her day of learning by example! Way to go Folsom!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers my son has had have been highly effective. This included first, second, third, and now fourth.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child has had teachers who have given him homework according to his grade level. Sometimes it is less time and sometimes more time, but each student is different.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, I think they give their absolute best in trying to do this. As a parent, it is also my responsibility to raise my kids this way. Folsom has "REACH" (resepect, encourage, appreciate, communication, honesty). My child talks about these each month.

Folsom is an amazing school who focuses on what's best for students. Not "all teachers" are the same, just like not "all" students are the same. If we as parents were grouped in the same category, we would not be very happy. The Principal cares about students and so does everyone else. Using names in reviews is rotten. Especially when it's not true. My child has had four wonderful years at Folsom. I don't agree with the 3rd grade teachers or 4th grade are bad. I am happy to say I would recommend Folsom to others.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They teach the basics and that is all. No reaching above and beyond or encouraging project based learning.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The PISD rule is 10 minutes per grade. It is more like 2 minute per grade.

Develops character: Neutral

There is a lot of yelling. Kids are kept in at recess to finish assignments in "Study Hall". GT kids are handed extra work in front of their peers.

We have been disappointed in this school because the the teachers do not encourage students to go above and beyond. The teachers seem to do the bare minimum with the kids. Homework is almost non-existent. Rarely do graded papers come home. The on-line grade book (Skyward) is never updated. The principal is good at shaking hands and kissing babies but she is all talk and no action when taking these matters on. Only a handful of PTO moms volunteer because the teachers push parents away from the classroom to assist in any way. They don't even want help making copies. Project based learning is not encouraged. Students are not challenged here.

It's been okay. Disappointed in my child's elementary school experience. Fourth grade was the worst - the teachers spent more time focusing on signing planners for anything they could think of or that got on their personal nerves (literally for chewing on a pencil one time, for an example, or standing "wrong"!) instead of focusing on the curriculum. Would have been great if the teachers had focused on teaching the ACTUAL CURRICULUM instead of this stuff. We were given the excuse of "Well, we have to get them ready for Rogers." Whatever. They just didn't want to have to work harder at teaching their actual subjects so they kept themselves busy with this so they could look like they were doing something. I was expecting to be sad for my child to leave elementary school, but I'm actually happy that Folsom is about to be in our rear view mirror.

Last modified R Steve Folsom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.