Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

R Steve Folsom Elementary School 5

Posted March 22, 2016
My daughter attends Folsom, and I just can't say enough good things! The teachers go above and beyond each day to ensure academic and social successes for the students. While I have been happy each year, I think 4th grade has been my favorite. The 4th grade team is awesome! They are all different in personality, and they all bring somethings different to the table. when I drop my daughter off each day, I can't wait to pick her up and hear about her day of learning by example! Way to go Folsom!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 15, 2016
The teachers my son has had have been highly effective. This included first, second, third, and now fourth.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 15, 2016
My child has had teachers who have given him homework according to his grade level. Sometimes it is less time and sometimes more time, but each student is different.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted March 15, 2016
My child has done very well in different classes. A teacher in 3rd grade made him work harder than he wanted to, but because she did, he has done well in 4th this year. Plus he has a wonderful 4th grade teacher team.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted March 15, 2016
It's up to us as parents to do our part too. I do feel teachers at Folsom do take the time to talk with students about respect.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted March 15, 2016
My child, and their friends talk about how their teacher(s) do extra things for them like stay in for lunch with them or take the time to help them in class. Of course they are kids, so I hear the negative when they are upset. I know as a parent, I trust my child with any teacher at Folsom.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 15, 2016
Yes, I think they give their absolute best in trying to do this. As a parent, it is also my responsibility to raise my kids this way. Folsom has "REACH" (resepect, encourage, appreciate, communication, honesty). My child talks about these each month.

R Steve Folsom Elementary School 5

Posted March 15, 2016
Folsom is an amazing school who focuses on what's best for students. Not "all teachers" are the same, just like not "all" students are the same. If we as parents were grouped in the same category, we would not be very happy. The Principal cares about students and so does everyone else. Using names in reviews is rotten. Especially when it's not true. My child has had four wonderful years at Folsom. I don't agree with the 3rd grade teachers or 4th grade are bad. I am happy to say I would recommend Folsom to others.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted March 02, 2016
They teach the basics and that is all. No reaching above and beyond or encouraging project based learning.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted March 02, 2016
The PISD rule is 10 minutes per grade. It is more like 2 minute per grade.

800 Somerville Drive, Prosper, TX  75078
Last modified R Steve Folsom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.