Prosper, TX

R Steve Folsom Elementary School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
The school focuses on the kids that are in the middle. They are at a lose with smart kids or kids that struggle. Their ability to teach with different styles is very limited. They want to appear that they are working with your student but rather they are just trying to get your student to the next grade not actually teach them. We had Mrs Hartsel

Posted July 03, 2013
We had a great experience at Folsom.We have 3 children in Prosper ISD and have been pleased overall with the district.The administration and teachers at Folsom are outstanding.

Posted November 19, 2012
My daughter did Kindergarten at Folsom Elementary and we were very happy with the dual-language immersion program and faculty.

R Steve Folsom Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2011
Prosper ISD is an Excellent school district. Unfortunately, Folsom has the worst administration of the entire district. The teachers are fine. As long as your child has no issues that require assistance beyond the classroom, you will be happy with the school. You have to go to the district administration to accomplish anything that requires additional attention. My child was identified as gifted long before we moved to Prosper 4 years ago. I submitted her standardized, national test scores 3 times over the entire school year before we got any response from the school. The same story is true for many famiilies, even those whose children truly have special needs.

Posted June 21, 2010
My children have been attending school at Folsom for the past 4 years and we have loved it! The teachers truly care about their students' best interests and raise the educational bar for them with challenging, student centered instruction. As a former teacher myself, I am impressed by how involved and enthusiastic the Principal is, and how her faculty and staff strive to keep the lines of communication open. Even my nephew who attends jr. high in another district is always commenting on how much my kids are learning compared to what he learned at the same age. I can't say enough about the wonderful education Prosper I.S.D. offers!

Posted April 22, 2008

R Steve Folsom Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2008
Our daughter has been going to Folsom for 2 years. They are more concerned about the TAKS test than actually teaching the basic math, spelling or reading skills. They teach every kid as though they are gifted and talented and leave some kids behind. I've raised 6 kids in 3 different states and this one is not up to par, as far as teacher concern or teaching my child to learn. Thank goodness I have 2 in college now, because I'm spending money sending my daughter to outside sources to learn her math and reading.

R Steve Folsom Elementary School 0

Posted December 06, 2007
5-stars. We moved to Prosper on the reputation of the schools and have not been disappointed. It took our son some time the first semester to catch up and he has been challenged ever since. Mrs. Keener is a great Principal!

Posted October 16, 2007

Posted November 20, 2006
Teachers are great. There is great communication which is very important. The parents seem to provide the things needed with their time and money.

R Steve Folsom Elementary School
800 Somerville Drive, Prosper, TX  75078
Last modified R Steve Folsom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R Steve Folsom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top